Halliburton

Halliburton Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Halliburton Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Lesar

Dave Lesar

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, Low taxes compared to taxes in new york(in 23 reviews)

• good benefits work not that hard climate control environment in mgf(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They claim to care about "family" "work life balance" and "good compensation"(in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, sometimes lack support to get large projects completed(in 38 reviews)

Bad place to work

Drilling Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) Casper, WY

ProsCool technology but quickly being out dated

ConsPoor management, very limited knowledge base makes it hard to learn job and progress. Out of the hundreds of people I have met most quit and those that stay do not like the culture or pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust fire yourselves. I hear all of you complain about the lousy pay so it really starts from the top down. Plus have a CEO that isn't an accountant! I don't care about 3rd quarter earning what are we doing to stay competitive? Times are good, what are we doing to re-invest in our long term success? I hear all the time HES is getting run off another job because it does not have competent people to do the job right or has a inferior product.

Field Engineer

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Odessa, TX

ProsJob security, benefits, room for advancement, good pay

ConsLong hours, people seem expendable

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on employees needs and wants.

It's all about the bottom line

ProsWork independently, but part of a team. You are responsible for you leg of the team, the team comes together to execute a job. Good satisfaction when the job has been completed successfully.

ConsLoooong hours. 24/7/365. Revenue Revenue Revenue. You are just a number. Good ol' boy network survives.

Advice to Senior ManagementYearly review is a sham, managers don't even know who you are and rate your performance.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience, unorganized training program, bias management

Associate Technical Professional (Former Employee)

Pros- Great learning and training opportunities
    - International opportunities widely available even for starting position.
    - Excellent benefits

Cons- No work/life balance. Worked 11 days on, 3 days off with 12+ hour shifts.
    - Employee safety is overlooked for financial cost.
    - Lower salary compared to competitors.
    - Promotions and cross-training opportunities are given depending on relationship with manager.
    - Complains and criticism are not taken well.
    - Very stingy company

Advice to Senior Management- Standardize company rules across entire company rather than by camps.
    - Always put safety over money
    - Pay competitive salaries
    - Give all employers the right to voice their opinion without penalties.
    - Don't force over hiring which can lead to firing of people down the road to cut budget.
    - If you make your employers happy, their will do a better job and you will be happy.

Halliburton has been good to me!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOpportunity to work with people that I truly like and enjoy. It's a family atmosphere.

ConsCompensation isn't great. You have to put in at least 5 years or kill yourself out in the field before you see any real money. If you don't fight for it, you won't get it...i.e. raise, training, time off, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngineers and technical personnel are not the only high performers in the company. Encourage everyone to succeed

Great People, Fantastic Opportunity, Poor Compensation

Account Leader (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe freedom I have to do my job is amazing. I love the people I work with and getting to work on so many things. Literally every day is different, and I can run my accounts like my own business. Our leadership team is really second to none.

ConsThe Compensation that Halliburton offers is well below competive, and in some cases out right bad. The compensation structure does not motivate you to try and earn more for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Compensation - Salaries & Bonuses

challenging

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMy boss was very helpful to give me more responsibilities and opportunities

Consi was looking for management

Great company to build experience.

Field Engineer - Wireline (Current Employee) Laurel, MS

ProsWorld class training for field engineers
    Great Benefits
    Quick advancement compared to other companies

ConsWork is not steady in every work location
    Depends on the area and the amount of drilling

Excellent foot in the door

Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee) Odessa, TX

ProsSo many areas to go to, if leadership will allow it.

ConsHalliburton is doing less and less for its employees and doesn't think highly of retention. Instead it will spend lots of money on training

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate incentives for workers to stay

Good Company

QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee) Conroe, TX

ProsGreat family life balance, excellent management personal

ConsCompensation of HSE and other ideals not heard

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!