Hahnemann University Hospital

Reset
2.5
Hahnemann University Hospital CEO Michael Halter
Michael Halter

1. Best Decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Transplant Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Transplant Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, wonderful people. Excellent tuition reimbursement. They encourage you to grow as a professional, whether by attributing certifications of going back to school.

Cons

Health insurance plan is just "okay", but not the worst.

2. MT

I have been working at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time

Pros

Location is good. New machines to use.

Cons

Management is not good.

hahnemann Hospital should be called Horrible Hospital

I worked at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location. Easy to get home no matter where you live.

Cons

Horrible nurses. I had a nurse who did not place the patients fluid line in correctly. The contents were falling on the floor. So I got up and placed the line in myself. I had another patient who soiled themselves. My patient sat in their fecal matter (it would have been 2 hours) I got up ans cleaned and changed my patient. Lastly, I had a doctor use the bathroom and she did not wash her hands! DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn to train your staff stop going by favoritism and put in work at your hospital!

Toxic environment, low morale

I have been working at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Central location. Great coworkers bc we all hv to stick together. Will hire new grads bc no one else will work there.

Cons

Hours are cut often. Full time employment becomes p/t fast. Management is useless and does not care about their staff. Money is their only bottom line.

Advice to Management

Train your directors and managers bc all they care about is how to make themselves look good. The amount of money you lose to train new staff only to have them quit in a year or less must not make for good business sense. Yet management does nothing to try to retain staff nor treat them well.

Registered Nurse

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Hahnemann University Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Hahnemann are your co-workers. The residents are great too, but they aren't there for long of course. Great location for after work fun.

Cons

Everything is about the BOTTOM LINE here. $$$. The hospital is old and dirty. Management is like a dark cloud that follows you around. They cut hours often. The pay is low and the benefits are TERRIBLE. The morale on the floor is depressing. Egos reign supreme. There is a "Do-As-I-Say" mentality but it is supposed to be a Magnet hospital.

Advice to Management

Listen and trust your staff. If everyone has a problem with the same person in management it must be that person. Show your staff that you care instead of pointing fingers every chance you get. Explain things to your staff and involve them in major changes. This is a Magnet hospital...treat your nurses like it is a Magnet hospital.

7. Very good learning environment

Former Employee - Administrative Associate in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Associate in Phila, PA

I worked at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Atmosphere of sharing knowledge, caring about the good of the hospital.

Cons

Late shift can be concerning, regarding location when taking public transit

Advice to Management

Encourage sharing of knowledge among employees, it works!

Prospective Employees Beware and Proceed with Extreme Caution and Research

I worked at Hahnemann University Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Central Location, Flexible Work Schedules, Nice Cafeteria

Cons

Toxic Work Environment, Archaic Practices, Extremely Low Morale

Advice to Management

They have to do better and fast. Past and Present practices are unacceptable for an organization of this size.

9. Nurses on the floors really work together as a team and are extremely helpful

Pros

Friendly staff members, good hours, self scheduling, available shifts.

Cons

Heavy work load without staff aids that sometimes leads to patient satisfaction scores dropping.

All RN Model worst decision ever. No support. Miserable

I have been working at Hahnemann University Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

Great nurses to work with. Great teamwork between nurses and most doctors. Hires new nurses

Cons

No nursing aids is by far the worst part about this place. There is no help. Patients ring their call bell and will be waiting for a long while just to use the bathroom because the nurse is too busy with all of the other nursing tasks like giving meds, drawing blood, putting in IVs, assessing patients. Patients wind up peeing themselves by the time the nurses can help. Nurses break their backs trying to turn patients without help because there is none!! No support at all from management. Cheap cheap cheap!! Downgrade all of the supplies to whatever is cheapest. Unsafe working conditions. Do not follow policies/procedures, especially when it comes to patient ratio. ICU nurses get tripled often. Not allowed to drink water on the unit. Too busy to take breaks to even get a sip of water. It is inhumane.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the All RN Model. Nursing assistants have been around forever for a reason!!!!! You need them!!! Need more pool nurses so can call nurses in when patients come so nurse:patient ratios are not unsafe!! Stop being so cheap. Invest in your staff and supplies so patient outcomes are better. And management, listen to your staff. There is a reason nurse turnover is so high here!! They are unhappy!! Fix the cause, and they will save a lot more of their precious money! And just for the sake of it, put some gloves on. Hell will freeze over before anyone in management will put on a pair of gloves and even help you to just turn a patient.

11. Great hospital to work for!

Pros

Convienent location and lots of career opportunities. Great staff members and senior management is very fair.

Cons

The only con I have is having to accrue your PTO time. Other than that there's not many complaints.

RSS Feed </> Embed