HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

www.hondaalabama.com
  www.hondaalabama.com

HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014

Nobuyuki Sanui

A great place to work

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time

Pros

Keep your nose clean and don't catch any points. Full time hiring won't be too hard to get that way. Very good pay and retirement benefits.

Cons

The rotating shifts, but hey, I'm not going anywhere lol

Consider a review of your communication abilities. Nobody wants to find out three mins before clocking out, "Hey, we're working late." Not cool

Busy

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

Pros

Great experience, great benefits, and diverse culture

Cons

Lots of work with little to no training.

Decent place to work for

Former Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL
    Former Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL

I worked at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They pay very well, you are guaranteed forty hours a week (more if wanted), benefits are good, in-house cafeteria with good food.

Cons

The management plays favorites so butt-kissing is the game. It can be difficult to keep up with the processes. They will get rid of you for any reason that they can. Swing shift, meaning you switch from 1st to 3rd every two weeks.

Treat your employees with more respect, screen middle management members better, stop treating temps unfairly.

A learning experience.

Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Lincoln, AL
    Current Employee - Assembly Worker in Lincoln, AL

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a starting wage.

Cons

Repetitive work.
    No opportunities for vertical advancement.
    Low morale.
    Stressful.

Think resourcefully.

They never lay off employees?

Former Employee - Assembly Worker in Lincoln, AL
    Former Employee - Assembly Worker in Lincoln, AL

I worked at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good facility. Training is good. Quality product

Cons

The company says it had never done lay-offs for it's workers. That means HONDA employees, not the 100"s of Temp workers they bring in, pay 1/2 the wage, and discard at will. There are too many HONDA employees that simply don't do their jobs while the TEMP workers do the work for them.

Take a look at your HONDA employees and really evaluate if they are working or skating by. You have a great deal of TEMP workers that seriously need a job that aren't treated very well. Also, your ethnicity of workers doesn't match the geographic area and make up of the community. Lot's of favouritism on the assembly line. TEMP workers perform a lot of repetitive motion procedures while HONDA workers don't.

Hard work but just a number to management

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama)

Pros

As a temp here for over a yr the pay is great considering you make more than other places in the state. Good skill building.

Cons

As a temp I feel like all management really cares about is numbers and not quality of the product. It hurts many of us (temps) who break our backs working and volunteering but then during the quarterly meetings you praise all the full-time with a bonus for all their hard work. We signed on with our temp agency understanding this but the way we get treated is destroying our morale. You say HMA is 60% temp and 40% full...my question is this...Why then is full-timers complaining about us. Most of them got hired on full-time when you opened and we work our butts off working all the volunteer overtime and getting no bonuses. To you full-timers on here. We get half your pay and it takes us 4 months to receive 8 hrs PTO. Quit crying about your little raises and $2,000.00 lump sum bonuses. I know there are many temps you and I see who are worthless to HMA but please know many our working and trying to get on full-time. Us temps have no say here because basicly it seems like everyone just thinks of us as a nobody. On my team where I work we take up money when a full-timer goes out on FMLA or when a death in their family has occured. They respect us temps and understand why we choose to volunteer the overtime when asked by our TM or TC.

Please try to treat and listen to full and temp associates better. Even though i really dont think you will im still giving you 110% of me. Also, is it true that you give $18,000.00 to Elwood Staffing for each temp you hire full-time? If so, I know now why we dont receive any bonus.

good place to get experience

Current Employee - Engineering Associate
    Current Employee - Engineering Associate

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits, job security, pay is not bad at all with over time pay.

Cons

Many non-professional behaviors. Depends on department and sub-group, work hours can be flexible or not. frequently making a new group and separating group. sometime function of the group is not well defined.

pay is good

Current Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL
    Current Employee - Process Associate in Lincoln, AL

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pay...job security...never lay off full time employees

Cons

rotating shifts, long hours, work is hard

hey, they are tired too

Loved working here.

Current Employee - Co Op in Lincoln, AL
    Current Employee - Co Op in Lincoln, AL

I have been working at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced field, producing great cars. Unlimited opportunities.

Cons

Difficult to move up in position.

Think outside the box more often.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Technical Specialist
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist

I worked at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Japan culture is great to help develop young engineers

Cons

Salary was to low and raises were small.