Halifax Health Medical Center

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
2.1

Jeff Feasel

Really enjoy my job and what Halifax offers

Current Employee - Social Worker
    Current Employee - Social Worker

I have been working at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time

Pros

Great benefits, very good pay. My coworkers are supportive and more than willing to help you out. My supervisor is amazing. Had your back. Great experience.

Cons

It's frustrating not to get holidays off. But this is made up for in getting 4 weeks off.

Keep up the good work

Good experience

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trauma Hospital so lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Low wage but typical for Daytona

Quit paying them so much in upper management

Great hospital, horrific upper echelon.

Former Employee - R N  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - R N in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wonderful team members, exciting fast paced environment, and new things every day.

Cons

Lying, cheating upper management. Department of Justice involvement with massive fine that falls on the taxpayers since this is a public hospital.

Get rid to the top management, I have never seen such a waste of money in my 30 year career. (I have worked at many hospitals throughout the country)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a good experience at Halifax. Radiology manager was fair.

Former Employee - Radiographer  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Radiographer in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Halifax Health Medical Center as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Work was definitely a pleasure to go to. My co-workers were wonderful and we all got along famously. We had pot luck lunches, outings, and everyone genuinely looked out for one another.

Cons

The pay at Halifax was not as competitive as Orlando, or even Altamonte Springs or Sanford. It is a State funded hospital, but I'm not sure if that is a good enough reason. The benefits at Halifax were also not as good as even the local cable company.

Your hands are tied when it comes to salary but more squeaky wheels will get greased.

A good starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Halifax Health Medical Center

Pros

At Halifax Health you will learn and experience a plethora of patients and disease processes. Good team approach within departments.

Cons

Low pay scale as compared to other healthcare settings in the community.

Get competetive with the pay scale.

former co worker 10 years

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Clerical in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

location is great. Access to doctors is good.

Cons

Middle and upper management are not interested in the employees under them. They are looking out for themselves and their larger than needed pay scale. New hires are hired in at the same wage as the loyal employees that have been there for 10 years. I know for a fact. One manger didn't know how to do e-mail and sent out a mass e-mailing to t he effect. Employees had to tell her of her error. Go figure. If management does not like you, your not a favorite and do not fit in with what they think, you are outcast. Private party e-mails sent out to dept. and the manager is friends with person and managers hang around with their employees. Too many times long term employees caught doing their banking on company time and company computers. Management aware, turned their heads. The hard working employees work while the go old boys club have a good time in dept. instead of working. Ever wonder why the dept. has so many accounts outstanding?? Need to have all employees held accountable to the same standards and work ethic. Sloppy dressing mangers hired in that employees have to train.

Middle management gossips and employees are allowed to gossip about medical records of people they know. When bring this to employee attention to not do this, the employees go to management and lie to cover up . retaliation is really used there.

Doctors have several large conference rooms while employees work in mold and dirty dusty areas. Restrooms never stocked with toilet paper and dirt is encrusted on ceiling vents and walls in corners.

Clean this place up and start taking an interest in your GOOD reliable employees. It starts with you. and you are not a good example. The Cornerstone is really a joke. It is a programs you waste dollars on so that when you get less money from the negative grades, you can blame it on employees. If your going to talk it, you need to do it your self. It starts from top down and your a bad example.

This hospital is on the decline.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are so many great employees working here that go above and beyond. They are willing to help their fellow employees. I learned a great deal about healthcare operations.

Cons

Nothing but a boys club. Very low employee morale. Hardest workers are not recognized for their hard work. There is so much money wasted that should be going to the employees.

Change in leadership needed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

Largest hospital in east central fla

Cons

Executives and Leadership are grossly overpaid.
    Poor Leadership
    Several new VPs added in 2013 and 2014 with high salaries.
    Multiple lawsuits against hospital for billing, admissions, wrongful terminations, non competitive bids, discrimination.
    Staff nurses and allied health have reduced pay and benefits due to poor leadership.

Time for change in all senior leadership. Time for the board to make changes for the tax payers.

Everyone Hates it

Current Employee - CCET  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - CCET in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

Weekend and night shift differentials, 10%/18%

Cons

Facilities are old and equipment out of date.

Good place to have career

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Mental Health Tech in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Halifax Health Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has interest in keeping people for the long haul. They will help you further your education and career. Every one complains about pay, but I feel I get paid well for what I do.

Cons

Great team support but division between departments and areas.

Keep working on Cornerstone, it's a great program

Worked for Halifax Health Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!