HSC Pediatric Center Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
1.9
Thomas W. Chapman

1. Great working environment, my experience was very professional and rewarding

Former Contractor - Systems Administrator/ITSupport Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at HSC Pediatric Center as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interacting with the customers, seeing that their computer related issues were resolved

Cons

Being an IT contractor, we didn't have much room for pay increase, or promotions

We shared, not sure if it was ever received.. We know they weren't implemented

2. Poor cultural values. Inefficent and punitive HR

I have been working at HSC Pediatric Center

Pros

This compagny offers flexible time in some departments which is much appreciated. Security guards are friendly and helpful. Cafeteria staff are nice.

Cons

HR is inefficient and punitive. The compagny is resistant to change and discourages any employee willing to improve standards of practices and patient's satisfaction. Patients complaint a lot. When you work there you are facing cliques, especially in rehabilitation. A lot of staff in patient care are disrespectful. If you go to HR to report something and they find out your report is correct, they will send you a letter putting the blame on you and will try to get rid of you or put you in a situation of failure. In other word, HR is fully part of, and encourages, resistance to change. HR is inexperienced to deal with the changes that have taken place in 2014 at the level of the compagny. The COO is present only once a week on average and does not seem to have a clue of what is going on below the surface. He is not close to employees and is not involved. The CMO is inefficient. He is very nice but does not follow up on what he promises or say and will give you up in a heartbeat. This place is a revolving door with poor cultural values and weak implementation of the code of conduct.

Please question HR practices, talk to employees regularly. COO needs to be present on the job. Replace CMO.

3. Great clinical staff, horrible management

I worked at HSC Pediatric Center

Pros

Good clinical staff who really care about their work. Unfortunately, this is the only pro to speak of. I guess also there is a decent work-life balance but wouldn't know about how it is for everyone in every department.

Cons

The HSC Health Care System is comprised not only of the hospital but also their foundation. The two do not see eye-to-eye. This makes working in any sort of communications, development, or marketing capacity nearly impossible. They do not operate as a system and do not appreciate change. They will fire you in a heartbeat if you promote "best practices" in any of the aforementioned practice areas. They don't want to hear how to get better, they just want to complain. Plus, their hands are tied due to a few senior managers who will fire anyone who upsets the balance. If you're not clinical staff, stay away! It's a ship run by fools.

None - I've already given it and they don't listen.

5. Growth and Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at HSC Pediatric Center

Pros

I think the benifits are great. I also think you are exposed to a lot of growth and opportunities at HSC.

Cons

I think there is a big miscommunition issue at the HSC Health Wide System. Communication needs to be work out.