HUB International

Updated November 16, 2014
2.9

HUB International Chairman and CEO Martin P. Hughes
Martin P. Hughes

Pros
  • The work/life balance is a lot of talk and very little reality (in 5 reviews)

• worked there for 3 months, good people, trainer was patient and helpful (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance does not exist except for senior management, although there is a lot of talk about it (in 3 reviews)

• Low Pay, High stress volume of work, (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Company doesn't care.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at HUB International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I met one of my best friends working here.

Cons

Where do I begin? This was the worst company where I have ever worked. Training was minimal to nonexistent. Raises were not given ("not in the budget" is what we heard every year), people were under paid for how much work we were given. When I was "promoted" I was told a salary amount, however, my paychecks were lower than anticipated. When I questioned the amount of my new salary, I was told that it included an approximate amount for potential bonus....so, basically my salary was hypothetical, not actual. Also, they fired people in groups of 2 or more throughout the years I was there due to "restructuring". The company is a joke. To this day when I hear about someone getting hired at Hub I feel sorry for them. Thank God I was able to get out of there after 5 or 6 years, and I actually got a real job that compensates fairly and cares about its employees.

Get real.