HMS Holdings

Be The First To
Add Photos

HMS Holdings President & CEO Bill Lucia

Bill Lucia

Pros:
  • "Great coworkers and good work-life balance"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people with openness to discuss the organization and its needs"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Also leave aside any notion of maintaining work-life balance or pray that you are not asked to work overtime"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Too many mid-level managers have no people skills and manage by fear/intimidation"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The department with the worst rep...

Verification Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsThe only pro is the overtime pay.

ConsNo life. Work seven days a week. Rules only apply to a selected few. Loud and catty coworkers. Unsanitary co-workers (food stuck in keyboards, crumbs all over the desk, and let's not get started on the bathrooms). Half of the team leads don't know how to fully do their jobs and the other half don't want to do their jobs. 30 minute lunch + 4 microwaves + 40 plus employees = a frenzy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people based solely off their QA, production, and personal favorites. Start looking at their knowledge and efficiency of different websites and procedures.

JUST TERRIBLE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HMS Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWill meet people who are good at heart.

ConsHMS would be a good company if they pick their Managers, Supervisors and Team Leads better. Supervisors will let the team leads talk to you like you are a child and then do not say anything. They will call you unprofessional if you take up for yourself. In Provider Relations they have lost a lot of good people and will continue to lose more. They have ghetto want to be Christians Team Leads. You have to speak up for yourself because they will put you in a position that is beneath you but if you kiss BUTT you will become a team lead or even a Supervisor. The sweetest person will become the meanest person if you work in Provider Relations. They feel like they are over your career and will tell you that but other people who don't do anything will get moved up. Lot of talking behind your back from team leads, supervisor and even management. They all stick together even if they know they are lying.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Managment is to stop believeing what you hear. HR needs to be able to pick team leads and supervisors not the manager. They will post a position and will already know who they are going to pick but tell everybody else to apply to make it look good. The CEO and anyone below him will need to look into this. Please pick your team leads, supervisors and managers wisely. HR should do the hiring not the supervisor or manager of the department

Not Worth It

TPL Specialist (Former Employee)
Charlestown, MA

I worked at HMS Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsNone, nothing, dont work here, waste of time

Consthe office manager has no clue how to manage, do tpl work, or even communicate correctly with employees, plays favorites, lies

Advice to Senior Managementhire a competent office manager

Tons of Potential

Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible work schedule.
You get plenty of vacation that accumulates quickly.
No micromanagement.
Main concern is to get your work done.

ConsThere is no direct path to advancement.
Poor training.
HR may or may not let you know if you are considered for an internal transfer.
The benefits could be better.
The company pays below industry average.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure you salary package - your workers are severly underpaid.
Offer more work from home opportunities.
Put some kind of training in place that will help your employees advance to other positions within the company.

Hit or miss

Provider Relations (Current Employee)
Albany, NY

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you're in the right dept. management has a good head on their shoulders. Friendly work environment, and competent organization.

ConsIf you end up in the wrong dept. administration runs things horribly. Mid level management is the grunt force of administration and it’s not unusual for them to work late into the night and on weekend or vacations. You’ll be asked to do some very shady things. The company is also in the process of consolidating to Texas so if you want to advance hope you’re interested in moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid level management is the grunt force of administration and it’s not unusual for them to work late into the night and on weekend or vacations.

HMS Review

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at HMS Holdings full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHMS is constantly growing and seeking to expand. The benefits are nice and you are able to have a life outside of work.

ConsThere is a need for better training, better HR processes, revenue allocation and better pay for Shared Services namely Provider Relations.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge your supervisors with monenitary compensation. The entire pay scale needs to be revamped. This will contribute to a better work environment and productivity.

Monotonous work

Charlestown, MA

I have been working at HMS Holdings

ProsEasy work and if you do not want challenging work this company may be for you.

ConsManagement does not communicate. There is no upper mobility. Management is some areas is incompetent. No benefits to improve your career, take courses, etc. Employees are not allowed to talk during work. Never heard of such an environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to communicate better nad bring incentives to the table.

Great company

PMii (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at HMS Holdings

ProsGreat company, good pay and opportunities

ConsMore opportunity for advancements, faster promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementI really do not have any advice to management

Solid company ,with less Pay

Dallas, TX

I have been working at HMS Holdings

ProsLearn ,gain experience,no worry of layoff

ConsSalaries are less tha industry standards.lot of offcie politics

Solid Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at HMS Holdings

ProsThe best thing for me are the people with whom I work with.
They are awesome and if your lucky you will work with some very cool people.
I love the PTO time that I recieved, however it has been cut back in the previous two years for new hires. The work depending on the department you are in can be very boring or very challenging (as in any job)

ConsSometimes you can get stuck in a rut and not have the chance to move up within the company.
I also have noticed more butt kissing as a way to move up the ranks. it that is your thing you will probably do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise them to not over promise t o your employees when you can't deliver the goods.
It only creates a bad environment and makes you come off bad.

Worked for HMS Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HMS Holdings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HMS Holdings CEO Bill Lucia. All 61 reviews posted anonymously by HMS Holdings employees.