Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Habitat for Humanity CEO and Director Jonathan T. M. Reckford

Jonathan T. M. Reckford

Pros
  • You're able to really make a difference in the lives of people in need (in 6 reviews)

• The work is very rewarding because you are helping people in need (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • this place is non-profit so there's really not much wrong with it (in 11 reviews)

• Low pay for the amount of work required (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

It is a great concept and is truly helping people.

ProsHelping others is always a good feeling.

ConsPay can be too low especially after you have been there awhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to compensate the staff effectively.

Good experience.

Volunteer - Accountant Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsThe employees at Habitat for Humanity in Gardena, CA are helpful in teaching me skills in accounting. This Habitat for Humanity location is not far from my home.

ConsThere are no parking lot for employees next Habitat for Humanity but there is a parking lot on the other side of the 110 freeway on 182 street. There are no food locations in walking distance.

Have been participating with the organization in various areas since 1990 and the life impact is tops on all levels.

Executive Director (Current Employee) Wheaton, IL

ProsThe people, the mission, the ability to make a difference.

ConsEverything is good, no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, God bless.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, Family, Fulfillment.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Bloomington, IN

ProsAmazing place to work. I honestly think of Habitat as my second home and my extended family.

ConsI honestly cannot think of anything bad to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are awesome!

I learned a lot at Habitat for Humanity.

Construction Manager (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsThe best thing is the vast amount of information that can be learned from the very knowledgeable crew.

ConsThe biggest con is that it isn't a paid internship, I was working at habitat for humanity and my paying job and it was very draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be that when they take an intern to have a spot for that person to work if they actually do a good job.

Great mission

ProsFantastic, hands-on mission, clear vision. Enthusiastic people, and great brand awareness among general public.

ConsRelationships are critical, as with any organization, but perhaps more so at Habitat. Developing a professional profile and internal allies are key ingredients to success here, and without them, even the smartest most motivated people will not thrive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed greater focus on operational planning to support strategic goals

It was an okay experience. The truck we picked furniture up in broke down us in

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities to interact with the community!

ConsAs volunteers sometimes they just place you anywhere and you don't get any real guidance

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more of a structured training since when it comes to training volunteers.

An excellent learning experience with a dynamic E.D.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Spring Lake Heights, NJ

ProsWages, Flexibility, Schedule, location, positive coworkers, diversity. Constructive criticism, many opportunities to learn, paid time to take courses, occasionally lunches picked up my supervisors and Executive Director herself.

ConsAll the typical limitation of a non profit sector job, such as medical coverage. They have grown fast since Sandy hit,so I'm witnessing the ebb and flow of the economical infrastructure.

Advice to Senior ManagementI talk to my upper management frequently, so they know what my concerns are!

Fulfilling

ProsGreat enviorment and working with a great team

ConsLimited growth opportunities because of small staff and organizational structure

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Good people!

Web Content Editor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood people work for Habitat for Humanity. I made some good friends there.

ConsThere's not a lot of room for growth.

Worked for Habitat for Humanity? Contribute to the Community!