Hain Celestial

Add Photos

Hain Celestial Chairman, President, and CEO Irwin D. Simon

Irwin D. Simon

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great part-time job for a student

Guest Relations Associate (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsFairly flexible hours and scheduling around your needs
    Paid holidays
    Great staff

ConsNot much room for advancement from entry level
    Growing corporate mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has had a great history of promoting from within. Don't forget how you built employee loyalty.

Temp-to hire Consumer Relations

Consumer Relations Representative (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsGreat People. Hain-Celestial is the leader in the natural and organic food industry. Great company to work for, lots to learn and know.

ConsThis company is a great one to work for but very hard to get on permanently as a temp. Most employees are hired for 9 months out of the year, laid off for three and hired back again perpetually, but those are production workers. As a Customer Service Rep., I was informed that if I was there for a year they would either have to hire me or let me go. During my 11 and a half months at this job, 4 other temps had come and gone before they had been there 6 months. I was the only one left and hopeful. But, I was let go for no reason 2 days before my birthday. :-(

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is the most sustainable solution?

Long hours spent meeting short dead lines.

QA (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsForced to think creatively to save time. Learn a lot in short period of time. Learn to multi-task at lightening speeds.

ConsLong hours spent meeting short dead lines for much less than comparable wages else where. 401 K fund choices an employer contributions below average.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you include a question in an appraisal self assessment make sure that you discuss the employee's response during his/her review.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy lower-level employee...

Sales/barista (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsGreat management; wonderful colleagues. I worked at the university coffee shop and probably also would have given tours at the tea factory if I had stayed longer in Boulder, Colorado. I really liked my manager and the manager's assistant, and I worked at various locations, and liked everyone I worked with. I felt that the compensation was fair and could have envisioned moving into management positions, and perhaps out of the cafe entirely, eventually. I got great customer service experience, and I was allowed to work on my own a lot of the time, which I appreciated. I never felt micromanaged.

ConsMy positions, obviously, was not a lofty one, so the customers were occasionally (make that often) very difficult - people are very particular about their coffee or tea and the way in which it is made. For the most part, the service industry is like that, though - you just have to get used to it, and I did. I occasionally (very seldom) felt that I was at the very bottom or far end of a branch of a large corporation, but the people I worked with made up for that, and what do you expect, anyway? I don't know what changes have taken place since Celestial merged with Hain...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing...

Irwin should enlist executive coach.

Director (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsThe company is growing via aquisitions. It is a fast paced shoot from the hip environment with very little thought given to the next quarter. This is a great environment for folks who enjoy fire fighting and the next big disaster to fix.

ConsClosed senior management. C level staff only concerned about cutting expenses and headcount. There is no long term view, just keep buying companies and hope for the best... Quality of products suffers, since it is the last item to receive funding and attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a new mission statement. Current: Grow the business to 1 Billion Dollars doesn't cut it. Hain Celestial is an Organic Food company that has strayed into other non organic lines of business...thus losing focus.

Worked for Hain Celestial? Contribute to the Community!