Hain Celestial Reviews

Irwin D. Simon

1. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Consumer Relations Representative in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Understanding management, can surf the net all day in between calls. Good hours and the trainers are willing to help and are great.

Cons

Lots of favoritism, after your 1 year consider yourself fired. Also don't get pregnant or say you are, as they will fire you almost instantly.

Advice to Management

Quit playing favorites and you may end up boosting morale, not having to use a temp service, and have quality and efficient employees who may want to stick around.

Don't recommend

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time

Pros

- Smart, talented people work there - They mean well in their quest to be an industry leader in the natural and organic CPG business - Work/life balance isn't that bad

Cons

- They don't invest in their employees, even the most talented ones - Incredibly (embarrassingly) late on paying out annual bonuses year after year for no credible financial reasoning - Company culture doesn't really exist, except that there's a strong focus on sales and dollars - Very little investment in the brands over time

Advice to Management

I would love to see this company start to invest in their staff and the number of talented people they employee. Also, committing to paying out bonuses on time would be a huge improvement.

Sales Representative

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great sales position. Great products.

Cons

Hain fired the entire sales team in 2015. They opted for a broker. many customers without a contact

Advice to Management

Trust in the people helped build sales

5. packaging and brewery

Former Employee - Package Handler in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Boulder, CO

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady work, great environment and teamwork was always a plus. Some supervisors we're really great. Aways asked questions, gave good complements and taught you things you didn't know how to do.

Cons

The cons about this job was the negative Co workers and professionalism. Some supervisors were also unprofessional. Some even came in drunk or high and didn't care what you we're doing or did that shift. Sometimes it was mayhem. I like a organized shift that runs smoothly.

Advice to Management

Supervisors should always act and behave professional. Lead by example, Take charge of the situation and run a shift smoothly. Supervisors shouldn't have to be supervised. My advise to management is that if you guys choose a supervisor, make sure this person Can be effective, productive, and professional. If so, i believe that there would be less accidents in the work environment, more production and teamwork with happy workers.

Bonus issues

Pros

Stable company until they're bought buy someone

Cons

Bonus payouts are typically 1 year behind

7. Barista

I have been working at Hain Celestial part-time

Pros

Fast-paced work environment; great opportunity to build customer service skills; opportunities for growth and improvement; positive work environment and atmosphere, awesome and supportive co-workers and managers/supervisors

Cons

Very much the same work every day; can become monotonous or boring over time. It's important to build customer relationships to keep work interesting and fun every day.

Advice to Management

Some employees seem to struggle to find the balance between not taking work seriously enough and taking it too seriously. Some staff should be better trained to help eliminate repeated silly mistakes and improve efficiency.

8. Excellent place to work especially for a recent college grad

Pros

Hain is a wonderful place to work for a recent college graduate and for anyone at any level looking to grow within their field and gain hands on experience. It's wonderful to work for a company where you can gain hands on experience - which is invaluable for a recent college grad - at a company that shares your passion. Good benefits, decent salary, treats employees fairly.

Cons

More flexibility with work hours and the ability to work remotely from home

Lied from the Start - First Bad Olmen

Former Employee - Database Developer/Data Analyst in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Database Developer/Data Analyst in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Hain Celestial (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn something new.

Cons

Incompetent middle management - No Management training and no people skills. Floor manager Pirates what others have done to claim as his own!

Advice to Management

The people you employee are your first best customers - Treat them bad and word gets around - It does affect sales overall.

Regulatory

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay a bit more than their competition.

Cons

They use alot of temporary employees and keep them on for five years before hiring them

Advice to Management

Better structure needed to make product life cycle more efficient.

Awesome place to work, until they stab you in the back

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, training was OK. I worked from home, so that was a great perk.

Cons

I worked for this company for a few years and would have described myself as a company man. I loved working for this company, until they decided to lay off their entire outside sales force which I was a part of. For the past 5+ years the hain direct sales force hit record sales, hit bonus goals for the past 3 years, and then they sold us down the river to a brokerage company. Days after getting laid off, Simon announced the purchase of a 25$million company based in canada. I lost my job, along with 70 other people, some of which had been here for 25+ years when the company was formed. My advice is to enjoy this job while it last, because even though you may be the best sales team in the natural channel, you can still be sold down the river to make profits look better.

Advice to Management

Trust in you employees. They are the heart and soul of your company. you must remember that you have the ability to buy $25million companies simply because your employees do such a good job. With the layoff of the Hain direct sales team and moving to a brokerage system, you have lost the people that believed in your brand the most. With that, you lost your competitive edge.

RSS Feed </> Embed