HSBC Mexico

www.hsbc.com.mx

HSBC Mexico Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014
HSBC Mexico – Mexico – “HSBC Mexico”

Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood environment and okay pressure, stable work.

ConsNot competitive benefit in the market.

Advice to Senior Managementno idea.

Find Another Bank

ProsGlobal Organization is HSBCs only saving grace

ConsBureaucratic, Politicized, Disorganized business units, Dysfunctional processes, Poor leadership and Silo Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure, reorganize & refocus on core products and efficient customer service

Good, intensive,

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company to work for with opportunities to work abroad although limited

ConsExpats are overrated throughout all departments of the company. Limited help to continue graduate studies abroad. HR is difficult to deal with

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement non subjective Balance scored cards. Bonus tends to fluctuate too much from year to year, implement a base bonus package

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Higher management isn't very emphatic

Account Executive (Former Employee) Tijuana, Baja California (Mexico)

ProsVery square and strong company identity. Full of growing opportunities and simple structure. Lots of stores and good opportunity to earn more money. Managers offer very good help and do work well with office culture.

ConsCompany values are based on English culture. Not good since Mexico and England are very different. Mexican culture is more relaxed and more family oriented. English are colder and don't mesh very well with mexican culture. Difficult to understand cultural differences.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to inform higher management of culture difference.

Great Plac

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsInternational Bank has a lot of breadth

ConsGrowing pain of integrating different banks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together

Great learning, lousy growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot about international banking, benchmark process across the globe.

ConsInternational Managers are the "ruling class", they go from country to country trying to learn but at the same time taking horrible decisions that are covered up by other International Managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop relying so much on IMs, local talent is just as good and better if you take into account their local knowledge.

Not very happy wit HR policies

Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFast high energy environment. Good starting point for fresh graduates. Good pay, but be prepared to work very hard.

ConsInhuman HR policies, who value human lives less than their stringent and ridiculous policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly look into the middle management who tend to ruin the enriching experience of the organization

Great

Intern (Former Employee) Mexico City (Mexico)

ProsDiverse work environment, great food

ConsThe AC was too hot sometimes

I don't have any experience with HSBC Mexico

Commerce Graduate, MBA In Finance and 4yrs Exp (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsI would like to work with this organization, if i get opportunity i will give my best.

ConsI have no downside comment on this topic.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have any advice on this particular reiew.

I learned a lot about personal banking

PM Subdirector (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsLots of opportunities to learn about banking.
    Good senior management in the Payroll and Saving Account areas.

A Starbucks inside the office!

ConsComplicated IT processes and policies.
    Bureacracy.
    Huge organization with problems to orchestrate all the areas to execute projects.
    Regular downsizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange IT policies and processes.
    Create development processes centered in the internal customer needs.
    A more proactive Human Resources area and better training plans.

Worked for HSBC Mexico? Contribute to the Community!