Hair Club Reviews

Reset
4.3
Hair Club CEO Carlos Sariol
Carlos Sariol

Pros
  • I enjoy being able to help people to get their hair back (in 10 reviews)

• I able to help people everyday and take such joy in changing their lives (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Working every Saturday at 7:30 am and every day having only a 30 minute lunch break with no extra breaks in between because it is so busy (in 6 reviews)

• Working on Saturdays, however I quickly forget on Monday morning when everyone else goes to work (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Wouldnt Change My Job for the World

Current Employee - Membership Advisor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Membership Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the past 3 years I have had 2 days that I walked away saying I needed a glass of wine. That was everyday at my last job. This job has not only made me financially stable but mentally as well. It has a great working environment with tons of amazing people. The clients are extremely grateful for our company and show that appreciation as well. Its a very rewarding career that allows you to influence cients lives in a positive way. The company works hard to give you the proper tools to educate yourself and have internal growth. Like I said in my title..I wouldnt change my job for the world!

Cons

The only con I would say would be the saturday mornings...but what people dont realize is that we go back to work on tuesday which allow people to take long weekends...so not a con at all.

Jun 29, 2015MARKETING MANAGER

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and provide us with your feedback. Keep up the great work and keep changing lives for the better!

It's a tough job, but I love what I do and the outcome is amazing.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love what we do for people, we change lives everyday! It's a great company to work for, I've been with HCM for 14 years and continue to love what I do everyday. Building relationships with clients is so important and a great part of what I do ever day as well as giving them the confidence and self esteem that they lost over the years. Dealing with hair loss isn't easy, fixing it is.

Cons

Making people happy isn't always easy, especially when spending this kind of money. Communication and passion defiantly play a big part. It's hard work doing what we do, but it's very rewarding!

3. Manage with hands tied

I worked at Hair Club

Pros

The office was Nice and you were making good money

Cons

I was unable to terminate employees and build a proper team. I was way understaffed and had an employer who was stealing and couldn't fire her

Most amazing and rewarding job...

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Hair Club

Pros

I am very lucky to work for a company that is most successful and trusted in the hair restoration and image industry. What makes my job special and why I love what I do is because I have the opportunity to help people improve their image and appearance. I am a part of a special moment that helps people get their confidence back and improve their self esteem.

Cons

It breaks my heart to see children who suffer from diseases that lead to hair loss.

Advice to Management

Communication is most important in running a successful business and always being involved and available. Rewarding and recognizing your employees hard work encourages and gives incentive to do better

Paying It Forward

Current Employee - Hairstylist and X-trands Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Hairstylist and X-trands Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our team @ our center with Hairclub is a major Pro! We all work together without a second thought to ensure that all of our clients are taken care of in a timely fashion. We love our clients, and I love my team! I myself, am a two time breast cancer survivor and have lost all my hair due to chemo, in the past. So for me this career allows me to help others in need, and pay it forward!

Cons

Due to the need for privacy of our clients, sometimes new clients have a hard time finding us. Also because we are so busy at our center, if a client runs behind, it can throw off our schedule for other clients.

Advice to Management

Stand by the rule of a client showing up over 20 minutes late needs to reschedule so other clients are seen on time.

Hair Stylist San Jose

Current Employee - Hairstylist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Hairstylist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hair Club (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working for the Hairclub has added power to my confidence and taught me to maintain a good character as well. Great training session, awesome leaders, proffesional enviroment not to mention good clients. I appreciate all training meetings and being with motivated group of people.

Cons

Very busy, just make make sure to bring your own lunch to work.

Advice to Management

Management is great, real people, very proffesional,dedicated,always there when you need them.

Jun 29, 2015MARKETING MANAGER

We are glad that the training sessions are helping you succeed and your position with us has added "power to your confidence" - I love this statement! :) We appreciate all the great work that you do ... More

8. NB1

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and seeing how much you help people.

Cons

Every Saturday, but you get used to it. However it would be nice to have a on off Saturday or have flip flop weeks of m-f then the next week tue-sat. You get used to the schedule though.

Advice to Management

Wish we had the team feel like we used too with more group things.

Once great company to work for but losing its culture and morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Hair Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been in business a long time, they take the time to hire good talent and personalities, a lot of hardworking employees, solid training and compensation packages, employee recognition. I had a great time working there for many years and ultimately left for personal reasons, not because of the company.

Cons

Went through an acquisition a couple years ago and lost its way a bit. A lot of old management let go, and with it a lot of the amazing culture and morale. It has slowly become more and more about the numbers and the bottom line which is good for business in the short term, but they will continue to lose good talent if they don't find a good balance which will hurt them in the long run.

Advice to Management

Don't try to stretch regional employees so far-- they became hard to reach, only touched based with centers who were in trouble, and the "team" feeling Hair Club once disappeared completely. Loosen the purse strings just a touch and remember that what seems like a waste of money from the corporate end is largely why you retained such amazing talent for so many years in the field-- people loved the culture of Hair Club, so don't let that die off.

Jun 18, 2015CEO

Thanks for the feedback. You are correct. We re-focused the Company on driving results after being acquired. We were floundering in a “FOR SALE” mode for the prior two years, had lost focus, and ... More

10. Working at HC has allowed me to expand my career skills.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are great! Fun work environment! Management shows appreciation for its staff!

Cons

I've gained weight from the snacks that are throughout the office - they have fresh fruit, but I always go for the chips.

May 19, 2015MARKETING MANAGER

Thank you for your feedback! I also tend to go for the cookies and chips...but occasionally fit in an apple every now and then :)

11. Managing Director

Current Employee - Managing Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Hair Club

Pros

Support, training, pay, fun atmosphere, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Working Saturdays is a bummer, however everything else about this amazing job makes it with it.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you do!

May 7, 2015MARKETING MANAGER

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review! Working Saturdays is an industry standard for salons but the up side is getting off every Sunday and Monday, PLUS no Friday or ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed