HSN

HSN Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014

HSN CEO Mindy Grossman

Mindy Grossman

Pros:
  • "When I first found out that I could get a real job working from home, I was thrilled"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Great people to meet, enjoyable job, flexible when time off requested"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "So, with that in mind, the Work/Life balance was the main draw to our department"
    in 5 reviews
  • "if you think the cliques in high school were bad they are nothing compared to the cliques at HSN"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

They do not care about you

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at HSN full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking from home, no gas expenses

ConsI left making only 53 cents more than when I started - NO RAISES and NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES - I had 20 supervisors from start to finish all telling me different ways to work. They never ceased to take advantage of an opportunity to speak to me as if I were a new employee and not someone who'd worked with the company for nearly 4 years. I spent the majority of my time fixing mistakes by incompetent reps and new people. All the people who I trained with and who were already working at the company when I started were gone by the time I was let go, so I knew it was coming. The so-called CEO was someone I never met, just someone who enjoys all the $ that she makes by the backbone of the company (phone reps & warehouse reps) she has absolutely no clue what it's like for us, and if she cared she'd make the changes that are desperately needed. They only care about over charging elderly women for products that are made in China.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horses and be a manager. Instead of telling someone they're not doing good enough, tell them how to do it right. AND all of you need to get together to determine what is right instead of one telling it's one way while another says it's a different way.
Pay increases are absurd.
You clearly fire those of us who've been there and know what we're doing so the trainers continue to have something to do. You shouldn't treat your long time employees like they are new to the company and fire us for no reason. Give us the respect we have earned.
All of you posting on how much you love it after only a year, you will be gone before long too. Do not expect this to be your career. This isn't a company that wants that out of good, honest, hard working people.

There's No Place Like HSN!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at HSN full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to work with some of the best and brightest people in your field and make great contacts.
I've been very surprised by potential employers' enthusiasm to see HSN on my resume.
You never have the same day twice, which is great.
Management takes annual feedback pretty seriously and try to do what they can to make a better working environment.
Always encouraged to use your volunteer days to do Community Service.

ConsSometimes the workload is excessive, but that's to be expected if there is an upcoming show or launch.
Hard to move up or out of your department.
No matter how much you do, you'll rarely get above "satisfactory" on your annual review. Tower staff get big budget events; most everyone else gets DIY-on-a-shoestring-budget-events.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight in some departments to create better team dynamics.

Good company.

WAH Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at HSN full-time for more than a year

ProsSteady work. Lots of oppurtunity for overtime. Easy up sells. Friendly work environment.

ConsCan get busy during clearance/sales. Weekends are mandatory.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hsn

I have been working at HSN

Prosgreat hours for a single guy

Consnot family friendly work life balance

Great place to work

Customer Service Hybrid (Current Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits, positive people, campus, more benefits

ConsSalary, hours you have to work and weekends required.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent faster.

Great place to work and be!

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at HSN full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat working environment to be in!

ConsNothing bad to say at all!

Great people to work with!

Picker (Current Employee)
Roanoke, VA

I have been working at HSN as a contractor for less than a year

ProsFlexible schedule, you burn a ton of calories while you work.

ConsWork is related to the orders HSN receives. Hours are not guaranteed.

Great Company, Hard to move up internally.

Assistant Buyer (Current Employee)
Clearwater, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits, time off, personal improvement education.

Conssome of the management, very hard to move up internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of Management have been with the company so long they are not interested in change, which can hurt individual businesses.

Good people, questionable execs and senior management

Analyst I (Current Employee)
Saint Pete, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you are hired by a good team, with a good manager, you get flexible hours and an understandable boss. I've read some reviews on here that are not true in my case, but I'm sure it happens...

ConsExecutive management and senior management is pretty clueless as to what their employees are doing. They are good at talking, and like listening to themselves. These are the people working for bonus, and they don't do any heavy lifting. Basically create powerpoints and talk about them. Not much of a career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees, and understand how the business works. Too much "visionary" talk that goes nowhere.

Customer Service Rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at HSN full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood location Great fellow employees Easy work great training program

ConsNon employee friendly company not family friendly no incentive to keep employees from burnout or relief from stress

Advice to Senior Managementneed to work with employees more to offer more changes to relieve stress and burnout from daily routine company works with customers more than employees ( ie. phone operators)

Worked for HSN? Contribute to the Community!

HSN Videos

HSN – Why Work for Us?

ABOUT HSNI HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $3.3 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSN reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HSN CEO Mindy Grossman. All 132 reviews posted anonymously by HSN employees.