Hain Celestial Reviews

Hain Celestial Chairman, President, and CEO Irwin D. Simon
Irwin D. Simon

1. Barista

I have been working at Hain Celestial part-time

Pros

Fast-paced work environment; great opportunity to build customer service skills; opportunities for growth and improvement; positive work environment and atmosphere, awesome and supportive co-workers and managers/supervisors

Cons

Very much the same work every day; can become monotonous or boring over time. It's important to build customer relationships to keep work interesting and fun every day.

Advice to Management

Some employees seem to struggle to find the balance between not taking work seriously enough and taking it too seriously. Some staff should be better trained to help eliminate repeated silly mistakes and improve efficiency.

2. Excellent place to work especially for a recent college grad

I have been working at Hain Celestial

Pros

Hain is a wonderful place to work for a recent college graduate and for anyone at any level looking to grow within their field and gain hands on experience. It's wonderful to work for a company where you can gain hands on experience - which is invaluable for a recent college grad - at a company that shares your passion.

Good benefits, decent salary, treats employees fairly.

Cons

More flexibility with work hours and the ability to work remotely from home

3. Lied from the Start - First Bad Olmen

Former Employee - Database Developer/Data Analyst in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Database Developer/Data Analyst in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Hain Celestial (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to learn something new.

Cons

Incompetent middle management - No Management training and no people skills. Floor manager Pirates what others have done to claim as his own!

Advice to Management

The people you employee are your first best customers - Treat them bad and word gets around - It does affect sales overall.

Regulatory

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay a bit more than their competition.

Cons

They use alot of temporary employees and keep them on for five years before hiring them

Advice to Management

Better structure needed to make product life cycle more efficient.

Awesome place to work, until they stab you in the back

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at Hain Celestial

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, training was OK. I worked from home, so that was a great perk.

Cons

I worked for this company for a few years and would have described myself as a company man. I loved working for this company, until they decided to lay off their entire outside sales force which I was a part of. For the past 5+ years the hain direct sales force hit record sales, hit bonus goals for the past 3 years, and then they sold us down the river to a brokerage company. Days after getting laid off, Simon announced the purchase of a 25$million company based in canada. I lost my job, along with 70 other people, some of which had been here for 25+ years when the company was formed. My advice is to enjoy this job while it last, because even though you may be the best sales team in the natural channel, you can still be sold down the river to make profits look better.

Advice to Management

Trust in you employees. They are the heart and soul of your company. you must remember that you have the ability to buy $25million companies simply because your employees do such a good job. With the layoff of the Hain direct sales team and moving to a brokerage system, you have lost the people that believed in your brand the most. With that, you lost your competitive edge.

Underwhelming

Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Value growth for the stock holders

Cons

Irregular and seemingly arbitrary bonus payments, inconsistent messaging to employees, no learning and development programs

Advice to Management

Focus on the employees, get better at transition following M&A.

Don't work for this company

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, good product. Company is on the leading edge of natural growth. Benefits aren't bad. Some room for advancement depending on what you work on.

Cons

Company does not live up to its word. Bonuses made and told you made bonus and then they pay extremely late or not at all. Offer letters are a joke. Talk of bonus potential and stock options and they don't deliver on any. The term discretionary is used often. this despite the fact that company growth has been double digits for past couple of years. If they hedge now - what is going to happen when sales do soften. 401k match is paid yearly and again, that is discretionary.

Advice to Management

Take care of those that work for you.

Treated unfairly as a employee as an employee of BluePrint

I worked at Hain Celestial

Pros

health, dental, insurance, 401k, bonuses

Cons

office culture, company values, do not practice what they preach

Underpaid with fringe enefits

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in customer relations. Fundamentally, this meant first-line consumer contact for hundreds of products: everything from the storied tea to cosmetics. I love talking to people and have a passion for customer service, meaning this was the perfect place for me. Since most consumers love the products, about 80% of the calls were actually compliments! Happy clients are always a big plus anywhere. Discounts on those yummy products was also a plus. Discounts on those yummy products was also nice.

Cons

Given the mantra from upper-ups that customer relations was "literally the most important department after production" (evidenced by the absurd number of products we were charged with representing—I conducted many a long "consultation" with people about facial cleansers with nothing more than a company script in front of me), it was ever the mystery that we were some of the lowest paid (hourly, with a steady rotation of temps). Having moved on to become a business owner and employer myself, I've learned that happy employees mean happy customer contact, thus better and more business.

Advice to Management

One of two things should be addressed: be honest with your folks about what they're there for and pay them accordingly.

Toxic culture

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Get to work on a variety of products. Good for young employees to get experience in multiple areas and move on.

Cons

Friends and family of CEO are showed favoritism. Poor behavior is rewarded. Poor management style by all. Good, talented people are kept down and not appreciated - eventually leaving. This place is ripe for a major recall. No collaboration within departments or cross functionally. Do not promote learning or growing.

Advice to Management

Care about good employees or they will leave.

RSS Feed </> Embed