HUMANeX Ventures Reviews

Reset
3.7
Brad Black

Analyst, Training & Product Development Specialist

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at HUMANeX Ventures... I am beyond grateful to work for an organization that values our growth and development as individuals. We truly practice what we preach in building a culture where we are engaged and inspired by what we do and who we get to do it with. One of the aspects I value is the variety of work we get to do - no one day is ever the same which I absolutely love. We are very team oriented and get to partner with each other very often which makes for strong relationships in the office. Another pro is knowing the work we do matters and we take time to celebrate the small successes whether it’s working with a school district or student-athlete.

Cons

Having a tolerance for ambiguous situations is definitely a must at HUMANeX. We are lucky to get to take on a variety of responsibilities and a ‘con’ could potentially be knowing what to say yes and no to. It is important to always keep in mind the bigger picture and align your passions and interests with what you are working on.

Advice to Management

Our culture is phenomenal and we LOVE the people we get to work with every day – it truly makes it feel like a HUMANeX family. It would be helpful to hear more about the future plans and what the dreams and visions are for 5, 10 15+ years down the road.

Lots of opportunity for those who can embrace the culture

Current Employee - Analyst, Training, & Product Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Analyst, Training, & Product Development Specialist

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HUMANeX as an organization has countless opportunities to change the way companies, schools, and sports teams maximize their potential. We are creating an industry that frankly doesn't exist. Other organizations do similar work, but when it comes to the all-encompassing approach we take to selection, development, and culture building, there's no one who does what we do. Those who join our organization are empowered to shape the direction of the company, its long-term success, and their own personal success, growth, impact, etc.

Cons

This potential is certainly not without its drawbacks. The company is experiencing growing pains every day, but I have no doubt that those who stick it out will soon enjoy the fruits of our labor. Day to day work can often be ambiguous and priorities can be scattered, but there's a lot to do and we all have to be responsible for even the smallest of details. Don't expect to specialize in one area as you'll be asked to be a "jack of all trades," which can sometimes be frustrating on a day-to-day basis, but again, the long-term benefits are endless even though hard to see at times. If you're willing to try something new, risk joining an organization that is far from traditional, challenges you to shape the future and the way we do business, and sacrifices short-term pleasures for long-term gains, I would highly recommended HUMANeX, but understand it's certainly not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Our culture is fantastic. We have incredible relationships within the office and even with those we don't see on a daily basis. We appreciate the focus on effort versus numbers and purpose versus pure results, but sometimes more open communication would be appreciated in terms of financials, why decisions were made, etc. That kind of transparency would take our culture to the next level.

3. Great Visionary Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HUMANeX has a positively non-traditional mindset on many topics - anything from providing interns valuable experience to team building and recognition, it's made for a great place to work. They recognize the importance and encourage finding a good work/life balance as well as finding wellness in all six dimensions of the word. The company invests a lot into the personal and professional development of each employee - which is something I've never experienced in a workplace before. The CEO makes one-on-one sit downs a priority in his schedule to make sure everyone is feeling valued and they're role is the best fit for them. The work environment is filled with passionate, hard-working professionals that work together for collaboration on a number of different internal and external teams.

Cons

This company would not be a great fit for someone who needs constant direction. There are a ton of opportunities to grow in this company and it may be on you to go out there and get it, rather than waiting for someone to do it/tell you to do it. Additionally, as our products, services and client partners continue to grow and develop, it will remain an ever-changing workload. Flexibility (to an extent) is necessary to maintain a good work environment. As stated above, there's a lot of collaboration among team members so it may not be a great fit if you do not like you can be a key contributor/leader on teams of various sorts.

Advice to Management

Promote your desire for constant innovation with the young work-force. You encourage innovation within the organization but it's a great thing to promote when speaking to a younger generation of potential team members. Don't be shy about sharing successes more openly! The organization should be proud of all of their accomplishments over the last few years including: 100+% growth month with Education, Business and our Sports Division all contributing to this, being the only organization out of known competitors in the industry to never lay of a team member - even through a tough recession.

Awesome team of top talent with a culture built for the long term

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With elite talent of over 50 professionals, hundreds of client partners (that span education, business, sports, etc.), and the high commitment to quality, impact, growth, and strong teams at all levels and in all locations, it's a culture of independence, high expectations, and new opportunities for those highly motivated, team oriented, and focused on the long term.

Cons

As with any growth organization, the fit is important to consider as it's very team oriented, and you need to be ready for taking initiative, as the leadership provides great latitude for your priorities, needs, path and speed for growth. If you need constant direction, high structure, and struggle to work well on teams, it would not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your commitment to the long term, including the commitment as the only organization in our industry to:
     not lay people off when growth and tough economies are challenging,
    invest so much in everyone's growth
    treat everyone as a true professional
    allow so much involvement from our teams in building our culture for the long term

6. Provides opportunities, but you are expected to challenge yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and address issues then you will excel. I started at HUMANeX as an intern and have continuously been presented with new challenges and stretch goals and have now been full time for multiple years. If you're looking for a job to get exposure to different avenues then this is a great place to work, but what many people miss is that you are responsible for determining your own growth plan. You will have support from your coaches and leadership in developing your role, but you can't just sit back and expect for your ideal role to be set up for you if you don't speak up and indicate what you want to be doing. It is your own responsibility to keep your plate full and manage your tasks and time. If you are unable to manage your workload then it is your responsibility to say something and work with your coaches to find the right balance.

My favorite things about HUMANeX is having a fun group of people to work with and that you can take ownership of your role. If you're the kind of person that enjoys working hard with people you enjoy then this is the right place for you. Step up to the plate and look to make a change. If you truly strive to be 1% better every day then you will excel, but if you expect to coast through your work week then this will not be the right fit. And finally, the best part about my role is the manager/coaches that I have been provided, they are individuals that I trust and that I can have a candid conversation with.

Cons

The biggest challenge I face is managing priorities since we do have a lot of different initiatives going on at the same time, but this is a challenge faced in many small companies provided with numerous opportunities. I find the best approach is seeking clarity on tasks and ensuring that clear expectations are established before work is performed to minimize rework or frustrations. But again, these are my own responsibilities to seek more information rather than something I can blame on others if I don't fully understand a task presented to me.

Advice to Management

My only recommendations would be to ensure that team members have a clear understanding of expectations and resources. Everyone in the organization should know that if they have frustrations in their role that they need to bring up their concerns in order for them to be addressed. Maybe it's something that can addressed in a more frequent basis about what to do if they feel they don't have a clear understanding of their role or don't have as strong of support from their coaches.

The CEO is an ego-maniac. The micro managing from the top down is not easy to handle.

I worked at HUMANeX Ventures full-time

Pros

Some of the teams that you get to work on are outstanding because of the leadership. The education division is the lifeblood of the organization and where the company can make a difference in the world.

Cons

There is no consideration of families and work-life balance. The organization has a mission statement and core values which they display proudly but do not live by themselves. There are too many meetings and not enough being accomplished.

Advice to Management

Make sure to give your employees time to spend with their families. The work-life balance expectations are unrealistic.

Good people, good learning experience, but definitely not for the long term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people who work there are truly talented and wonderful people. That is one thing HUMANeX does really well, hires great people. The only problem is they don't provide enough (pay, career opportunities, growth and development) to make people want to stay there.

Another plus is if you are early on in your career and unsure about what you want to do with your professional life you will get experience in a lot of different areas which will help you to understand what you really want to do. However, once you figure out what your passion is, you will never be able to solely focus on that one thing at HUMANeX.

Cons

The CEO wants to approve essentially everything the company does, which makes things move really slow. At times it can take up to 6 months (and counting) to get something approved. They encourage innovation and 'next-level' thinking but then once we do that, it has to be approved and changed into what the CEO wants it to be. It sends the message that the CEO doesn't trust the employees to do the right thing--why hire talented people if you won't let them do their own work!

You can't specialize in one, two or even three different roles. There will be multiple initiatives that everyone in the organization will have to do, no matter what your focuses are.

The company likes certain people and does not like others. And I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason on why they like certain people. If you are not liked, you won't get assigned projects so that you will leave the company yourself. Managers won't really align expectations for you to be 'more liked' and I've heard some say that it's not our culture to align those expectations, you just either fit in or you don't.....what??!

Advice to Management

TRUST YOUR EMPLOYEES. You spend a lot of time on the hiring process for a reason. It seems simple to me, hire talented people, trust them to do great work. Don't diminish their effectiveness by taking months to approve something they are working on.

Hire people for one position. Stop trying to make everyone do everything. If the company really wants to be international we are going to need to start specializing and having departments that can focus on certain key functions of the business. To truly provide great service to our client partners this NEEDS to happen. Right now it is just a team of people working on things that we have no idea how to do the right way. We need to hire experts in marketing, sales, etc. in order to be effective. And not to mention, if you hire a salesperson to do sales they will be happy because they will be doing what they love to do. Instead, we have many unhappy people doing sales because they have to.

Pay your employees what they are worth. Recognition for a job well done is not the same as rewarding someone for a job well done. Not paying well but then thanking everyone for how much 'impact' they have makes people bitter. Also, full time employees work A LOT of hours. Much more than 40 hours a week. They need to be paid more to support all of the work they do. It's just not right.

Embarrassing

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time

Pros

Most times about half of us are interns. HUMANeX can be a nice starting point if you’re inexperienced and need an internship as a launching pad into another organization. Overall most of the people are caring, quality people.

Cons

Falling outside the definition of what “fit” means at HUMANeX will probably mean you’ll fail. Fit at HUMANeX means compliance to the HUMANeX way and doing everything as the CEO orders. It’s hard to be an individual here. Some long-term leaders are really shallow and self-centered. If you join be cautious because several manager/coaches epitomize a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The CEO is also really out of touch with how we feel.

Advice to Management

Leadership should stop contributing exaggerated submissions on this site. The submissions are really obvious and embarrassing. One would think if we were truly living “next-level growth opportunities” there would be rebuttals to the negative reviews from real employees. The lack of rebuttals from actual employees means we agree with lots of what’s been said in the negative (and honest) reviews.

Achievement Driven, Rewarding and Purposeful

Current Employee - Client Lead and Analyst
    Current Employee - Client Lead and Analyst

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people
    Awesome mission
    Positive culture that is fun and values relationship building
    Great core values that are shared and lived out each day
    Caring leadership and team members
    Meaningful work centered around making a difference in the lives of client partners and the communities we serve-very altruistic
    Great client partners to work with and for
    Team mentality
    Continuous improvement and creativity
    Strong work ethic

Cons

Not cons at all in my opinion but for those that don't value the same company values it may be hard to find a good fit. I have seen it be hard for people to succeed if they aren't positive, achievement and mission driven because that is what this team is about. Additionally you have to be a team player and have a continuous improvement mindset. If you think you "deserve" a title or certain things handed to you...this will not be a good fit. People are given more growth, responsibility and challenges when they work to achieve and do so through a positive, team orientation.

Advice to Management

Continue to select highly driven, positive, team oriented and passionate people who are excited to make a difference both internally and externally. The amazing and smart people in this organization are a reflection of the great culture and leadership; always stay focused on building it by design and staying true to who we are, even if it isn't what or how "the world does."

Amazing Growth

Current Employee - Analyst & Training and Development Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working with this company thanks to a great team, challenging goals, community based client-relationships, and phenomenal growth opportunities. Since starting here 5 plus years ago, I find that there are many opportunities to participate in the growth and development of people on an individual and organizational level. This is my dream job!

Cons

With amazing growth opportunities, we tend to become very busy around here.

Advice to Management

Please consider opening new offices in Colorado and the South East soon.

RSS Feed </> Embed