HSN

HSN Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

HSN CEO Mindy Grossman

Mindy Grossman

Pros
  • When I first found out that I could get a real job working from home, I was thrilled(in 26 reviews)

• Great people to meet, enjoyable job, flexible when time off requested(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to work hard to achieve work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Completely agree with another comment that the cliques are worse than high school and this starts at the very top(in 7 reviews)

Award-winning Senior Buyer / Category Manager with extensive record of success in producing large-scale improvements.

Senior Buyer (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsUnique customer base that allowed for immediate and long term sales promotion of new products.

ConsLarge organization with some very dated systems and processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosing their ability to allow mid-level managers to be creative, which is what allowed the growth from 2006 -2012.

Its a Fantastic movement, when I was worked there. Web team leaders AWSOME.

Creative LEad (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsHSN can give exact value & respect to the employes.

ConsAs of my experience, there is no downsides in HSN. Even my friend who worked morethan 3yrs, his opinion also the same.

MONOPOLY!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat benefits and working with great people... oh wait I don't really work at the HSN office so that could be why I work with awesome people.

ConsThey buy out small companies assuring us the owner who is selling that they would not shut us down. Guess what business is booming and they are shutting us down. Why to save a few pennies by shipping out of the Midwest and paying them less. Fantastic. If you want to know why America sucks this is why big companies like this one screwing the little guys. Guess back to the unemployment line for me huh

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

ProsBenefits, exposure, many opportunities, Pay scale is decent

Consmanagement, you don't leave work at work, gives anxiety, not a healthy work life balance

A decent company to work for

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsA stable job opportunity with room for advancement.

ConsBuilding has mold, and celebrities are sometimes rude.

Totally not worth the stress!

WAH Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe ability to add/trade hours with coworkers

ConsI was afraid that the over-excitement and positive attitudes by the trainers were a gimmick and, unfortunately, that was the case.

I had five supervisors during my eight months with the company, all of which gave me grossly
    different information about business expectations.

It was not uncommon to go two weeks without a reply from a supervisor or HR. You are not important to anyone there and will be completely ignored.

Weekends are required.

Call volumes are insanely high. Literally no time to take a breath during calls.

Show hosts constantly lie about the amount of stock left. Reps are urged to avoid the truth, as well.

The amount of stress is ridiculous for such a low-paying job. This is not a job you can leave at work. Customers making lewd, sexual comments, screaming elderly ladies, no-contact from superiors, isolation. It's far too much.

There are other work at home outlets out there. You will not be happy at HSN.

Advice to Senior ManagementUproot supervisors and replace them with people who actually work and supervise. Decrease call volumes.

Scenic tech, built set for the live show

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of opportunities to move up in the company

ConsCo-workers not always pleasant to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees to advance within the company

Good company to work for

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsWorking at home is nice. Generous PTO, nice people. It's really nice not having a boss looking over your shoulder every second. They really try to be flexible for you, but that doesn't mean you'll always get the days you need off.

ConsYou're tied to your desk for 8 hours with calls coming in non stop. Pay isn't really worth it for the amount of work you do, but it's not terrible either. It's a job. Not good, not bad. Nothing to be excited about. If the pay was better I'd consider working here for quite a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more and decrease call volume.

I love it...

WAH Sales (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsWorking from home, choosing my hours, great employee discount, positive attitude of trainers, and the ability to pick up and trade hours with other employees

ConsNone yet; although I don't like having to worry about metrics. The up-sells can be a little tedious, but I look at it as a challenge...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it positive!!

They do not care about you

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsWorking from home, no gas expenses

ConsI left making only 53 cents more than when I started - NO RAISES and NO ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES - I had 20 supervisors from start to finish all telling me different ways to work. They never ceased to take advantage of an opportunity to speak to me as if I were a new employee and not someone who'd worked with the company for nearly 4 years. I spent the majority of my time fixing mistakes by incompetent reps and new people. All the people who I trained with and who were already working at the company when I started were gone by the time I was let go, so I knew it was coming. The so-called CEO was someone I never met, just someone who enjoys all the $ that she makes by the backbone of the company (phone reps & warehouse reps) she has absolutely no clue what it's like for us, and if she cared she'd make the changes that are desperately needed. They only care about over charging elderly women for products that are made in China.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horses and be a manager. Instead of telling someone they're not doing good enough, tell them how to do it right. AND all of you need to get together to determine what is right instead of one telling it's one way while another says it's a different way.
    Pay increases are absurd.
    You clearly fire those of us who've been there and know what we're doing so the trainers continue to have something to do. You shouldn't treat your long time employees like they are new to the company and fire us for no reason. Give us the respect we have earned.
    All of you posting on how much you love it after only a year, you will be gone before long too. Do not expect this to be your career. This isn't a company that wants that out of good, honest, hard working people.

Worked for HSN? Contribute to the Community!