Hall Automotive

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ken Hall

Stable job you'll lose your mind at

Parts Counterperson (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsThe people I worked with were awesome, and it's a steady paycheck.

ConsSuper corporate. The management company is always watching and you won't get any substantial raises or even a living wage.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow a pair

Auto Sales

Salesman (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsPay can be good, if you are a favorite of the staff. 1 week vacation after a year.

ConsVery scary work hours (65 or more every week). Will be harassed on your day off if you don't sell enough.

More cars, not so great people at the top!

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Tidewater, VA

ProsBrand diversity and local name recognition.

ConsPeople are not valued except for what they can produce. Old school management at the top which is a bit racist and sexist.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring your management philosophies into the next generation. If you valued your people more, you would reduce turnover. Human Capital should be your biggest asset, but is costing you dearly on the bottom line.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a new experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsVery professional environment. The service managers and technicians are very friendly and have give a team environment. They understand that we all have lives outside of Hall and know that sometimes we might not want to be bothered with work that they themselves can do.

ConsWorking outside can be bothersome in the hot heat or the coldest winters. The nature of being a service manager is more being a salesperson than a knowledgeable mechanic.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and don't cut back a lot of the employee perks as much. Show more employee appreciation.

It's time for the new millenium!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsIt pays the bills, almost.

ConsMost of the upper management, including the General Manager in Chesapeake, are old school guys who want to do it the way they did 30 years ago. Today's employee is different and responds to a different style of bottom up management. These guys are racist, unprofessional, and really only care about the bottom line. I am white, and in management, and am uncomfortable most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and realize that your staff is your most important asset. When you take care of them first, your customers will automatically be treated well. They are not pawns to be used strictly to line your pocketbooks. They have lives and families that are far more important to them than this job.

Worked for Hall Automotive? Contribute to the Community!