HTC
www.htc.com Taoyuan, Taiwan 5000+ Employees

HTC Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Peter Chou

Pros:
  • "The smartphones made in this company sell to all the world, it means people all around the world will use some functions that you made"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Cutting edge technology, growth industry, good people, financially rewarding"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Must fully committed your self to the work for the heavy loading and long working hours"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Work overtime, working time is unbelievable long"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Awesome company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is open, they respect the opinion of designer, that mean your creative will not be limited.

ConsSometimes, the amount of projects is too much, and you may have to travel to Taiwan, cuz their tek departs
    are in Taiwan

Good working freedom, but the company misses the finer details

Bellevue, WA

ProsI speak specifically in regards to the Bellevue office in Washington state. The people are generally nice and relaxed. I have a lot of working freedom, meaning I'm not micro-managed, and my boss trusts that I can complete my workload. Although I'm full-time, it's not necessary for me to actually work the typical 40 hours per week if I'm able to get things done earlier. There's also a lot of leeway for me to work from home if I believe I can be more productive in that environment.

You also have easy access to others who are above and below your rank, and can give input and criticism on whatever issues you feel are important.

All employees receive the company's flagship phone every year, and get to keep it forever even if they leave the company in the future. Your personal phone bill is also 100% reimbursed.

Other perks include free snacks and beverages, and sometimes free lunches. There's also a game room and a free fitness center.

ConsMy biggest complaint about the company is the lack of quality control on the finer details. I'm one of the employees that works on the company's website, and there is just a lot of little flaws here and there that prevent it from being world class. It seems that for many people around here, good enough really is good enough. But for me, it's just frustrating when people do not care for the little details, and the same problems keep showing up. I want this place to have an Apple-level obsession with details, but I just don't see it going there anytime in the future. A persistent state of mediocrity is how I would summarize the attitude around here. Where is that extra push to make the results of our work truly great?

As far as the physical working environment, it's your standard cubicle office. Very generic and bland, but I've been able to tear down a lot of the partitions around me in order to see my team members clearly. If you're one of the higher ranking directors, you get your own office with a window. But depending on the type of person you are, you might actually see that as a disadvantage because you're more isolated from others.

Lastly, the future of the company is uncertain. Just read the numerous articles regarding the financial shape of the company. Longevity is unknown, and I don't know if we're innovating enough year to year. Who knows what will happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom time to time, I read emails or hear people state their goals for various aspects of the company. Often times I'm disappointed by how low and easily attainable those goals are. It's better to set very high goals and ultimate fall short than to set a lower goal and accomplish it.

Great products, great brand but no clear vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products, great brand. It is fast moving and dynamic.

ConsThe strategy is changing every 3 months
    Business Outlook in the next 6 months is not so good

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic designers, awesome product.

Seattle, WA

ProsThe work is very fast moving and the colleagues are great. I haven't been in this dynamic and exciting of an environment... ever. The Seattle studio is a great open environment and it supports lots of active engagement.

ConsSometimes the fast pace overlooks a more thoughtful approach, and sometimes the C-Suite is heavy handed with their feedback to the designers. It'd be great if they were able to do their job with less influence from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to do their jobs and then let their work stick.

It was intense in terms of the work time but very fulfilling

ProsLearning is good, project scale is huge

Conswork time and workload is a bit too much

Amazing Products, Unpredictable Future

Bellevue, WA

ProsHTC is a small enough company to implement decisions quickly. The employees are empowered to take ownership for their part of the business and are allowed to try new and innovative programs.

ConsQuick decisions didn't always lead to a big payoff. Through the hard times, there were usually concerns with downsizing. This fear was always looming over the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe opportunity for training and internal growth was never a priority. It would be great if there was a strategy for this in the future.

Fun company to work at

Seattle, WA

ProsWork on cool and leading edge technology. HTC is constantly looking for a way to lead in the mobile industry and is open to new ideas. The people in Seattle are all open-minded and willing to listen to ideas and feedback.

ConsMarketing is one of HTC's main pitfalls but at the same time HTC is tight on budget so it goes both ways. Although HTC is working on many interesting ideas, it needs to figure out what to really focus on and cut out the innovative but small impact projects.

Exhilarating Company.

Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent products, fast paced, customer focused business.

ConsLack of sufficient marketing support.

good company

Prospeople are kind and sweet there

Consbad location, it took me hours to get there

Lack of Management.

Many (Former Employee)

ProsFun technology
    Good benefits
    Snacks and Drinks free

ConsManagers don't invest time in their employees
    Reviews are a joke
    Politics and looks get you promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being selfish. Measure peoples performance and don't let it be subjective.

Worked for HTC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HTC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HTC CEO Peter Chou. All 114 reviews posted anonymously by HTC employees.