Haefele Flanagan

Updated Feb 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas P. Fee, Jr.

Mixed Review South Jersey CPA firm- Applicant beware!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Haefele Flanagan

ProsVariety of good small business clients where you get a taste of everything in tax, audit, reviews, and compilations. You touch EVERY type of tax return unlike the Big 4.

One of the least painful busy seasons for a CPA firm

Work-life balance can be beat by few CPA firms

Saturday busy season catered lunches were provided by one of the best caterers

Good location with little traffic next to Moorestown Mall

Ample, front door parking never an issue

ConsRampant nepotism/favortism in promotions, hirings, and firings. Not a meritocracy.

Brains and work ethic weighted not too high here.

While easy busy seasons, painfully slow off seasons that endless CPEs still can't cover

Double standards on CPA passage. Some are expected to pass yesterday for mere survival. Others given decades and STILL climb the ladder anyway.

Can get gigged by HR for trivial non-work related nonsense. Some very petty, hypersensitive people work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet billable work to staff, don't whorde it, as you said in your policy. Hire what you need. Don't bring on people to fire them later.

Certified Plastered Assinine- The HFCO partners

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Haefele Flanagan

ProsGot to learn many aspects of small businesses

ConsWhat you can do as partner or as pet:

Be obnoxious
Talk to clients and catering staff like crap
Be fat and drunk

As staff you have to be:
Lilly white
Preppy
Out of a Hollister catalog
Then you can have 10+ years to pass the CPA exam

Otherwise if you're a minority or not the perfect species white you are on a short leach my friend! If you somehow get in you better pass the CPA quickly or else you're looking for another job.

On the bright side I gotta say sex discrimination is minimal. Just wish they'd reign in some of them catty backstabbing women!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep digging your own graves!

My REAL anonymous review, not the brown nosing one!

Accountant (Current Employee)
Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Haefele Flanagan

ProsGood work/life balance. Not killer on the hours compared to other CPA firms and a very laid back atmosphere. The exchange of information is generally pretty good here as well and superiors don't get too fussy about minor mistakes so long as you learn for them.

ConsBase salary is horrendous plus they like to deflate the value of certain prior experiences. CPA is a MUST to advance. They wouldn't mind holding certain people back a decade in promoting someone to Senior. Other firms aren't so bad with this. I also find a sense of cliquiness with certain groups of people yet others are relegated to Outer Mongolia. Some people are overly sensitive and can turn around and be pretty nasty about it at times yet because they were "part of the loop", their opinion mattered more than mine. You're 1000X more likely to get gigged for a trivial personality issue over a technical/competence issue

Advice to Senior ManagementWith some partners, I would say communications can be sorely lacking at times.

Worked for Haefele Flanagan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Haefele Flanagan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Haefele Flanagan CEO Thomas P. Fee, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Haefele Flanagan employees.