HUMAN Healthy Vending Reviews

Reset
5.0
Sean Kelly

1. recruiter

Pros

If you want to learn business by the best then this is the place to be. Great culture, amazing partners and a product you can really get behind. Sean Kelly is doing an amazing job.

Cons

There are no cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!!

2. Sales Manager

Pros

Excellent management team that helps with any minor issues internally and technical. Growing at a rapid speed and want you to be a part of it

Cons

None that I can think of

3. HUMAN Takes Professional Growth to a New Level

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HUMAN stretched my professional potential. During my time here, I was able to explore different growth opportunities, including mastering goal setting, dabbling in careers that I wanted to discover (and finding what I truly want to do) and pushing my leadership capabilities to heights I'd previously unknown. My ideas and opinions truly mattered and were heard by leadership. I was encouraged to take ownership and initiative and to implement my ideas, and I understood that it was ok if I occassionally failed as long as I was "failing forward" and learning from that mistake. The culture at HUMAN and the group of people you'll work with here are unmatched. I've never truly felt like I was working with some of my best friends, but I did at HUMAN. Not only did HUMAN jump-start my professional career and shape the professional I am today, but the personal relationships I developed at HUMAN will stay with me forever. Overall, great opportunities, great people!

Cons

It's not a con, but it's worth noting. HUMAN is a start-up culture and environment. If you don't thrive in a fast-paced workplace that truly holds people accountable and expects you to grow (sometimes beyond what you thought were your limits), it may not be the place for you.

HUMAN Is Where You Go to Find What You're Made Of

Former Employee - Director, Communications in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Communications in Culver City, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will quickly find out what you're made of and what you're capable here. You will be empowered to take ownership of your work, to be held accountable and to do things that might even at times seem impossible. While I had worked at several companies prior to HUMAN, it wasn't until HUMAN that I came truly alive as a professional and developed a skill set that has now made me incredibly marketable to any industry and any-sized company. If you want to learn, thrive and be pushed outside of your comfort zone (while feeling safe and encouraged), HUMAN is the place for you. HUMAN's leadership is made up of rare gems of people who "get it." They know that "failure" is an inevitable byproduct of progress and encourage all staff to "fail forward." What a concept! One of the beauties of working at HUMAN is the opportunity to create. At some companies, innovation is stifled or muddled by bureaucracy or red tape. At HUMAN, every single employee can point to something they've created, whether it was a system, a piece of marketing collateral, an event, etc. Everyone becomes an artist in a way in that they're given freedom to create, have an impact, and, ultimately, to leave a legacy. Because of this culture of innovation and growth, you will surprise yourself by how much you grow as a professional and a person. To speak personally, I went from a bit green in my PR and communications skill set to a subject-matter expert--writing articles on the topic, being invited to speak at panels regarding my expertise and being hired to consult on these topics. And, this was in the span of just three years! You will be hard-pressed to find a place like this, where you will grow so much, so soon. You will also be rewarded for your growth here! While some companies only give increases based on tenure, HUMAN rewards it employees for their merit. For example, in my 3-year tenure, my salary increased by 40%! In sum, HUMAN is a place where you can test the limits, have a voice (and be heard!), and feel like you're truly a part of something that is changing the world.

Cons

No cons, but it's worth pointing out that some people will just not be a good fit for HUMAN (and conversely, HUMAN may not be a good fit for some people). HUMAN has a startup culture, which means you have to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy being held to high standards and want to continually improve. If you just want to clock in and clock out and "get a paycheck," HUMAN is not the place for you.

Career Defining Experience!

Current Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Culver City, CA
    Current Contractor - Marketing Consultant in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I started working for HUMAN more than 2 years ago as a marketing consultant. I was initially intrigued by the opportunity given their incredible culture, brand and the rate at which they were growing. I found myself yearning for the opportunity to be a part of the HUMAN team. Over the last 2 years I have worn many "hats" and have been a vital piece in HUMAN's incredible growth. I've loved the added responsibility I've been given and am fortunate to have seen and participated in as much as I have thus far. In retrospect, this been an incredible experience and one that has helped define me as a person, my skill sets and career.

Cons

As with any start-up, there is an expectation to perform an 60 hour work week in 40 hours. This naturally equates to long working days and weeks which ultimately feels, ironically enough, incredibly rewarding and fulfilling. There's a significant amount of accountability too, but I tend to find that inspiring as it pushes me to perform even better.

Former Employee - Marketing Department - Creative Personnel in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Department - Creative Personnel in Culver City, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To say working at HUMAN Healthy Vending has been an incredible journey would be an understatement. What makes it such an awesome place to work are the people. The people here are all seriously high achievers - not just punch-in punch-out 9-5 types - so if you prefer an office environment where you can simply coast by doing an adequate job, this is not the place for you. If, like myself, Sean, Andy and the rest of the crew, you are motivated to do more with your life than just live it, and to do more in your role than simply fulfill it, you might be a good fit. If you are an innovator, if you have laser like focus every waking moment and when you dream you dream about the future and not just your next paycheck - if you simply crave and devour challenges every day as they do at HUMAN, and last but not least, if you have an actual desire to help advance a social change for the betterment of our overall health as a nation, this might be the place for you. There are ten thousand reasons this company has been featured in Forbes on multiple occasions, but the #1 for their success is the caliber of people they are able to recruit. They ask the right questions and have a very thorough interview process, so they will find out who you really are and if you're the sort of person they are looking for. If they do decide to go with you, will find yourself in a work environment that fosters a strong entrepreneurial spirit and where your direct managers are as committed to your own success are you are. This place has the ability to take people with leadership potential and turn them into true leaders. A lot is expected out of you, but when you deliver the results they want, you are given borderline-excessive appreciation. Being a high performer can also lead to more flexibility in PTO and flextime. So when you're looking into working at HUMAN, the big question is, what caliber person are you?

Cons

No place to buy food in immediate walking distance, so good thing HUMAN has snacks for sale on the premises!

Advice to Management

Management knows what they're doing at HUMAN - ah, refreshing.

I learned more working at HUMAN than I did in college and high school combined!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the culture that has been created at HUMAN is tremendous. Positivity is everywhere, and there is a culture of collective learning. It's a fun place to work, and if you are the right fit at the company after a couple of months most of your best friends will be from work. HUMAN is a meritocracy, and if you put in good work you will be rewarded and have the ability to define your track within the company. As they grow there are lots of opportunities to progress within the company, and decisions for promotions are definitely based more on merit than on tenure. The senior management team is innovative, intelligent, and fun to be around. The corporate structure is pretty flat and you will feel comfortable working and speaking with everyone, regardless of their position. You will work hard, but will be rewarded with awesome company parties and retreats. Overall fantastic experience!

Cons

Since the company is pretty young, as it has grown there is less of a defined mentor ship track. If you are someone who is strong-willed and capable of figuring things out on your own, you will do very well. If you are looking for a standard 9-5 job where you are a cog in the wheel and are looking for consistent promotions, this is probably not the job for you. Also, one of it's strengths is probably a weakness for some people. If working hard, playing hard, being active and healthy is not for you, then this job might not be for you. At the time when I left there were no benefits.

Advice to Management

As you grow, keep the culture together, focus even more on giving your employees the training they need to be successful in their roles, and keep it up!

9. Working at HUMAN is like being PAID to LEARN Entrepreneurship!

Current Employee - Marketing Queen in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Queen in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the time I read the job listing posted by HUMAN I knew it would be a super-beneficial learning environment and truly a special place to work. Not only are the founders now what I would consider mentors, but I can honestly say that I thoughtfully enjoy spending my days with every single employee at HUMAN. HUMAN only hires extremely motivated individuals for a reason. Being able to work with like-minded people in an innovative and positive-thinking environment is truly a phenomenal experience. But most of all, I love that every single day I wake up excited to come to work! It's now been a year of employment and I am more motivated than ever. I learn something new & improve every single day. To me that's what REALLY counts, personal development.

Cons

As a rapidly changing company there are unavoidable bumps in the road that ANY company with the same success will experience. I don't have any complaints, I feel HUMAN does a good job of being transparent and letting you know of any changes prior to them happening. Be prepared for constant change, I personally like change!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

10. Not for the faint of heart - but the juice is worth the squeeze

Current Employee - Easy Nutrition Specialist in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Easy Nutrition Specialist in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HUMAN employs a company culture that lets you be whoever you want to be, and really make the most of your individual talents. With an open mindset, humble heart, and tenacious work ethic, you can make your experience at HUMAN whatever you want to be. Truly. People probably say that all the time about their employers, but this is the right mixture of 'ground floor' entrepreneurship and a management team that seeks to develop talent to achieve company results.

Cons

The Pros above are the same reasons this company is a Con for some. This job isn't cushy, isn't a cake walk, and isn't for the passive-minded. There is a relentless pursuit of development (both at the individual level and organizational level), and that's not what everyone is looking for. That's totally ok! Just not what you're going to find at HUMAN.

Advice to Management

The company is going to grow, and grow quickly. If the essence of the HUMAN spirit begins to dilute with the growing employee roster, you'll lose what's gotten the company to where it is today.

Innovative company with top notch business & life training. Your voice matters here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work with a team of intelligent, motivated, positive, youthful individuals -Incredible amount of attention paid on your professional and personal development - group "sensei session" every monday to study, discuss and improve -Feel good about the positive change we are making across the country -"Fail forward" mentality, focus on goal setting, tracking and achievement

Cons

-Prepare to be challenged to become better! -You are not going to be a small cog in a massive company, or hide in a cubical & be lazy. Every team member is asked to contribute to positive growth for the company. The most successful employees improve our systems and innovate new techniques for company growth & sales.

Advice to Management

I've really enjoyed the attention to personal development and goal setting. The sincere care that upper management has for each employee's success in work and in life is inspiring.

RSS Feed </> Embed