HPS Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

2.6

Jeff Bak

Constant change

I worked at HPS as a contractor

Pros

Work environment was not too bad.

Cons

Depended on the dept you were moved to. Changes are a constant.

It is a job.

Current Employee - Reconciliation Analyst
    Current Employee - Reconciliation Analyst

I have been working at HPS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good PTO, floating holidays, personal time off and it is available up front at the start of the year. There is job security as far as the work goes- there are always issues to resolve.

Cons

Many problems with the underlying systems that are not resolved. Mandatory overtime without compensation.

Give and take would be great. Try to give a day off during the week if you expect people to work all weekend.

A good experience with really nice people, the building and property were nice as well.

Current Employee - Assembly Line  in  Paulsboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Assembly Line in Paulsboro, NJ

I have been working at HPS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice building (exterior and interior)
    Good property
    Loyal workers
    Opportunities for growth
    Flexible hours

Cons

Cons are simply what you make of them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment, poor pay.

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Trainer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great bunch of people.

Cons

Salary structure poor, especially compared to the money the company is making.

Share the wealth with your employees.

Good business model, poor execution.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at HPS

Pros

Colleagues are collaborative and helpful. Made many friends here. The service thee company delivers to it's clients is valued and we do it better than our competitors.

Cons

Management is terrible; in it for themselves and treat employees like a discardable component. Benefits are ok but. Of great.

Insurance Agent 15+ years Experience

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at HPS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent Company, Management is great! Colleagues are hard working (most of them) They offer great benefits and are very much family oriented.
    I have noticed with this company that most of the people that complain about every little thing and the people that are never happy with the work load " No Matter What" In most cases, it's because these individuals don't like to work hard. They are looking to come to work to chitchat and get paid for doing nothing. They want high salaries, high commissions, but they don't want to work hard.
    I know for a fact that if you are a hard worker, you give this company 100% while at work (like an employee should) They are more than fair to you.

I left the company due to a life threatening illness, If I were healthy I would love to be there!!! I worked very hard, had fun with the many activities the company organized for the Employees. I do miss co-workers and the company. They are wonderful!

Cons

They do need to be more organized and they need to setup better training program.

Get rid of the people that bring down the department's morale with there constante complaining, bad attitude, etc.
    Set up a better training program, have a master training manual and have each new employee sign off on each area / part once they have finished training. That way everyone has the same training, you have proof that it was taught and when everyone is being trained the same way there is less chance of an E&O.

Laid Back Environment

Current Employee - Manager/Supervisor  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager/Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Schedule/Telecommute, stable employment, nice coworkers, growing company.

Cons

Lower than average pay. No drive for change. Projects not well thought out.

Pay employees within the regional median.

Don't know why they are still in business

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A number of my co-workers are talented people who want to do the right thing. Flexibility and opportunity to work from home are appreciated. Frontage Road location is a good central location to work at.

Cons

Almost everything else. Salaries are low. Benefits are not good (except the PTO, which is decent). Management is way out of touch with reality, and never seems to learn from the mistakes they make. Company is ridiculously top-heavy, and they keep on hiring executives. Morale is continually low - and no one seems to care. Every project is implemented by the seat of their pants...with the same disastrous results and the same dissatisfied customers. They continue to hire people to make a difference, but then they don't allow them to. Overall, it is not a place you can feel successful, no matter how hard you try.

Wake up - stop listening to the people who got the company into this situation, and start listening to the people who actually do the work every day. Stop spending the money so stupidly, and invest in BRAND-NEW systems, not band-aiding the crappy systems currently in use. Perhaps invest in the people actually doing the work and trying to make a success of your ridiculous commitments and poorly planned projects. Enjoy spending your ridiculous salaries and bonuses while the company is going down the tubes. FYI - HPS is a joke in the IT and Insurance industries - and so are you.

Great Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent People, many hardworking professionals investing 100% of their skills.Great potential to become a fortune 500 company.

Cons

Compensation could be better, no incentives, wrong people in leadership positions, could be a career killer if you fall in the hands of the wrong manager.

Consider better compensation or incentives for employees with a long commute having to travel back and forth between Frontage and Lakeview Locations.

Pockets of great individuals trying to do their best.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at HPS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart and supportive co-workers trying to do their best in an ever-changing environment.

Cons

Lack of direction, support, promotional opportunities and salary increases from above.

Pick a direction and go.

Worked for HPS? Contribute to the Community!