Halliburton

Halliburton Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Halliburton Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Lesar

Dave Lesar

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, Low taxes compared to taxes in new york(in 23 reviews)

• good benefits work not that hard climate control environment in mgf(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They claim to care about "family" "work life balance" and "good compensation"(in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, sometimes lack support to get large projects completed(in 38 reviews)

Senior IT Manager

Senior IT Applications Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA good stable organization, has come a long way to become stable and offers good total rewards. The organization has global footprint which allows staff to work with different cultures. Good transparency for job classifications and packages.

ConsSenior Management is very protective to their positions; they do not offer a lot of vertical career development. International assingments are not offered for IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have expand the offering of career development beyond local resources and allow for others to grow.

good

ProsNice starting bonuses and compensation

Constraining is a bit slow

Great company with lots of opportunities

Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLarge company that offer a wide variety of positions and locations.

ConsLarge corporate structure which means advancements often takes time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dependable company that has proven to be reliable.

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTreat employees well and work hard at bringin in new tallent.

ConsForward Focus changes daily. Atrition is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand behind your plans of development training. Support your mid-level management more.

Treated well, paid average.

Technical Advisor (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsBenefits are great, stock purchase plan is a bonus, 401K and matching program is competitive. A safe company that treats you well.

ConsPay leaves something to be desired. Would love more time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore distinct career path for engineers, pay raises.

overall thougts

Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee)

Prosgreat company to work for & offer the best hands on training

Conspay little less than other major oil energy service companies

My opinion

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood people to work with in the field. Decent accommodations. I was hired out school. Good place to start off at and learn the business. Halliburton has good safety expectations. If you like to travel, there are plenty off opportunities.

ConsBad communication, Hard to get promotion, bad management. If you know somebody, you can move up fast, if not you're stuck Very short staffed. Bad training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know a job is coming up, don't wait until the last minute to notify employees. There needs to be better communication as a whole. If you want to keep your employees, keep up with the competition's salary and day rate.

Highly political

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWork life balance, good proximity to suburbs in the west and south west of houston, away from downtown and galleria, competitive compensation

ConsHighly political environment with very limited growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce skip meetings to get feedback about mid level managers and focus on quality of work from an individual rather than candidate's good looks and talking ability.

Engineering Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, friendly colleagues, tasks assigned seemed less challenging due to excellent training, good supervisor

ConsSalary was lower than expected for the position, politics with senior management and staff

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease increase your salary. It's really low for an oil service company! And change the dirty politics tactics

Technical Professional

Technical Professional (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA

ProsTime off schedule is great, flexible working hours within my department are nice. Direct management cares about employees and makes sure they are happy. Benefits are very good.

ConsSometimes you have to work weekends offshore. Base pay could be a little higher. Having to be on call means it is very hard to schedule events without taking vacation for them.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!