Haas Automation

Haas Automation Reviews

Updated August 3, 2014
Updated August 3, 2014

Gene F. Haas

High volume, fast paced, multiple skilled, high stress, labor intensive positions.

Former Employee - Machine Assembler  in  Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Machine Assembler in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Haas Automation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits package, Good pay, Good compensation, Bonuses, Plenty of work, Challenging assignments, High company standards.

Cons

Tends to over-schedule production numbers to where parts required are not always available hence reflecting adversely on employees. Hours required to meet production schedules regularly negate any chance of a work/life balance.

Pay more attention to employee dedication, extra workloads and duties assumed, innovations shared, assistance to fellow employees, volunteering to 'go the extra mile' on a regular basis, superior work quality for advancement to supervisor/management positions.

There are far better companies to give years of your life to.

I worked at Haas Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

In all fairness, the CEO is generous enough with his money. But the Pro's end there.

Cons

People come in as fast as they go out. The promise of compensation, bonuses etc. is convincing enough. It won't take long to realize this place isn't what they made it out to be. Company culture lacks integrity and management is extremely unprofessional. The problem of throwing money at problems with disregard for the employees health and work/life is too great to ignore.

The problem exists at the top and the behavior goes through the chain of command. I have no advice to management, this company is beyond repair.

Great Company to work for!

I have been working at Haas Automation full-time

Pros

Open to new ideas, suggestions, and methodologies

Cons

Very stressful at times and people can quickly turn on you

Get new blood

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cutting edge technology; archaic management skills.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Haas Automation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay. The owner is generous in giving, especially when we pull through and work hard.

Cons

Lack of structure, direction, or organization. What they want, and how they want it, may be imperative for the day and insignificant the next. Or constantly receiving two contradictory orders from superiors is tantalizing and regressive. And the attitudes and belittlement. Don't speak condescendingly, or swear; its lacks integrity, intelligence, and moral.

Know what you want, and stick with it. And if you change your mind, or someone above you changes it for you, remember how we busted our butt for such a big project to be complete in a small time, before you just push it aside.

sorrowful

I worked at Haas Automation

Pros

Good servicemen. They have to be.

Cons

Weak products. Only good for Al.

shape up

Worst job I ever had.

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Ventura, CA

I worked at Haas Automation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is they give you fee lunch.

Cons

This is a very Toxic company.
     I was once told by a manager that they call it Haas-tile (Hostile). =(
     The owner who was recently in prison sets the undesirable work environment.
    My advice to you is find another place of employment. I only lasted 3 months couldn't take it any longer. There front door is a revolving door, folks come out as fast as they go in.

Get anger management training.
    HR understand your function to be there for the workers.
    Treat people with kindness and respect.

Nothing special, normal job

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Haas Automation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Monthly bonuses are nice but not always distributed because of the quality numbers.

Plenty of work to do, little down time and things are always evolving.

Cons

Management is heavily involved and doesn't give engineering employees much autonomy.

Expect to be low balled on your hourly wage. The recruiter hyped up what I would be brining home after bonuses and overtime.

You will grow your career quickly and work harder than you ever have before.

Current Employee - MIS  in  Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - MIS in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Haas Automation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hourly (not salary) for most non management positions, monthly performance bonuses. Exposure to projects and technology not seen anywhere else. Culture of hard work and good pay.

Cons

Overtime is common if not expected in most departments when the company is busy (could be a pro and con for some people). Reactive to most problems instead of proactive solutions which is slowly changing.

Communication top down suffers in almost every department. Not sure why other than having tight production schedules.

The Culture of Half Truth

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Haas Automation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Very Structured, at least on paper
    - Senior Management are very personable and down to earth, particularly Gene
    - Enforced 8 hours work day due to labor lawsuit
    - still the largest CNC machine manufacturer in North America
    - Great Service department

Cons

- Most employees are being treated like zombies and humanoids, only managers are allowed to think.
    - Senior Management surrounded themselves with too many BS artists unfit as middle and low level supervisors work.
    - Too much effort at middle and lower level with emphasis on looking good, sweeping dirt under the rug, but not doing any real good work.
    - Too much effort at middle and lower management level to do songs and dances at the high level meetings, but mostly are just hypes, smokescreens, or useless demos.
    - completely antiquated technology, but no manager knows how to move forward except BS'ing the top.
    - Many are being mistreated by the supervisors, pitted one against another like in the gladiatorial sports.
    - Too many old-timers only cared about status quo, hiding behind what they know and throwing mud at what they don't know.
    - Lots of preaching on team work and efficiency, but most mid/low level management made sure that anyone who follows the preaching would be placed first by the exit door sign.
    - Used to have great bonus (2011), but now it is just a sham.
    - Company sales grow too fast for its infra-structure to keep pace.
    - while some are satisfied with their jobs and where they are, there are just too many unhappy campers and too much frictions at work.

- Watch out for the half truth your mid and low level supervisors are telling you
    - What we ought to do, everyone knows, what is gonna happen ? nobody knows.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Service Tech  in  East Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Service Tech in East Windsor, CT

I have been working at Haas Automation

Pros

Competent, qualified staff, great corporate structure, awesome benefits package, just an all around good place to work. Employees all get along, its like working with one big family. Everyone has a job to do, and the tools to do it.

Cons

Long long hours, but its worth it. You know you are a valued employee at Haas Automation Inc. Traveling long distances.

Worked for Haas Automation? Contribute to the Community!