HTC
www.htc.com Taoyuan, Taiwan 5000+ Employees

HTC Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Peter Chou

Pros:
  • "The smartphones made in this company sell to all the world, it means people all around the world will use some functions that you made"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Cutting edge technology, growth industry, good people, financially rewarding"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Must fully committed your self to the work for the heavy loading and long working hours"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Work overtime, working time is unbelievable long"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic designers, awesome product.

I worked at HTC full-time for more than a year

ProsThe work is very fast moving and the colleagues are great. I haven't been in this dynamic and exciting of an environment... ever. The Seattle studio is a great open environment and it supports lots of active engagement.

ConsSometimes the fast pace overlooks a more thoughtful approach, and sometimes the C-Suite is heavy handed with their feedback to the designers. It'd be great if they were able to do their job with less influence from senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower people to do their jobs and then let their work stick.

It was intense in terms of the work time but very fulfilling

I have been working at HTC as a contractor

ProsLearning is good, project scale is huge

Conswork time and workload is a bit too much

Amazing Products, Unpredictable Future

Bellevue, WA

I worked at HTC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHTC is a small enough company to implement decisions quickly. The employees are empowered to take ownership for their part of the business and are allowed to try new and innovative programs.

ConsQuick decisions didn't always lead to a big payoff. Through the hard times, there were usually concerns with downsizing. This fear was always looming over the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe opportunity for training and internal growth was never a priority. It would be great if there was a strategy for this in the future.

Fun company to work at

I worked at HTC full-time

ProsWork on cool and leading edge technology. HTC is constantly looking for a way to lead in the mobile industry and is open to new ideas. The people in Seattle are all open-minded and willing to listen to ideas and feedback.

ConsMarketing is one of HTC's main pitfalls but at the same time HTC is tight on budget so it goes both ways. Although HTC is working on many interesting ideas, it needs to figure out what to really focus on and cut out the innovative but small impact projects.

Exhilarating Company.

I have been working at HTC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent products, fast paced, customer focused business.

ConsLack of sufficient marketing support.

good company

I have been working at HTC

Prospeople are kind and sweet there

Consbad location, it took me hours to get there

Great technology, difficult management

I worked at HTC

ProsCutting edge technology, growth industry, good people, financially rewarding.

ConsManagement not focused on best practices in sales teams/people in US.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales people in sales jobs, with strong sales leadership with sales and business training.

Lack of Management.

Many (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at HTC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFun technology
Good benefits
Snacks and Drinks free

ConsManagers don't invest time in their employees
Reviews are a joke
Politics and looks get you promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being selfish. Measure peoples performance and don't let it be subjective.

Frustrating, selfish yet humbling

I worked at HTC full-time for more than a year

ProsCool product design, nice people that are respectful. snacks in the kitchen, helpful people when they can be. In house food court at the main headquarters in Taiwan.

ConsPoor overall fundamental quality of mechanical & audio parts. Not very forward thinking for sustainability. Too much marketing hype without fundamentally knowing the actual product quality that Taiwan can deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsource. Outsource. Outsource.

A wild ride up and a rough ride down - all at the whims of emotionally-driven management

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at HTC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBeing on the cutting edge and fighting from an underdog position is rewarding and interesting. Getting targeted by patent trolls, not so much

ConsKnowing that senior management disregards most objective data and instead decides based on personal preference is hard. Seeing pet projects consume limited resources is harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide to actually invest in marketing, for a sustained campaign with consistent messaging. Customers want you to succeed and will pay more for great original products.

Worked for HTC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HTC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HTC CEO Peter Chou. All 106 reviews posted anonymously by HTC employees.