HSN Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Planning

Current Employee - Show Planner/Assistant Merchandise Planner in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is well respected and community leader. 24/7 environment can be exciting and different then traditional retail

Cons

Depending on the area, long hours are expected.

2. Great company, I just had bad luck.

Current Employee - Customer Service Hybrid in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, CEO is super progressive and is sending the company in the right direction. There are a lot of opportunities. Lots of excitement and events that go on. Most people are friendly

Cons

I have been there about a year and a half and I am on my 8th supervisor. I have been moved to another supervisor for every reason possible. One got fired, one got promoted, one changed their shift, another 2 were temporary, and I even got kicked out of a team because it "got too big" (it was actually my first supervisor's team that I was kicked out of) and I was somehow the odd man out. Even though I had OUTSTANDING stats for more than a year, my stats have dropped the past 3 months from a quality specialist who says my "voice" isn't up to her standards so I keep failing my qualities now and I again have a new supervisor that I feel doesn't believe in my abilities because all she just wants to do is agree with the quality person I have been stuck with.

I am honestly heartbroken. I have family that works here, and I have done everything I can to make it work. But I just keep getting shuffled around while no one knows I exist, and then one day I woke up, and someone tells me to forget all the good stats I did before because it was all wrong and I need to change if I want to stay with the company. I have never felt like such a failure at any job I had, I always exceeded at everything I ever worked for.

I never thought I would fear of my job security. The only reason I came here to write this is because I don't think anyone will ever know the experience I have had since I am completely invisible here. I am the only one I know at HSN that has been dumped through so many supervisors

even though the past 3 months have been horrible, the first year was great.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your new employees. Don't keep moving them from supervisor to supervisor and then put all the blame on them when an over zealous quality person becomes over critical of the "voice" of someone when they do and say all the right things and work hard to make the company happy

3. They make you work for it

Current Employee - Service Resolution Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Service Resolution Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Nurturing call center environment
    Room for growth
    Learning opportunities
    Flexible schedules available
    Coworkers

Cons

Opportunities for advancement are competitive and more rare than not

5. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Hybrid in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, good PTO allowance

Cons

their expectations for call handle time are ridiculous, their quality standards they expect do not allow you to maintain your expected call time because there are so many, they do not appreciate their representatives, very high stress job

Advice to Management

Increase the call handle time expectations, get rid of ridiculous quality standards that do not improve the customer experience, make hiring process fairer

6. Overworked and Underpaid

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can work from home, good benefits, lots of paid time off.

Cons

There are lots of calls, most days over 100 calls per day. Sometimes no time to breath or get a drink of water in between callers. There is an AHT associated with every call, and sometimes you have to be on hold for a supervisor, if you need assistance with a caller, this causes your AHT to increase, also if you have a long call, and it goes into your breaks or lunch time, you are penalized for this, going against your compliance time for the day.

Advice to Management

Work at home employees are largely forgotten about, they don't get perks, such as free vendor samples, food samples from cooking shows, opportunities to participate in on campus wellness programs, etc.

Also HSN needs to have more advancement opportunities for Work at Home employees. Currently the only Work at Home opportunities are Sales or Customer Service, there are several positions on campus that could be Work at Home positions.

Discrimination

I worked at HSN

Pros

Good salary and benefits for area

Cons

Age and appearance discrimination. Changing direction.

Advice to Management

Look for real input and involvement from employees - don't always look for agreement. You need to have serious live (not computer generated) classes regarding mutual respect in the workplace - this must include you top levels of senior management.

8. Nowhere to go

I worked at HSN

Pros

HSN is a great place to get experience and work with mainstream talent.

Cons

No way to move up. There are people in positions that have no plan of ever leaving and don't care about getting promoted. For those that are under them, it makes it impossible to obtain growth. Didn't receive one performance review in the 3.5 years I worked there.

9. One of a Kind

Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home shopping network is a not a typical retailer and drives business through 24hr TV programming, offering customers a wide variety of products and information. Therefore as an employee I am able to experience a different view of retailing, be involved with designers, brand launches, collaborations, work with many in-house departments, and enjoy many benefits. It is a great place to get your merchandising career started.

Cons

Work demands do not meet compensation.

10. Climbing the ladder to nowhere

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Accounts Specialist

I worked at HSN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy work, no accountability, lots of overtime

Cons

Promotions are not discussed with IT or customer service to see if they are actually possible in the system

Advice to Management

Force communication between departments

11. Great Company to work for

I have been working at HSN

Pros

Really good company to work for.
    Training is awesome and very informative.
    This job is very easy and a convenient way to make a little cash.
    Supervisors are great.
    Its fun here.

Cons

Nothing really, everything is good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed