HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING Reviews

Simon Forder

1. Hyde as an employer

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Hyde is a highly adaptive and responsive organization that really tunes into the client's needs.
    The benefits of working at Hyde include exposure to new and exciting projects, great colleagues, competitive compensation and generous benefits.
    I also am amazed at how much access employees get to senior management.
    The company culture is refreshing and open with lots of collaborations and social events.
    I see lots of uniquely adapted work schedules that meet the client's needs and support the employee's work life balance.

Cons

I initially was surprised to find very light business infrastructure. Since I've started I've seen the roll out of many new systems including an on line employee handbook and a web based safety training program so this is clearly an area where Hyde is developing itself.
    The nature of project work often requires travel, hotels and lots of time away from home. Hyde is fair with us regarding trips home but if you're not ready for a life away from home this might be a challenge.
    There is a level of uncertainty in project work that requires a bit of faith when it comes to getting a next project. Hyde exposes us to this uncertainty, which is reasonable and appropriate but it does take some getting used to.

I've seen lots of employee comments asking for better communication. I find that I have received information as it became available. I encourage Hyde to adhere to this communication style rather than waiting until a scheduled event to announce something.
    I wish we had better access to the Hyde branded schwag ;-) Maybe some competitions or acknowledgement awards.

Mar 23, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the review! I'll see what I can do to help out on the schwag if you send me a note:)

2. Great Place to Work !

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING

Pros

I feel it is important in my life to work in a profession and at a company that benefits society. Hyde has given me that opportunity. All the projects I have worked on support life saving work in the pharmaceutical industry.

Great co-workers. I really respect and enjoy working my fellow employees.
    Excellent benefits - This is one of the only employers I know if that pays 100% of your health care benefits (you cover co-pays) . There is also a significant 401 K match on every dollar. Generous time off / vacation policy.

Cons

It has been said - travel. But that is the name of the game on the consulting business. While they strive to keep everybody on local projects, every now and then you have to travel .

More training !

Mar 13, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the review!

3. Lots of work, but travel can be an issue

Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING

Pros

You will be with very good pharma people in many cases. There can be a lot to learn. There is also a chance to help organizations that are in trouble get back on track, saving patients' lives and helping people stay employed at the client site.

Cons

There can be a lot of travel if you are willing to do so. It can be hard on marriages and family. There can be places where the tasks are a bit overwhelming, leading to poor client relations. You have both Hyde management and the client management to please, which can be challenging. You are often brought to location when all other choices are already tried, meaning having things not work out is pretty hard on most people.

Need to have better interaction with road warriors. some of us rarely see the regional managers or corporate people that are not on our job site. Need training that we are seeing in webinars more frequently. People commonly travel on their own time to distant sites, which does not feel fair. With 5 hours of travel to get to site and 5 hours to get home, that means tens of non-income work travel each trip. It would be nice to get something for that.

5. Great Work-life Balance

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great with work-life balance, they are very conscious about how they treat their employees, and very easy to talk to the upper level management, and they encompass the core values very well.

Cons

It seems like leadership doesn't have a clear vision about where the company is going. Communication across departments doesn't seem to flow very easily.

More open communication with employees.
    Policies and procedures should be communicated more effectively with employees.

Mar 13, 2015CEO

Thank you for the feedback and review! As we continue to grow, it is important to me that we embrace our core values and maintain work-life balance. Our families play an integral part of who we ... More

6. Excellent people, excellent work

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hyde Engineering + Consulting is a very different place than I've worked in the past. The atmosphere is collegial, and the people are intelligent and capable.

Cons

Travel is required in my role more than most, and adjusting to that has been interesting.

Continue to value your employees, and they'll stick with you.

Mar 10, 2015Manager, Global Recruitment

Thanks for the feedback! We truly believe that it is the people that make the company:) Hopefully, you've been able to work on some great projects while traveling and can use the frequent flier miles ... More

7. internship

Former Contractor - Chemical Engineering Intern in Boulder, CO
    Former Contractor - Chemical Engineering Intern in Boulder, CO

I worked at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nice employees and easy to talk to upper management.

Cons

I was hired on as an intern for a new contract they had received with a biopharma company. The same day I was hired, apparently the contract was thrown out. I stuck around for 2 weeks doing meaningless work. Was a very strange experience to say the least.

Jan 22, 2015Sr Technical Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback.

This was certainly an unfortunate outcome. At the time Hyde brought you in to support our project, it did appear to be an excellent opportunity for you to gain
    ... More

8. Why work for Hyde E+C?

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boulder, CO

Pros

You'll have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the world; if you have to travel, why not get paid to do so and earn some frequent flier miles:) We also provide a great opportunity for career growth, both laterally (in terms of experience) and vertically (project lead / management). Fabulous benefit package!

Cons

Some of our Engineers need to travel outside of their region to support a project, sometimes for an extended period of time - while they may love the work that they are doing, it can be a challenge to be away from friends/family/hobbies.

We are working to integrate the fun-filled company culture in Boulder into the other regions - which is a challenge given the geographies that we span.

9. Hyde E+C is a great company to work for, with outstanding people, family values, and opportunities to grow one's career.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The leadership at the company has an employee's best interests in mind. They offer competitive salaries, tremendous company-paid benefits, and harbor a work environment that is both professional and easy to work in. The opportunity to work for a number of different clients allows for fostering of multiple different skill sets and exposure to all different types of working environments.

Cons

As a consulting firm, the only real drawback is the necessity to travel, and that's only a drawback if you don't like traveling.

10. Fun, family focused company

Pros

I love the community atmosphere and the benefits. Hyde is a great place to work and really values individuals. The office is always hosting fun after work activities to promote team building. The work itself is always exciting and stimulating as well. Never a dull day at Hyde!

Cons

I feel like the upper management can be a bit disorganized. I think that poor communication is problem throughout the company. In my tenure with the company I feel that this problem has diminished but continues to be a struggle in some cases.

My advice would be to work harder at promoting from within.

11. Global Design Centre - Hyderabad

Current Employee - Executive - Design in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Executive - Design in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

Helps executives to work closely with world class Biopharma & Biotech industries to provide design and development services to the discipline effectively.

Cons

NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL..

Needs More computational infrastructure for Simulation.

HYDE ENGINEERING + CONSULTING Photos