HVM

Not yet rated.

Gary A. DeLapp

Great Job If You Can Live With Limitations

Lead Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsNo previous hotel experience needed
    Always looking to promote from within
    Some of the managers really do care about the lives of their employees
    Multiple rewards programs in place
    Not a difficult job to have

ConsThere is not much room for advancement
    Very few hotels have an assistant manager; most hotels have just a hotel manager.
    The is no training program in place for employees looking to be promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementA management trainee program would be a great addition to the company.

Last choice for a job. Company very very TOP HEAVY.

Hotel Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood learning grounds for beginners in the Hotel industry

ConsPurposely badly staffed. Managers get to do all the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn quick, get out fast.

okay place if u dnt have a llife

Front Desk (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Proseasy work if you a student not much to do during a shift

Consshifts with one person on duty,mamagers dnt back you up against unreasonable guests, no set sechudle

Advice to Senior Managementlighten up stp robing peter to pay paul expect the hotel to run good if you have it in good condition BACK YOUR EMPLOYEES UP PPL ARE CRAZY !!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job for student

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsMostly easy work, alot of down time, ability to browse web, guests were mostly nice, sometimes get perks from guests

Consunder-staffed and forced into working lots of days (including weekends). Guests can sometimes be a huge pain, very little training

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for advancement

Something's gotta give

Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsPros and cons vary per property. What I can say for the location I work for, may not be able to be said for another. This location has a great staff and great manager. Very family oriented and teamwork oriented. Everyone here basically looks out for each other and we all enjoy working with one another.

ConsThe company itself needs some serious restructuring. The financial downfall of the previous buyers has pretty much run the brand into the ground. I work here because I need a job, but growth potential is very limited and it is definitely not a job that I would recommend for someone needing full-time employment. The actual state of the hotels vary from location to location. You can never be certain what you're walking into. Several properties are in a state of serious disrepair and in need of renovation, and also are lacking in the amenities that guests would expect when staying at a hotel. Hopefully the new buyers (who were also previous buyers) will be able to remedy the situation with some expediency. In the meantime - the brand is suffering miserably, and the employees are as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood advice generally goes unheeded

Bad management, you are not told what's expected of you. They barely give you hours

Housekeeping (Former Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsFree weeklong stay for my family once a year. They let you have time off from work, but of course its because thy dont want to give you hrs

ConsYou will get rewarded for a guest's opinion of how clean their room is, not for the hard work you put into it.

Advice to Senior Managementi dont have advice or feedback for management, they should already know how to treat ALL the people that work there equally.

Not a bad part-time job, however I doubt I'd do full-time.

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsMy hotel manager was extremely flexible, understanding, and willing to help at all times.
    Small family-like staff.
    Most guests were easy to deal with on a daily basis

ConsThe hotel would often run out of products or resources needed to ensure guests had a pleasant stay.
    I hated the signature shop calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore staff is definitely needed at the hotel as it can be rather annoying when everyone tries to take off at the same time.

it's a job.

Guest Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsIt is comforting for me that I feel that I have job security in a time when many people are unemployed.

ConsPoor pay, yearly raise are based on performance but the highest allowable raise is less than cost of living increases.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement with employees and day to day product quality. More active participation in daily production would make things go more smoothly.

Work your but off to get no credit & lousy pay!

Guest Services Representative (Current Employee)

ProsManagers are very understanding about personal issues and are happy to work around schedules. Very nice team of people to work with. Not very strict.

ConsNot nearly enough training. You get in trouble for things your co-workers do. You will never just do the job you were hired for, you will do housekeeping and other things as well. The pay is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith all of the things you expect your employees to do- I think you should pay them quite a bit more. The current pay rate is a joke!

Worked for HVM? Contribute to the Community!