Hacienda Mexican Restuarants

CEO

1. Flexible Schedule

Current Employee - Cocktail Waitress in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Cocktail Waitress in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work great with your schedule and can make easy money.

Cons

Managers play favorites and certain people get away with things while much more is expected of others.

Advice to Management

Have same rules for everyone

2. Great, nice company and environment to work for.

Former Employee - Server in Warsaw, IN
    Former Employee - Server in Warsaw, IN

I worked at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants

Pros

Personal growth, good culture, Nice place to work.

Cons

High Stress job, pushed training,

Advice to Management

None

3. Busy restaurant, chance to stay busy and make good money

Former Employee - Server, Bartender in South Bend, IN
    Former Employee - Server, Bartender in South Bend, IN

I worked at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants (More than 8 years)

Pros

All things aside I worked here for 8 years. I made life long friends working for Hacienda and made memories I will never forget. The restaurants are busy, so I made good money.

Cons

Management operates on two extremes. The managers are either amazing or awful. Corporate has no idea what really happens behind the scenes in the stores. All corporate sees is the money money money.

Advice to Management

Management needs some serious training; discrimination, harassment, conflict management, all the stuff you can get in big trouble for.

5. Absolutely horrible.

Current Employee - Server in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They help you get your liquor license and some experience so you can work at better restaurants.

Cons

I worked at the worst one in town. It was next to a motel and was very dangerous to be in the back parking lot by yourself at night. The host was robbed once during my employment, it's happened in the past. The air conditioning was broken almost all during the summer in the dining room and back servettes. The place was old and needed some major remodeling. New servers would show up for one day, see how bad the job was, and never show you again. They hired anyone who basically walked through the door and wanted to be a server. Your coworkers are rude and disrespectful. Don't expect to make much money expect on Fridays and possibly Saturday night. My average tips were $20 regardless of it being lunch or dinner.

Advice to Management

You need to stop.all the disputes between employees and actually do something about it.

6. Great community of workers and management staff.

I worked at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has fantastic and great tipping customers. The hours were flexible and the management team was understanding.

Cons

Nothing outside of the normal restaurant theme. For example, some lazy workers and some "mad at the world" workers.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Drink specials should be moved around a little bit to accommodate the specific drinking crowds you prefer. That is just my opinion though.

7. Decent company, poor comunication

Current Employee - Server in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly working environment, good atmosphere

Cons

Hostess's often times fail to notify server of a table being sat, this is especially frustrating when server is busy taking care of other customers.

Advice to Management

Improve workflow and efficiency through server, hostess, and team communication. If one server is busy, others who aren't should be more adamant to help.

8. Definitely a place to stay away from.

Former Employee - Prep Cook in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants

Pros

The schedules came out fairly early, and we were able to put in requests for days off when it came to schooling.

Cons

The management are just liars, plain and simple. They hire people and habitually fire them before raises or promotions are due. Worse yet, the management of the Kokomo restaurant are ridiculously incompetent, and don't really have a clue what their employees do. Every day was a battle between do what they tell you and end up correcting it, or do what needs to be done and risk them being upset about it. The pay is terrible, the price of health insurance for its quality is terrible, and the general hierarchy is terrible. The training process was a joke, because anything they might teach you is "the way you're supposed to do something" but you quickly learn there is a way its really done. Then, you learn not to do that when certain people are around. It's a dramatic, contentious, silly place to work.

Advice to Management

The main thing I would tell management is follow your own rules. I was fired a week before a raise was due after being told I had violated the attendance policy, but management did not follow their own handbook in giving me a written warning. I know this is because I never violated the attendance policy, but they just wanted an excuse. Management repeatedly lied to its employees, and the turnover reflects that.

9. Enjoyable

I have been working at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants

Pros

Your coworkers and the environment are definitely 2 positive factors. The money is great most of the time. The room for advancement is continuing to grow as the company continues to grow.

Cons

The management in the store level can be a little trying. Motivation for success is only put on the hourly workers. No motivation comes from above.

Advice to Management

Be aware of all your surroundings. Your attitudes affect everyone's day and when your main goal at Hacienda is to have positivity in your staff then you must make the effort to create that environment.

10. Good intentions, Bad plan

I worked at Hacienda Mexican Restuarants

Pros

The company is a local company and they truly care about the community image. The training is very structured and they do not "throw anyone to the wolves."

Cons

They have the job so structured that there is little movement for individuality. They also expect people to "pair up" on tables.

Advice to Management

I think the restaurant has good intentions but they take the structure way too seriously. They should listen to the people that are actually working the floor.

RSS Feed </> Embed