HRsmart Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
3.8

HRsmart CEO Mark Hamdan
Mark Hamdan

Pros
  • The work hours can be very flexible and management has always exhibited their understanding of the importance of work-life balance for employees (in 5 reviews)

• Team members are generally competent, helpful and work well together (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing so employees are expected to work very hard (which can be a pro, depending on the type of person you are (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is all politics, cliques, and buddy syndrome who does not know how to run the business (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Growth and change

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Very little, if any, office drama or politics. People within and between teams support each other. Leadership is family-oriented and understands the importance of work-life balance. Employees are not micromanaged, but given the freedom to develop the product with individual effort as well as in teams. Management is accessible and helpful. Small company with a global presence allows people from many different countries to interact closely with each other and share experience and culture.

Cons

The difficulties during the financial crisis have affected the company's reputation. Health insurance coverage for families is very expensive. Compensation is slightly below average. Salary reviews occur at irregular intervals.

The changes in the last year have been very positive and it is an indicator that the company is going in the right direction. Employees have more of a sense of job security than in the past, but are still uncertain about the possibility of regular cost of living or merit increases.

Fast Growing Software Company

Current Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upward mobility. Fast Paced Work. Great Product to Sell and Market. Great for Self Starters. Flexible Schedules. New influx of young people. Exciting place currently due to rapid growth

Cons

The office space itself is a bit outdated. Employees generally keep to themselves. Rapid growth causes some growing pains.

Continue with the current direction. Facilitate more bonding between the different departments. Continue to be open about the direction.

Current employee who loves the company.

Current Employee - EVP Sales and Marketing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - EVP Sales and Marketing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We're an established player in our market but still have that start-up mentality of getting things done. If there is a problem you can get to the right person to fix it. There is a definite culture to promote from within. We're fast paced but supporting and encourage vacations and fun things in and out of the office. Our theme for the year was "Catch the Magic". Most or all employees have equity.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with problems. Staffing often has to catch up with sales. There are several larger competitors in the market with more resources.

Encourage more communication between departments. There are many untold great success stories.

Great Changes and Progress

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with global operations. Great product and happy clients. Employees get to learn how a global company operate since the size of the company allows one to see all aspects of the business. Nice perks and stock options. Flex time is wonderful. Lots of growth and development.

Cons

Need more staff. The team is working very hard to produce so much. This may not be sustainable for a long time. We need to have more staff, mainly in operations to deal with growing number of new clients

Need more communications on the company long term vision and how it plans to address the evolving competitive market.

OK place if you like chaos

I worked at HRsmart

Pros

I was given wide latitude on how I conducted my business. Like any business, there were boundaries, but they were kinda loose. Opportunity to move jobs laterally was decent at the individual contributor level. Worked with a lot of great and dedicated people.

Cons

Company lacked any real direction. Product development seemed to change with the wind/seasons. CEO's ethics are questionable. Pay was below average

New Summer Perk Announced!

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HRsmart recently announced the new summer schedule. All employees can work a half day every other Friday!

Perks like this are one of the many reasons I love working for HRsmart. I lot of companies claim to support a work/life balance but HRsmart delivers!

Thank you for the extra time with my family!

Cons

We're remodeling the other side of our office so it is really cramped. But that will become a perk because we will be moving in to our new offices soon!

Keep up to great work. I can definitely feel the upward trajectory the company is experiencing.

OK

Current Employee - Applications Developer
    Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at HRsmart full-time

Pros

Working at HRsmart allows you to have a flexible work experience. The people you work with are good at their job.

Cons

The company has made some strange choices, namely upper management, that has lead to some strange project priorities which has left some areas underserved.

Reward your workers for their hard work more and you'll likely find an increase in productivity and workplace morale.

Great Organization

I have been working at HRsmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HRsmart is a great organization for those looking to gain personal growth and experience. Not to mention, a very diverse group of employees to learn from and work with. The work hours can be very flexible and management has always exhibited their understanding of the importance of work-life balance for employees.

Cons

The company is growing so sometimes employees wear multiple hats. This is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

Is the grass greener?

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at HRsmart full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, many opportunities for professional growth, flexible work hours. We are finally shedding distracting side projects to focus on core strength of product and company.

Cons

Its been a very rough and stressful year, but things are finally looking up after the reorganization. While it It is very very busy, good improvements have been made.

Keep on target & don't get distracted. Do not over promise and under deliver. Lead your teams, don't just manage them.

Looking Up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at HRsmart full-time

Pros

The company has always been extremely flexible in accommodating outside (i.e. family) needs for its employees. HRsmart is also very big on promotion from within and enabling employees to seek other opportunities within the company. Employees are encouraged to be entrepreneurial in spirit and there is very much an open door policy.

Cons

Resource are tight and you must wear 'many many' hats. It can be frustrating trying to fulfill the client/product demands with the resources available. There is always a constant battle of re-prioritizing the greatest needs.

Be sure to communicate current health and direction of the company with the employees.