HTC

www.htc.com

HTC Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Peter Chou

Pros
  • The smartphones made in this company sell to all the world, it means people all around the world will use some functions that you made(in 4 reviews)

• Cutting edge technology, growth industry, good people, financially rewarding(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Must fully committed your self to the work for the heavy loading and long working hours(in 10 reviews)

• Work overtime, working time is unbelievable long(in 7 reviews)

manager

Product Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosgreat colleagues, great atmosphere in
    us operations

Consnon us operations HQ challenged

Awesome company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is open, they respect the opinion of designer, that mean your creative will not be limited.

ConsSometimes, the amount of projects is too much, and you may have to travel to Taiwan, cuz their tek departs
    are in Taiwan

Great products, great brand but no clear vision

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products, great brand. It is fast moving and dynamic.

ConsThe strategy is changing every 3 months
    Business Outlook in the next 6 months is not so good

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic designers, awesome product.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe work is very fast moving and the colleagues are great. I haven't been in this dynamic and exciting of an environment... ever. The Seattle studio is a great open environment and it supports lots of active engagement.

ConsSometimes the fast pace overlooks a more thoughtful approach, and sometimes the C-Suite is heavy handed with their feedback to the designers. It'd be great if they were able to do their job with less influence from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to do their jobs and then let their work stick.

It was intense in terms of the work time but very fulfilling

ProsLearning is good, project scale is huge

Conswork time and workload is a bit too much

Amazing Products, Unpredictable Future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsHTC is a small enough company to implement decisions quickly. The employees are empowered to take ownership for their part of the business and are allowed to try new and innovative programs.

ConsQuick decisions didn't always lead to a big payoff. Through the hard times, there were usually concerns with downsizing. This fear was always looming over the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe opportunity for training and internal growth was never a priority. It would be great if there was a strategy for this in the future.

Fun company to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsWork on cool and leading edge technology. HTC is constantly looking for a way to lead in the mobile industry and is open to new ideas. The people in Seattle are all open-minded and willing to listen to ideas and feedback.

ConsMarketing is one of HTC's main pitfalls but at the same time HTC is tight on budget so it goes both ways. Although HTC is working on many interesting ideas, it needs to figure out what to really focus on and cut out the innovative but small impact projects.

Exhilarating Company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent products, fast paced, customer focused business.

ConsLack of sufficient marketing support.

good company

Prospeople are kind and sweet there

Consbad location, it took me hours to get there

Great technology, difficult management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCutting edge technology, growth industry, good people, financially rewarding.

ConsManagement not focused on best practices in sales teams/people in US.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people in sales jobs, with strong sales leadership with sales and business training.

Worked for HTC? Contribute to the Community!