Hajoca Corporation

Updated August 22, 2014
Updated August 22, 2014
3.5

Rick Fantham

Excellent Company with Outstanding Leaders, Team Members and Culture (Moore Supply Company)

Current Employee - Manager Trainee  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Outstanding camaraderie and team mentality; exceptional buy-in and loyalty from team members throughout the company
    -Decentralized, flat organization with minimal bureaucracy
    -Family owned, privately held; this means that the company is driven by long term growth, not quarterly returns
    -Fast growing
    -Aggressive ability to attack local markets
    -Entrepreneurial mentality with decisions made at local level
    -Rigorous and effective manager training program to prepare to lead small business

I'm a former military officer recruited to join the manager trainee program with Moore Supply Company, the Texas region of Hajoca. Very impressed with our company's values, team approach, outstanding leadership and the quality of people on our team. We are an aggressive company with a lot of momentum and ability to seize initiative in local markets. Moore Supply Company has "Level 5" leaders in its manager and regional leadership.

Cons

-this company is looking for the best candidates, so we would rather not fill a position than fill it with the wrong person

-continue to recruit and train outstanding team members

Not a good experience.

Former Employee - COUNTER SALES  in  Pearl, MS
    Former Employee - COUNTER SALES in Pearl, MS

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, weekends off, holidays off.

Cons

Long hours, fraternity atmosphere, not accepted as an equal.

Great company

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

Decentralized culture leaves the decision making to the local branches.
    Flat corporate structure allows access to everyone in the organization, even the President.
    Very rewarding profit sharing plan if you are at a successful branch.
    Values individual contributions and the power of each employee

Cons

Decentralized structure has every employee wearing many many hats.
    Flat corporate structure allows little room for growth locally.
    Very focused on take home profit sharing opportunities over higher base pay.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall a great company

Former Employee - HVAC Sales Representative  in  Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - HVAC Sales Representative in Marietta, GA

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really understands that happy employees make productive employees

Cons

A very blue collar environment both employees and customers. Does not value professional expertise or a college degree.

Terrible

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent starting pay. Good coworkers.

Cons

I was hired to be a profit center manager trainee at one of the local stores, and the demand they put on the back of a trainee is insane. You're expected to work 7 to 5 every day with almost no breaks, AND do homework every single night, AND come in on the odd Saturday. Your $43,000 base dwindles very quickly with all that factored in. That's the other side of the problem- pay. You don't get what they hire you to make. I was told 43 was my base, but that INCLUDED 5 hours of overtime every week. Did I miss a meeting on the definition of the word base? My "base" was more like 36,000, which is decent, but not what I signed up for.

I was fired after 10 weeks in the program because I didn't show a gusto and a zeal for plumbing. They literally had nothing else to go on, other than I wasn't dancing in the streets to be a part of industrial supply. The performance matrices are not explained at all, but if you don't catch on right away, you're doomed. This is no kind of opportunity for a Junior Military Officer. This organization is flat out awful.

It's not 1983 anymore. Retool your training program to catch it up to the times.

Was a good company to work for, seem to care about their employees.

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with and the company had good benefits and retirement.

Cons

Company has started going through some growing pains since buying out another competitor. Changing management around.

Need to put more emphasis on training new employees.

Great place to work - great people to work with

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hajoca is a great place to work with leadership who really cares about the company and the people. If you are a hard worker, your hard work will not go unnoticed. There is a lot of freedom and independence and little corporate interaction.

Cons

There are people who do not like to work hard or go above and beyond.. the company structure is to make profit so you want to run lean... that means employees have to be on call after hours and they have to wear many hats. Some people can't handle that and just complain about it. Women do not often do well here due to the industry, it's a shame. I have noticed there is more effort being put into hiring women.

Go to each location at least every 2 years and just spend some time there .. give the "little guys" some attention.

Finally a company that recognizes and rewards hard work!

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Hajoca over 5 years and can honestly say it's the best company I've ever worked for. If you are a hard working person who always goes the extra mile, this is the company for you! You will be rewarded significantly through profit sharing if you and your location are successful. Hajoca is a stable, 150+ year old company, that is well run from top to bottom.

Cons

If you are a lazy person or just want to do the bare minimum, run away from this company as fast as you can, because you'll be miserable. Also, if you are a hard worker at an underperforming location, you may not see profit sharing.

A+ company overall. Would love to see a reduction in investment charge percentage and devalued hit, but they are understandable as behavioral motivators.

Professional support

I worked at Hajoca Corporation

Pros

Organization and Leadership are aspects of performance that receive close attention and may be considered of value amongst staff and support

Cons

Limited access to support control supervision

Employ minimal staff to maximize (The "Hero's") profit.

Current Employee - Plumbing Supply
    Current Employee - Plumbing Supply

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Apparently it is a great place to work if you're a PCM (Profit Center Manager)

Cons

After Hajoca has acquired a company they do not 'follow up' on how it is managed. It's ludicrous who they will let be a "Hero." That is their term for a 'profit center' manager.

PAY MORE ATTENTION.

Worked for Hajoca Corporation? Contribute to the Community!