Hair Club Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
4.1

Hair Club President & CEO Armen Markarian
Armen Markarian

Pros
  • I able to help people everyday and take such joy in changing their lives (in 10 reviews)

• I have the opportunity to help change people's lives every day (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Working every Saturday at 7:30 am and every day having only a 30 minute lunch break with no extra breaks in between because it is so busy (in 6 reviews)

• Work week hours and working on Saturdays (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

I have been working at Hair Club

Pros

Great opportunity to help people and change lives.

Cons

Work week hours and working on Saturdays.

Exploiting for a Mighty Dollar

I worked at Hair Club full-time

Pros

Able to affect the confidence of many many people suffering from the effects of hair loss.

Cons

SO MANY CONS! I don't know how these people sleep at night. In training, you are taught to play up your sexiness to make the men feel even more insecure and less desirable. I was shown how you use the scope for the hair analysis to make them look as if they are losing hair even when they aren't to scare them to death so you can hopefully close them on the spot for one of the HC products. Shameful.

You dont care. If you did you wouldn't be part of this side show of making a buck off misfortune.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Elmwood Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Elmwood Park, NJ

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love to come to work and make people's day we are hairstylist and that is what we do and we do it well...I have to say my managing director is absolutely a great Leader she is professional . compassionate .overall a Great person she makes everyday enjoyable to be at work, and our hardworking stylist supervisor does a great job on the day to day to help make our job easier...Kudos to our TEAM AT THE PARK......I JUST LOVE WORK ING FOR THIS GREAT COMPANY....

Cons

If you follow company policy and work to the best of your ability that s all that is asked from you as an employee if you do this and you do it well there will be no cons

Keep doing what your doing because it works!!!! Thank you for all you do to make this company a great one..

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bait and switch

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Hair Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You meet great clients rom all walks of life ,decent work hours

Cons

Rushed appts, ,not able to spend the necessary time with your clients. Hair Cuttery type set up, creativity isn't encouraged. Huge disconnect with management and stylist.!

Learn how to better connect with the staff,, Learn the hair business FIRST, before trying sell a product they know nothing about.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I able to help people everyday and take such joy in changing their lives. The benefits are very good. Vacation pay and 401K benefits are excellent. The company has very good continuing education.

Cons

The pay structure could be better considering the value we bring to the company and clients on a daily basis seems to get over looked.

Better salaries for stylist

Great company with a family type atmosphere.

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very competitive compensation and a truly supportive leadership team. A lot of experience is at your disposal to learn from and grow.

Cons

Growth opportunities are limited from restructuring of hierarchy as well as limited centers per geographic area. You will most likely have to relocate to move up quickly or at all.

Management

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A great environment and people to work with. A friendly helpful corporate environment with abilty have open communication

Cons

Limitation of upward mobility with the lack of utilizing your full potential when stuck within the region.

Post positions available within company

Impact lives while making a lucrative income.

Current Employee - Image Consultant & National Trainer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Image Consultant & National Trainer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hair Club is a Fortune 1000 company that feels like a family owned business. Management truly goes to bat for you to ensure your success. I have made a six-figure income for 9 consecutive years at Hair Club. The best part is the positive change you get to see in the lives of your clients. We help people restore their youthfulness and self confidence.

Cons

Working every Saturday from 8-4 is tough, but we are closed every Sunday and Mondays so you get a 2 day weekend & Mondays are great for appointments and errands. The job is very emotional. Hair loss is a very sensitive and emotional subject and insecurity for some people, and they can be very irrational or emotionally reactive while dealing with their fear of change or the unknown.

Help us sell more surgery since Aderans. Salespeople are happy and will stay only if they are making the money they are used to making and know their talent is worth.

Could be better, could be much worse.

Former Employee - Center Administrator
    Former Employee - Center Administrator

I worked at Hair Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work/life balance is pretty good. Getting time off as needed is pretty easy as long as it's not Saturday. A majority of the clients are nice people, a few are some of the most interesting people I've ever met and I love talking to them. The job itself isn't too hard and seems easy at first but it takes a lot longer to master than you think. Most coworkers are nice enough, the company does try to promote a family-like atmosphere amongst the staff.

Cons

It's the worst job in the place. Very low pay compared to everyone else in the center. You bust your rear end to help coworkers make sales/upgrades/retail goals that they all get comissions on but you get nothing. Your coworkers talk about their beach vacations and new cars while you need food stamps to afford groceries and rely on Section 8 to find an affordable place to live. You can get bullied by coworkers and clients. Very little movement into other positions, you typically have to be with the company for years on very low pay to even be consdiered.

Look at giving admins a bonus for all their help with the center.

This is not just a job, its a rewarding career and experience!

Current Employee - Center Administrator  in  Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Center Administrator in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Hair Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With the Barth organization, you are not just thought of as another employee. You are cared about as a person and your assets are valued. You are rewarded for working hard and doing a great job. We work as a team and care about what we are doing and that shows to our clientele. That is why we are the best at what we do!

Cons

I have been fortunate to not have experienced and Cons working with this center. The only downside are later hours a few nights a week.

promoting from within not only builds morale within the company, but benefits it as a whiole; happy employees equal happy clients

Worked for Hair Club? Contribute to the Community!