Hajoca Corporation

4.2

Rick Fantham

Great Place to work

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation

Pros

and benefits and salary are in line with other great companies.

Cons

Non- consider yourself lucky if you get a job with them.

Great Company!!

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great rewards for hard work

Cons

Not a destination if you dont like working with numbers and financial data

Amazing opportunity for people who want to drive and own their careers.

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone here makes a difference and they get to share in that by being eligible for a portion of the profits. Lots of opportuity to grow with the company if you work smart, like people and are focused. Most of all I love the career opportunity and the great people I work with. I have been promoted a number of times and been given many challenging opportunities. There is a strong benefit package. I'd recommend this company to family and friends.

Cons

The company is very decentralized so if you are in management you have significant responsiblity. So if you don't want to be in charge and make the decsions and take some risks you probably won't be happy here.

I am an MDP Trainee.

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The great part of being a management trainee is the future. You will be given a chance to run your own business and reap the rewards with the team you build. In my previous job, I had a high performing team, but had difficulty increasing my compensation due to the caps created. Due to the entrepreneur type business model, this job rewards you and your team for business growth and profitability so you can live into your dream. It does come with hard work, grit, and determination, but the control is in your hands. The support needed to make calculated risks to succeed in your business is also readily available through not only your management team, but your peers as well who have numerous years of experience.

In regards to personal growth, I've never been given the hands on experience, as I am now, in running my own business. Being involved in all of the day to day decisions with every part of the business can be overwhelming at first, but the joy of being rewarded when the business succeeds is amazing. Not only am I able to change my own life with a great job, but the team that I have as well.

The owner of Hajoca and the management team gets it and I am thankful that I am able to be a part of the team.

Cons

Due to the amount of learning experiences needed, there will be a lot of travel during the training. In addition, it requires you to be motivated in your learning. For many, the minimal structure, day to day, can be challenging. If you are unable to maintain your own self-motivation and desire for learning, this would be a con for you.

The culture is great, the people that work here stay for years, so my advice would be to keep it like it is.

Better opportunity than you think

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work atmosphere, the training, the benefits and the opportunity to learn a business from 0-100. On a daily basis I do receiving, shipping, stocking, counter sales, inside sales, outside sales, inventory control, purchasing, quoting, billing, vendor relations and managing. Everyday is different and fun. You will also get a chance to travel in the MDP program which is fun!!!

Cons

Length of the interview process.

Try to fast track the interview process with online testing for the MDP program.

The World is Your Oyster with Hajoca

Current Employee - Manager Trainee
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The company really gives each "profit center" a lot of autonomy. Each PC is very individualized and streamlined to fit their market. Each Hajoca takes on the personality of its manager and team.
    - Benefits--- profit sharing, pension plan, 401k, great vacation...etc.
    - Culture--- Everyone I work with is generally very laid back and focused on making money. There is not a lot of drama or distractions. It makes it a very nice place to work

Cons

- Pay is lower than average-- that is supposed to be supplemented by profit sharing checks at the end of the year, but that is of course dependent on the success of your branch. If you work hard, you will get a nice fat profit sharing check.
    - Longevity-- this is a pro and a con---- because there is very little turnover within Hajoca, advancement opportunities are limited because there are not a lot of open positions. I guess this is a good problem to have

Hands off. Management runs the company more like a confederation than a corporation. That is awesome because there are no corporate decree's or mandates from headquarters. Each Hajoca location knows how to run their business to maximize profits.

Best company I have worked for!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Macon, GA

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, Great co-workers, Great Pay. You are rewarded for working hard. The profit sharing encourages everyone to maximize profit in the profit center, so everyone works hard to reach the goal. Great training and support from upper management. I would and have already recommended the company to several friends.

Cons

I currently have no cons to list about the company.

Keep doing what you are doing, I have gone through "training" before, but never actually received the hands on training and support like I have at Hajoca.

The kind of Company you WANT to retire with!!!

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The genuine care for employees and the culture of nothing but success is a stay factor. The leadership here really practice what they preach. The benefits are extremely good and are competitive with any company in the marketplace today. They even offer a retirement account that they pay 100% for, I always thought that was a thing of the past. Well this company is so stable, they can keep it going.

The great majority of the employees are very dedicated and always willing to help. Be ready for a piece of humble pie and roll up your sleeves and be ready to wear many hats!

Cons

The training is exceptional, maybe my only and very very minor issue would be for training to be more structured.

A more structured training program is desired where exact operational items to complete are listed and various ways to master the task or item. Not every training location does the same type of training or use the same methods. Perhaps a more standardized operational task/checklist that one could refer to and easily see how they can learn them, with or without the help of the location itself.

Excellent learning opportunity

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

Looking for Entrepreneurial oriented people in the Management Trainee Program

Huge demand makes endless work/earning potential in the right markets.
    Down to earth industry makes great relationships with customers and coworkers. It doesn't have a stuffy corporate feel.
    Privately held company can offer more to employees instead of worrying about pleasing shareholders. Good benefits and retirement plan.
    Can be pro or con: The company puts you right into the middle of business and says learn as much as you can as fast as you can.
    If you are a hands on learner, this is the best business opportunity for you.

Cons

Looking to the future:
    Can be a tough business environment to flourish in.
    If you do well, work-life balance can become difficult.

Great potential, somewhat unpredictable experience

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Full benefits, acceptable pay, profit sharing. Decentralized structure allows for a lot of decision making at the profit center level, and the training program is to become a profit center manager. Learning from the bottom up in the regards of understanding all of the processes and learning the product/market the way everyone else did.

Company will contribute to/pay for continuing education.

Profit sharing in its potential to drastically increase your annual earnings/provide you with a nice bonus; it's not an empty promise.

Pro/con depending how you look at it: Company does not match 401(k), but instead contributes money to a cash retirement account; depending on how much you would contribute to your 401(k) it may come out as less money, but it is contributed to your account regardless of whether or not you contribute to your 401(k).

As a trainee the company places a high importance on your training and development; this is clear by the resources they expend to get you good training. There is an annual event in Ardmore, PA which is a lot of fun while also great for your development as a trainee/future manager. You will also get the opportunity to visit different profit centers throughout your region to take part in inventory/audits as well as traveling to misc. training events.

Cons

Learning from the bottom up in the sense that it can become monotonous. You are in a training program in the long run, which is the important part. But weeks go by where you're thanklessly working at a retail counter selling plumbing supplies to plumbers or in a warehouse and it wears on you.

Decentralized structure and autonomy of profit center managers makes for an unpredictable training experience; some people I know love the PCs/managers they train at/with, others dislike them.

Profit sharing in the way it is offered in lieu of better base pay; great concept for the business model but can be frustrating if your location is not making profit sharing because it is not likely that you can individually change that if your team is not committed/motivated (though when you become a PC manager this will be your goal!).
    Also, keep in mind that profit sharing bonuses are taxed at a muchhhh higher rate than your pay would be if you were given a higher base pay instead.

Keep it up! As far as advice on a profit center-level management, it's different everywhere so it's hard to give advice.