Halliburton

Halliburton Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Halliburton Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Lesar

Dave Lesar

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, Low taxes compared to taxes in new york(in 23 reviews)

• good benefits work not that hard climate control environment in mgf(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They claim to care about "family" "work life balance" and "good compensation"(in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, sometimes lack support to get large projects completed(in 38 reviews)

Great Company

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsA lot of work available for you once you are with the company. Not for slackers

ConsLong hours and a lot of work ( I expected this and have no problem with it)
    More work than life, so you really should consider this before making a decision

Advice to Senior ManagementI suppose more 'away from work' time will definitely benefit the employees.
    Happy employees = More Productive Employees = Happy Customers = More Business/Profit

3 years of wasted time.

Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood 401k match. 3-4% raises if you get one. You are pressured to lie about the short comings of your manager and supervisors. All of mine did not earn their posts. If you know someone then you are probably going to end out ahead of some one who is good at their job, but isn't related to someone in management.

ConsIts a great place to work if you are really good at kissing butt.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not royalty.

Halliburton is an exciting job, but steals your time.

Field Professional - Wireline (Current Employee) New Iberia, LA

ProsFast pace, dynamic, and pays well.

ConsTime consuming, lack of respect for personnel, not much time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more respect to employees, and care about them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lead Accountant

Lead Accountant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Enviorment, good leadership skills, good benefits, execellent career building and opportunities.

ConsComute to work, low bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementMore developmental training

Just another day in the oilfield

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits , descent play.

ConsCrap management, poor quality. And poor management again

CT Supervisor with Petroleum Graduate

ProsSuccession is very slow, time offs need to be straightened. Medical should be better looked upon. Educational Qualification

ConsVery good place to learn, Company with own Manufacturing Equipment, Competitive remuneration.

Advice to Senior ManagementMedical needs to be looked upon and better Training and more sucession flexibility needs to look upon.

Room for Improvement

Journalism/Editorial/Documentation (Former Employee) Carrollton, TX

ProsIt's a well known, fairly stable company. It's easy to have work-life balance because Halliburton doesn't really have external clients, at least in our department. Work ends at 5pm, and the office turns into a ghost town after that. The proximity to Addison makes for easy commuting or hanging out after work. Some of my coworkers were really nice.

ConsAlthough a stable employer, Halliburton does have a few issues. First, the Carrollton office feels so ancient, in a 1970s office/industrial park. As another reviewer mentioned, this company does have a prevalent "white good ole boys" atmosphere. Halliburton was not big on diversity, at least in my department.

In our department, there was not much room for advancement. Although the pay was okay, it could be better, especially for non-tech staff. But the biggest issue was that the company offers no formal training. The management is resistant to change and new ideas. Yet this type of mindset is common in the oil and gas sector.

It was fun while it lasted.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery competitive salary and benefits.

ConsMembers of the management team at times showed their bias.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe objective.

In depth training, lots of office politics

Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee) Casper, WY

ProsExcellent in-class training. A lot of young talent. A lot of opportunities to move into another field if you stick it out long enough. Great paying job right out of school. Field experience a must for those looking to work in the Oil & Gas industry.

ConsA lot of office politics. Get blackballed by major operators because of agreements they made not to take Halliburton engineers/employees. Just a number to the company. Hours can range from 40-110 hours/week. Field engineers average about 84 hours/week on a 2 week on/1 week off schedule.

Halliburton

Prosthe benefits are good like health, vision, dental, stocks and co-workers are nice and friendly

ConsMarketing management has issues, they are headed in the wrong direction and I hope that executive management takes notice before it is too late.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!