HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING Reviews

Reset
4.2
Simon Forder

1. Featured Review

19 Months in the life of a Hyde employee.

Current Employee - Site Lead/PM in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Site Lead/PM in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a seasoned Biotech consultant I've been involved in many projects. The difference between "Successful" projects and "Un-Successful" projects boils down to a few key elements. One of those elements is having the support of your Back Office Team. The Hyde Back Office Team is outstanding! From HR to Billing & Payroll Hyde's team is comprised of dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate individuals. This industry demands the best of the best and Hyde delivers! Hyde may have been around since the early 90s, however, it maintains a young and fresh culture which looks and feels like the future of our industry.

Cons

No company is perfect, and Hyde Engineering & Consulting is no exception. However, what differentiates an "OK" company from a "Great" company is it's ability to recognize it's deficiencies then implement a timely plan to correct them. Hyde Engineering & Consulting leadership has proven to me that when legitimate deficiencies are highlighted they take the appropriate steps to address them.

Advice to Management

Keep Driving the HYDE PRIDE!!

2. Lab Analyst

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time

Pros

The company culture and the desire to always be expanding make Hyde a very enjoyable company to work for. There is a work life balance and the company tries to make everyone feel like they are important.

Cons

There can be a lot of difficulties in communication because the company is largely spread out and newly expanding.

Advice to Management

Definitely listen to employees about certain difficulties and strive to make sure they know you are working towards improving them. Overall, really not much to complain about though.

Jun 1, 2015 – Manager, Global Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback! I can assure you that strengthening company-wide communication is an area that we are actively working on improving.

Needs better structure

I worked at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time

Pros

Hyde has a good work/life balance and they have great benefits as well. Coworkers are amazing to work with! They definitely hire top talent.

Cons

Very little communication with employees and it seems like management doesn't talk amongst themselves. Needs better org structure.

Advice to Management

Make sure you are consistent with your message that you give your employees and stay consistent with organizational structure/regional managers. Think things through before taking action.

Jul 17, 2015

Thank you very much for providing constructive feedback. Hyde management is always interested in feedback and is committed to making positive changes wherever possible. We are continually ... More

5. Corporate Office

I worked at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global reach, history with biopharmaceutical clients, actively growing, casual work environment.

Cons

Lacked transparency. Made promises to many employees and consultants that they knew they couldn't keep in order to close the deal. Low balled on offers, promotions and salary increases. Unethical behavior from executives.

Advice to Management

Treat professionals with respect by having transparency. Have a big picture in mind so you're not having to make promises you can't keep. You may not get the deal the first time around but you will be respected and therefore close the deal next time around. STOP UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR BY YOUR EXECUTIVE - PERIOD.

Jun 10, 2015 – Director, Human Resources

It is troublesome to see this feedback. My career with Hyde spans almost 17 years. I can truly say that, in my experience, I have encountered genuine caring and ethical behavior from my colleagues ... More

6. Engineer II

Current Employee - Engineer II
    Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours while at the site office during training. Company really values employee contribution and you're expected to work hard. It's honestly a little bit difficult not to work hard when you look around you and see how hungry and driven everyone is. At the same time, the company also really values employees' work/life balance and encourages you to take time off. The corporate culture is warm and encourages entrepreneurship and growing not just Hyde's brand, but your brand as well. ISPE membership is compensated and encouraged by the company. Networking is valued and the company understands that career paths can change. They work very actively towards placing you in a role that challenges you and will allow you to grow.

Cons

Employee interaction is something that is being developed. it is hard to encourage when engineers are at so many different sites and social interaction to develop stronger working relationships can get a little inbred. However, internal resources are working to change that and the company is trying ways to encourage more intersite employee interaction.

Advice to Management

Only advice is to keep the talent you've worked so hard to get. Currently doing a great job at hiring talent but keeping turnover low will be key.

Apr 16, 2015 – Manager, Global Recruitment

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!. I can assure you that keeping turnover low is something that we are working hard to achieve. We welcome any suggestions that you might have.

7. Consultant

Pros

Good work environment, plenty of work to go around

Cons

Need more opportunities to grow

Apr 15, 2015 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding growth opportunities at Hyde. In the consulting arena, expertise and project duration can potentially limit growth for employees from a project perspective ... More

8. Great Place to Work !

Pros

I feel it is important in my life to work in a profession and at a company that benefits society. Hyde has given me that opportunity. All the projects I have worked on support life saving work in the pharmaceutical industry. Great co-workers. I really respect and enjoy working my fellow employees. Excellent benefits - This is one of the only employers I know if that pays 100% of your health care benefits (you cover co-pays) . There is also a significant 401 K match on every dollar. Generous time off / vacation policy.

Cons

It has been said - travel. But that is the name of the game on the consulting business. While they strive to keep everybody on local projects, every now and then you have to travel .

Advice to Management

More training !

Mar 13, 2015 – Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the review!

9. Lots of work, but travel can be an issue

Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

Pros

You will be with very good pharma people in many cases. There can be a lot to learn. There is also a chance to help organizations that are in trouble get back on track, saving patients' lives and helping people stay employed at the client site.

Cons

There can be a lot of travel if you are willing to do so. It can be hard on marriages and family. There can be places where the tasks are a bit overwhelming, leading to poor client relations. You have both Hyde management and the client management to please, which can be challenging. You are often brought to location when all other choices are already tried, meaning having things not work out is pretty hard on most people.

Advice to Management

Need to have better interaction with road warriors. some of us rarely see the regional managers or corporate people that are not on our job site. Need training that we are seeing in webinars more frequently. People commonly travel on their own time to distant sites, which does not feel fair. With 5 hours of travel to get to site and 5 hours to get home, that means tens of non-income work travel each trip. It would be nice to get something for that.

Apr 10, 2015 – Regional Manager, Midwest Operations

Thank you for the honest feedback. As a long-time employee at Hyde, I’ve done my share of travel to client sites, and I agree that it can be hard on one’s personal life. As a manager, my goal is to ... More

10. Great Work-life Balance

Pros

Great with work-life balance, they are very conscious about how they treat their employees, and very easy to talk to the upper level management, and they encompass the core values very well.

Cons

It seems like leadership doesn't have a clear vision about where the company is going. Communication across departments doesn't seem to flow very easily.

Advice to Management

More open communication with employees. Policies and procedures should be communicated more effectively with employees.

Mar 13, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback and review! As we continue to grow, it is important to me that we embrace our core values and maintain work-life balance. Our families play an integral part of who we ... More

11. Excellent people, excellent work

Pros

Hyde Engineering + Consulting is a very different place than I've worked in the past. The atmosphere is collegial, and the people are intelligent and capable.

Cons

Travel is required in my role more than most, and adjusting to that has been interesting.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees, and they'll stick with you.

Mar 10, 2015 – Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the feedback! We truly believe that it is the people that make the company:) Hopefully, you've been able to work on some great projects while traveling and can use the frequent flier miles ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed