Habit Burger Grill

CEO

Great company

Former Employee - Cashier in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Habit Burger Grill full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have a chance to advance as much as you would like. With time you are able to become a store manager.

Cons

Schedule varies every week, no heard of benefits.

Worst company to work for

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Habit Burger Grill full-time

Pros

No pros. The only pro is that the food is great till you get tired of working eating there

Cons

No quality of life. Low pay for lots of work and very high standards, upper management always expects you to work off the clock. And I mean district managers and general managers.

None because they don't care. Supposedly they care about people but they don't

A fair experience as a waitress and cashier, greeting customers and making milkshakes.

Former Employee - Waitress/Cashier in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Waitress/Cashier in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Habit Burger Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly environment and helpful co-workers.

Cons

Very busy, a bit understaffed for the amount of customers we have coming in.

Hire more people, and do not limit it to girls.

This is a good first job, good starting pay. It's a plus if you can speak some Spanish, good for your cooks and customer

Current Employee - Cashier in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill (more than an year)

Pros

Good starting pay, friendly co-workers

Cons

Constantly having to learn new restaurant policies, sometimes being understaffed on busy days

Great untrue

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill

Pros

Emphasis team work, loyal customers. Free food for management.

Cons

Be ready to work. Long hours,but to be expected in the food biz

Perfect place to start....

Current Employee - Level Three Cashier in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Level Three Cashier in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent job to have while in high school (as a cashier), great atmosphere, positive training, over all a fun working experience....

Cons

it is difficult having more then one manager on duty at once as they both have their own agenda/way of doing things so you get caught trying to obey both of them... , can be a very stressful environment (especially in the kitchen) if you do not do well under pressure... , for the more popular locations, the cooks do not get paid for the amount that they are worth/work.

As a level three cashier who has worked for one of the more favored Habit's in the company, I believe that the management system is a little off. Most of the time there are at least two managers, sometimes three or even four on certain days and let me tell you, being a cashier on those days is not the best experience. To many different demands flying around for you to keep track of which leads to confusion which leads to affecting the quality of your service. I think it works out well if you have two managers on the weekends as that is the busiest time (One manager is exp. 1 and doesn't really pay attention to the dinning room) while the second manager is the one managing the FOtH as exp. 2. This works, however on slower days I believe it would benefit the over-all flow if on week-days, have it where you have one manager, and then have a higher level cashier be there to assist the manager. If trained properly this shouldn't cause to many problems, as well as lowering the employment cost of the day. Well thats me two cents. If I had to say anything else it would be (and I mean this in the most respectable way) that you may want to screen your management a little better, because I have worked with some manager who do not uphold the #1 and #2 rule and who really should not be there. Again, I say this in a respectable manner (this is not a rant) perhaps I just notice manager's imperfection because I have been working here so long.

Whats Grillin?

Current Employee - Lead Cook in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Cook in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* excellent training depending on your store
    * helps you grow as a professional
    * time goes by very fast
    * brilliant minds in upper level management
    * good benefits for managers
    * you are always learning new things or new ways of doing things that go beyond the restaurant.
    * you can meet with the CEO and talk with senior management

Cons

* different managers say/do different things
    * pay is low for the amount of work that is needed to be done at busier locations
    * very stressful

Work an ENTIRE day in one of the lower paid kitchen positions and see if you should raise the hourly wages because it's a lot of work and the people deserve more money.

Very fast-paced.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill

Pros

Get some items off of the menu for free, the rest are discounted.
    Regular customers become friends.
    Get a decent amount of tips.
    Get paid a little more than minimum wage: $8.50/hour.
    Room for advancement- 3 levels of cashiers: moving up a level adds 25 cents to your pay wage.

Cons

Only a 10 minute break: rushing to eat your meal, go to the bathroom, and to try to relax.
    Lack of communication: one manager will tell you to do one thing while another manager will tell you to do another.
    Never a set schedule: new schedule every week.
    Register asks so many questions about the customer's meal, they start getting annoyed and impatient.
    Part-time cashiers get 15-22 hours a week max.
    If you were to cover a shift, a shift on your next week schedule will be taken away: doesn't allow us to make as much money as possible.
    Unfair treatment of employees: if a manager doesn't like someone, they will give him/her 1 shift a week hoping they will quit.
    Strict on uniforms and appearance.
    They look at getting certain days requested off as you don't want to work as much.
    Seem to favor cashiers who speak Spanish.

The managers should treat their employees fairly, work on their communication, give each employee an equal amount of hours and should allow employees to cover as many shifts as they want without having the next week's shifts taken away to make as much money as possible.

Fun

I have been working at Habit Burger Grill

Pros

Work flies by because it is fast-paced

Cons

Have to deal with some grouchy customers.

none