Hagerty Insurance

www.hagerty.com

Hagerty Insurance Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014
Hagerty Insurance – Traverse City – “Hagerty Building”

McKeel Hagerty

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsGreat place to work! Opportunity for advancement, paid volunteer time, fun environment

ConsThe only negative thing I have to say about this company is the pay or lack thereof.

Great company with tremendous growth

Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsBenefits are definitely very good, they constantly train you, keep you up to date on trends, they are constantly striving to create leaders. All employees are outgoing and always willing to help out when needed.

ConsEverybody else is looking for the same promotions as you, so its very competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and growth.

Great company to work for!

ProsGreat Benefits and plenty of room for advancement. They even pay for training or testing. Quarterly book club with business books paid for by the company!

ConsThe employee experience within the company seems to be very largely based on the manager they work for. Most are great but I've heard others are harder to get along with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great people to work with

Prosstrong positive company values, great location

Consthe pay is not competitive with other firms of similar size

Advice to Senior Managementbe more visible to company

Great Company, Care about Employees, Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsLove this place. They are great to work for and treat employees well. It's not just great facilities, cafe, gym and all that. We are given responsibility and empowered to get the work done. It's refreshing to come to work every day at Hagerty and everyone I know says the same thing about their job.

CEO is great.

ConsNo place is perfect, I will let you know when I find the flaw. I think at times communications could be better, but it's the best I have ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, nice work, thank you.

I have never felt more appreciated by a company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsBenefits, hard work is always recognized, feel appreciated, they screen applicants well thus co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with, they promote from within before looking outside the company

ConsPay is average but the benefits definitely outweigh this

They treat employees well

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsRealistic work load and no fear of reprimand if you make a mistake or miss a deadline, within reason. You are given a great deal of autonomy.

ConsThere is no established process for disseminating information about issues that may effect your work. Sometimes leadership has too loose of their teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Give staff better overall direction.

Very positive and have learned a great deal since I have started

Regional Account Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat company culture, benefits and business experience. They take care of their employees and go out of their way to help you succeed in your position.

Consthe opportunity for advancement in the company

Great for the area

A Specialist (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsFun Culture
    Young
    Great CEO, CIO
    excellent use of technology
    nice location
    friendly people
    There are some neat small perks, but they're small

Conslow compensation
    stingy holidays, personal time, 401k
    insular culture
    not a good place for specialists
    tolerance for mediocre managers
    getting large enough to have tremendous bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve more people in the decision making. It's the same old faces often making decisions. Fix the parking issue. Pay attention to low level employees, instead of constantly focusing on managers.

Solid growing company that appreciates its employees.

Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) Traverse City, MI

ProsHagerty offers a positive work environment and opportunity for advancement. Management has a can-do attitude and is open to new ideas and suggestions. Employees are encouraged to improve as they areas for inititive. there is fairly good communication as fas as the direction of the company and how job performance is rated and reviewed.

ConsThe job is a good dependable job compared to the area. However, when the pay package is compared to other areas of the country it is below average. The only other downside is that the busy season is in the Summer which is the most beautiful time to enjoy Northern Michigan but that's just how it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the expansion of the company, don't forget who we are and how we started.

Worked for Hagerty Insurance? Contribute to the Community!