Hajoca Corporation

Add Photos

Rick Fantham

Not a good experience.

COUNTER SALES (Former Employee) Pearl, MS

ProsBenefits, weekends off, holidays off.

ConsLong hours, fraternity atmosphere, not accepted as an equal.

Great company

ProsDecentralized culture leaves the decision making to the local branches.
    Flat corporate structure allows access to everyone in the organization, even the President.
    Very rewarding profit sharing plan if you are at a successful branch.
    Values individual contributions and the power of each employee

ConsDecentralized structure has every employee wearing many many hats.
    Flat corporate structure allows little room for growth locally.
    Very focused on take home profit sharing opportunities over higher base pay.

Overall a great company

HVAC Sales Representative (Former Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsReally understands that happy employees make productive employees

ConsA very blue collar environment both employees and customers. Does not value professional expertise or a college degree.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a good company to work for, seem to care about their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were great to work with and the company had good benefits and retirement.

ConsCompany has started going through some growing pains since buying out another competitor. Changing management around.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to put more emphasis on training new employees.

Great place to work - great people to work with

ProsHajoca is a great place to work with leadership who really cares about the company and the people. If you are a hard worker, your hard work will not go unnoticed. There is a lot of freedom and independence and little corporate interaction.

ConsThere are people who do not like to work hard or go above and beyond.. the company structure is to make profit so you want to run lean... that means employees have to be on call after hours and they have to wear many hats. Some people can't handle that and just complain about it. Women do not often do well here due to the industry, it's a shame. I have noticed there is more effort being put into hiring women.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to each location at least every 2 years and just spend some time there .. give the "little guys" some attention.

Finally a company that recognizes and rewards hard work!

Profit Center Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked for Hajoca over 5 years and can honestly say it's the best company I've ever worked for. If you are a hard working person who always goes the extra mile, this is the company for you! You will be rewarded significantly through profit sharing if you and your location are successful. Hajoca is a stable, 150+ year old company, that is well run from top to bottom.

ConsIf you are a lazy person or just want to do the bare minimum, run away from this company as fast as you can, because you'll be miserable. Also, if you are a hard worker at an underperforming location, you may not see profit sharing.

Advice to Senior ManagementA+ company overall. Would love to see a reduction in investment charge percentage and devalued hit, but they are understandable as behavioral motivators.

Professional support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOrganization and Leadership are aspects of performance that receive close attention and may be considered of value amongst staff and support

ConsLimited access to support control supervision

Employ minimal staff to maximize (The "Hero's") profit.

Plumbing Supply (Current Employee)

ProsApparently it is a great place to work if you're a PCM (Profit Center Manager)

ConsAfter Hajoca has acquired a company they do not 'follow up' on how it is managed. It's ludicrous who they will let be a "Hero." That is their term for a 'profit center' manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY MORE ATTENTION.

Fantastic company to work for - family owned and very well run

ProsAbility to get rewarded for hard work and determination; fantastic family atmosphere; great training opportunities; focus on people development

ConsLean staffs require you to do many jobs (may not be a con); Sometimes the bottom-up approach does not always work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

The business model has every branch as its own company that leads to large gaps in management.

Employee (Former Employee) Sylmar, CA

ProsGreat to work for if your branch is profitable, if not watch out. This model has every branch compeating with each other makes for a strange working environment.

ConsNo consistency in management and no HR to help in this matter. Good manager, good branch. Bad manager, bad branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnify your branches and put in a strong HR to help your employees.

Worked for Hajoca Corporation? Contribute to the Community!