HK Global Duty Free

Horrible company

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at HK Global Duty Free full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are very few good aspects to working for this company. You may get a decent starting pay with promised bonuses, but the pay will be slashed 20-40% within the first year and bonuses/commissions do not get paid. My salary was cut by over 25% and I had friends who lost 40% of theirs within the first year.

Cons

Bad pay, no benefits, little to no training, little to no paid leave, horrific communication within company, incredibly high turnover, no trust from upper management to any employee, too much micro-managing by upper management, ... There were conversations with management over a bonus structure for my position, but there was never anything that was followed through on. Many employees that were eligible for bonuses/commissions were force to file claims with the state or file suit in order to get them. Pay is well below average and the only way to get a raise was by threatening to leave. Salaried employees were often asked to work 60+ hours with no overtime pay.

Follow through on your promises, pay a decent salary to new employees, and hire some people who know what they are doing.

Don't work for this company

Former Employee - Buyer  in  Missoula, MT
    Former Employee - Buyer in Missoula, MT

I worked at HK Global Duty Free full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't think of any....my only recommendation would be to not take a job with this company.

Cons

They gave everyone a 20% pay cut and took away all benefits. Turnover is horrible. Management is horrible. No one communicates - they just yell.

Don't buy businesses you can't handle.

HKG Duty Free / HK Global Trading

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at HK Global Duty Free

Pros

Interesting people to work with.

Cons

Salary is well below national average. Only commission based usually 6% on profit only and not sales. I found my commission was cut to half due to overhead costs. Worked 10-12 hour days for minimal pay. The merchandise is tough to sell because it is older and other vendors have much better cost. No insurance although I was told I would get it after 90 days. Employee turnover is pretty high.

Please train your employees. Update the AS400 system (1988). Put the employee first, they are people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

I worked at HK Global Duty Free

Pros

Enrichment from Customer contact and relations. Communication among same level employees. Merchandise environment. Inventory supervision. Entrepreneur approach. Clean areas.

Cons

Owners request too much from employees. Long hours. Very high turnover. System flaws. not enough employees on peak seassons. Not follow marketing lead concepts. Saving too much resources affects performance of business.

Listen more to low employees. Invest the rigth way. Look to keep employees that can make you richer.

Worked for HK Global Duty Free? Contribute to the Community!