Hajoca Corporation

4.1

Rick Fantham

Great Place to work

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation

Pros

and benefits and salary are in line with other great companies.

Cons

Non- consider yourself lucky if you get a job with them.

Great Company!!

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great rewards for hard work

Cons

Not a destination if you dont like working with numbers and financial data

Better opportunity than you think

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work atmosphere, the training, the benefits and the opportunity to learn a business from 0-100. On a daily basis I do receiving, shipping, stocking, counter sales, inside sales, outside sales, inventory control, purchasing, quoting, billing, vendor relations and managing. Everyday is different and fun. You will also get a chance to travel in the MDP program which is fun!!!

Cons

Length of the interview process.

Try to fast track the interview process with online testing for the MDP program.

The kind of Company you WANT to retire with!!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The genuine care for employees and the culture of nothing but success is a stay factor. The leadership here really practice what they preach. The benefits are extremely good and are competitive with any company in the marketplace today. They even offer a retirement account that they pay 100% for, I always thought that was a thing of the past. Well this company is so stable, they can keep it going.

The great majority of the employees are very dedicated and always willing to help. Be ready for a piece of humble pie and roll up your sleeves and be ready to wear many hats!

Cons

The training is exceptional, maybe my only and very very minor issue would be for training to be more structured.

A more structured training program is desired where exact operational items to complete are listed and various ways to master the task or item. Not every training location does the same type of training or use the same methods. Perhaps a more standardized operational task/checklist that one could refer to and easily see how they can learn them, with or without the help of the location itself.

I am an MDP Trainee.

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The great part of being a management trainee is the future. You will be given a chance to run your own business and reap the rewards with the team you build. In my previous job, I had a high performing team, but had difficulty increasing my compensation due to the caps created. Due to the entrepreneur type business model, this job rewards you and your team for business growth and profitability so you can live into your dream. It does come with hard work, grit, and determination, but the control is in your hands. The support needed to make calculated risks to succeed in your business is also readily available through not only your management team, but your peers as well who have numerous years of experience.

In regards to personal growth, I've never been given the hands on experience, as I am now, in running my own business. Being involved in all of the day to day decisions with every part of the business can be overwhelming at first, but the joy of being rewarded when the business succeeds is amazing. Not only am I able to change my own life with a great job, but the team that I have as well.

The owner of Hajoca and the management team gets it and I am thankful that I am able to be a part of the team.

Cons

Due to the amount of learning experiences needed, there will be a lot of travel during the training. In addition, it requires you to be motivated in your learning. For many, the minimal structure, day to day, can be challenging. If you are unable to maintain your own self-motivation and desire for learning, this would be a con for you.

The culture is great, the people that work here stay for years, so my advice would be to keep it like it is.

Best company I have worked for!!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Macon, GA

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, Great co-workers, Great Pay. You are rewarded for working hard. The profit sharing encourages everyone to maximize profit in the profit center, so everyone works hard to reach the goal. Great training and support from upper management. I would and have already recommended the company to several friends.

Cons

I currently have no cons to list about the company.

Keep doing what you are doing, I have gone through "training" before, but never actually received the hands on training and support like I have at Hajoca.

Amazing opportunity for people who want to drive and own their careers.

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone here makes a difference and they get to share in that by being eligible for a portion of the profits. Lots of opportuity to grow with the company if you work smart, like people and are focused. Most of all I love the career opportunity and the great people I work with. I have been promoted a number of times and been given many challenging opportunities. There is a strong benefit package. I'd recommend this company to family and friends.

Cons

The company is very decentralized so if you are in management you have significant responsiblity. So if you don't want to be in charge and make the decsions and take some risks you probably won't be happy here.

Excellent Company with Outstanding Leaders, Team Members and Culture (Moore Supply Company)

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Outstanding camaraderie and team mentality; exceptional buy-in and loyalty from team members throughout the company
    -Decentralized, flat organization with minimal bureaucracy
    -Family owned, privately held; this means that the company is driven by long term growth, not quarterly returns
    -Fast growing
    -Aggressive ability to attack local markets
    -Entrepreneurial mentality with decisions made at local level
    -Rigorous and effective manager training program to prepare to lead small business

I'm a former military officer recruited to join the manager trainee program with Moore Supply Company, the Texas region of Hajoca. Very impressed with our company's values, team approach, outstanding leadership and the quality of people on our team. We are an aggressive company with a lot of momentum and ability to seize initiative in local markets. Moore Supply Company has "Level 5" leaders in its manager and regional leadership.

Cons

-this company is looking for the best candidates, so we would rather not fill a position than fill it with the wrong person

-continue to recruit and train outstanding team members

Finally a company that recognizes and rewards hard work!

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for Hajoca over 5 years and can honestly say it's the best company I've ever worked for. If you are a hard working person who always goes the extra mile, this is the company for you! You will be rewarded significantly through profit sharing if you and your location are successful. Hajoca is a stable, 150+ year old company, that is well run from top to bottom.

Cons

If you are a lazy person or just want to do the bare minimum, run away from this company as fast as you can, because you'll be miserable. Also, if you are a hard worker at an underperforming location, you may not see profit sharing.

A+ company overall. Would love to see a reduction in investment charge percentage and devalued hit, but they are understandable as behavioral motivators.

Fantastic company to work for - family owned and very well run

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation

Pros

Ability to get rewarded for hard work and determination; fantastic family atmosphere; great training opportunities; focus on people development

Cons

Lean staffs require you to do many jobs (may not be a con); Sometimes the bottom-up approach does not always work

Keep up the great work!