HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING Reviews

4.3
Simon Forder

1. Lab Analyst

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time

Pros

The company culture and the desire to always be expanding make Hyde a very enjoyable company to work for. There is a work life balance and the company tries to make everyone feel like they are important.

Cons

There can be a lot of difficulties in communication because the company is largely spread out and newly expanding.

Advice to Management

Definitely listen to employees about certain difficulties and strive to make sure they know you are working towards improving them. Overall, really not much to complain about though.

Jun 1, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback! I can assure you that strengthening company-wide communication is an area that we are actively working on improving.

2. Corporate Office

I worked at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global reach, history with biopharmaceutical clients, actively growing, casual work environment.

Cons

Lacked transparency. Made promises to many employees and consultants that they knew they couldn't keep in order to close the deal. Low balled on offers, promotions and salary increases. Unethical behavior from executives.

Advice to Management

Treat professionals with respect by having transparency. Have a big picture in mind so you're not having to make promises you can't keep. You may not get the deal the first time around but you will be respected and therefore close the deal next time around. STOP UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR BY YOUR EXECUTIVE - PERIOD.

Jun 10, 2015Director, Human Resources

It is troublesome to see this feedback. My career with Hyde spans almost 17 years. I can truly say that, in my experience, I have encountered genuine caring and ethical behavior from my colleagues ... More

3. Engineer II

Current Employee - Engineer II
    Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours while at the site office during training. Company really values employee contribution and you're expected to work hard. It's honestly a little bit difficult not to work hard when you look around you and see how hungry and driven everyone is. At the same time, the company also really values employees' work/life balance and encourages you to take time off. The corporate culture is warm and encourages entrepreneurship and growing not just Hyde's brand, but your brand as well. ISPE membership is compensated and encouraged by the company. Networking is valued and the company understands that career paths can change. They work very actively towards placing you in a role that challenges you and will allow you to grow.

Cons

Employee interaction is something that is being developed. it is hard to encourage when engineers are at so many different sites and social interaction to develop stronger working relationships can get a little inbred. However, internal resources are working to change that and the company is trying ways to encourage more intersite employee interaction.

Advice to Management

Only advice is to keep the talent you've worked so hard to get. Currently doing a great job at hiring talent but keeping turnover low will be key.

Apr 16, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!. I can assure you that keeping turnover low is something that we are working hard to achieve. We welcome any suggestions that you might have.

5. Consultant

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING

Pros

Good work environment, plenty of work to go around

Cons

Need more opportunities to grow

Apr 15, 2015Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding growth opportunities at Hyde. In the consulting arena, expertise and project duration can potentially limit growth for employees from a project perspective ... More

6. Great Place to Work !

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING

Pros

I feel it is important in my life to work in a profession and at a company that benefits society. Hyde has given me that opportunity. All the projects I have worked on support life saving work in the pharmaceutical industry.

Great co-workers. I really respect and enjoy working my fellow employees.
    Excellent benefits - This is one of the only employers I know if that pays 100% of your health care benefits (you cover co-pays) . There is also a significant 401 K match on every dollar. Generous time off / vacation policy.

Cons

It has been said - travel. But that is the name of the game on the consulting business. While they strive to keep everybody on local projects, every now and then you have to travel .

Advice to Management

More training !

Mar 13, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the review!

7. Lots of work, but travel can be an issue

Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING

Pros

You will be with very good pharma people in many cases. There can be a lot to learn. There is also a chance to help organizations that are in trouble get back on track, saving patients' lives and helping people stay employed at the client site.

Cons

There can be a lot of travel if you are willing to do so. It can be hard on marriages and family. There can be places where the tasks are a bit overwhelming, leading to poor client relations. You have both Hyde management and the client management to please, which can be challenging. You are often brought to location when all other choices are already tried, meaning having things not work out is pretty hard on most people.

Advice to Management

Need to have better interaction with road warriors. some of us rarely see the regional managers or corporate people that are not on our job site. Need training that we are seeing in webinars more frequently. People commonly travel on their own time to distant sites, which does not feel fair. With 5 hours of travel to get to site and 5 hours to get home, that means tens of non-income work travel each trip. It would be nice to get something for that.

Apr 10, 2015Regional Manager, Midwest Operations

Thank you for the honest feedback. As a long-time employee at Hyde, I’ve done my share of travel to client sites, and I agree that it can be hard on one’s personal life. As a manager, my goal is to ... More

8. Great Work-life Balance

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great with work-life balance, they are very conscious about how they treat their employees, and very easy to talk to the upper level management, and they encompass the core values very well.

Cons

It seems like leadership doesn't have a clear vision about where the company is going. Communication across departments doesn't seem to flow very easily.

Advice to Management

More open communication with employees.
    Policies and procedures should be communicated more effectively with employees.

Mar 13, 2015CEO

Thank you for the feedback and review! As we continue to grow, it is important to me that we embrace our core values and maintain work-life balance. Our families play an integral part of who we ... More

9. Excellent people, excellent work

Pros

Hyde Engineering + Consulting is a very different place than I've worked in the past. The atmosphere is collegial, and the people are intelligent and capable.

Cons

Travel is required in my role more than most, and adjusting to that has been interesting.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees, and they'll stick with you.

Mar 10, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the feedback! We truly believe that it is the people that make the company:) Hopefully, you've been able to work on some great projects while traveling and can use the frequent flier miles ... More

10. Why work for Hyde E+C?

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boulder, CO

Pros

You'll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the world; if you have to travel, why not get paid to do so and earn some frequent flier miles:) We also provide a great opportunity for career growth, both laterally (in terms of experience) and vertically (project lead / management). Fabulous benefit package!

Cons

Some of our Engineers need to travel outside of their region to support a project, sometimes for an extended period of time - while they may love the work that they are doing, it can be a challenge to be away from friends/family/hobbies.

Advice to Management

We are working to integrate the fun-filled company culture in Boulder into the other regions - which is a challenge given the geographies that we span.

11. Hyde E+C is a great company to work for, with outstanding people, family values, and opportunities to grow one's career.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The leadership at the company has an employee's best interests in mind. They offer competitive salaries, tremendous company-paid benefits, and harbor a work environment that is both professional and easy to work in. The opportunity to work for a number of different clients allows for fostering of multiple different skill sets and exposure to all different types of working environments.

Cons

As a consulting firm, the only real drawback is the necessity to travel, and that's only a drawback if you don't like traveling.

RSS Feed </> Embed