Halcyon Solutions Reviews

Halcyon Solutions President Mohan Viddam
Mohan Viddam

1. Good People

I have been working at Halcyon Solutions full-time

Pros

Halcyon invests time and energy in building employee skills

Cons

Usual cons related to consulting

2. will not recommend

Former Employee - Software Developer in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Rochester, MN

I worked at Halcyon Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Helped me get H1 visa and placed me in a project. - Didn't interfere in my project. - Doesn't micro-manage - They helped me a little bit when I was in between projects. But it wasn't enough.

Cons

- Didn't get my salary on time. Sometimes they will send a mail that this month your salary will be late due to delay in payment and "thanks for patience and understanding". - One of my colleagues got fired mysteriously - It used to be a body shopping company. They had some connection in networking/telecom companies and used to place consultants in telecom/network projects. Then they got blown away by the .com bubble bust in 2001. After that they changed gears to Microsoft technologies but still body shopping. - Initial project was good but after that there was no help. I had to find projects on my own in monster and careerbuilder and subcontract through them. - I don't like body shopping companies. It's an evil byproduct of American capitalism and short sightedness in the industry. Halcyon is another body shopping company that lures innocent people from India with promise of lucrative jobs in America.

Advice to Management

Need to strengthen the foundations, execute projects within the company instead of body shopping. Need to build more customers and move up the value chain.

3. Growing Company That Values Employees

I have been working at Halcyon Solutions full-time

Pros

Invests time and money in employee education, training and career development Provides lots of growth opportunities Hires technical professionals for a diverse range of technologies Commitment to giving back to the local community

Cons

Not as well known as other local IT companies, but is growing rapidly without losing its focus on employee & customer happiness

Advice to Management

Increase involvement in the local IT community in order to increase local presence & name recognition

5. good

Current Employee - Engineer Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer Manager in Bangalore (India)

Pros

best place towork. Lot of learning opportunities. enjoyed colleagues, rapport

Cons

slow organization salary issue, missing recognition.

Advice to Management

aging infrastructure

RSS Feed </> Embed