Halliburton

Halliburton Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Halliburton Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Lesar

Dave Lesar

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, Low taxes compared to taxes in new york(in 23 reviews)

• good benefits work not that hard climate control environment in mgf(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They claim to care about "family" "work life balance" and "good compensation"(in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, sometimes lack support to get large projects completed(in 38 reviews)

Senior IT Manager

Senior IT Applications Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA good stable organization, has come a long way to become stable and offers good total rewards. The organization has global footprint which allows staff to work with different cultures. Good transparency for job classifications and packages.

ConsSenior Management is very protective to their positions; they do not offer a lot of vertical career development. International assingments are not offered for IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have expand the offering of career development beyond local resources and allow for others to grow.

good

ProsNice starting bonuses and compensation

Constraining is a bit slow

Great company with lots of opportunities

Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLarge company that offer a wide variety of positions and locations.

ConsLarge corporate structure which means advancements often takes time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall thougts

Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee)

Prosgreat company to work for & offer the best hands on training

Conspay little less than other major oil energy service companies

Dependable company that has proven to be reliable.

Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTreat employees well and work hard at bringin in new tallent.

ConsForward Focus changes daily. Atrition is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand behind your plans of development training. Support your mid-level management more.

Treated well, paid average.

Technical Advisor (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsBenefits are great, stock purchase plan is a bonus, 401K and matching program is competitive. A safe company that treats you well.

ConsPay leaves something to be desired. Would love more time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore distinct career path for engineers, pay raises.

Fast learning but not fast growth

Lab Tech (Current Employee) Caldwell, TX

ProsGreat benefits, up to 5-6% 401K match after 2 or 3 yrs. No bonus in Lab. Safety is number one. Train on the job with easy access to sources and processes. Employee stocNo night time management as of now.

ConsLow pay as compared to other companies. Frac and cement have no budget to work with. Can only be rated up to one level above your current role. Unable to market yourself in the lab, as you have very limited exposure. Very hard to move up because the company only wants to hire new college Engineer grads,rarely promote Lab Techs. Schedule has changed THREE times in less than two years. Hours have been cut so cannot make the overtime to compensate the lower pay. The facility is located in a small town 30 miles from the nearest desired city to live.

Micromanaged: The current manager as of Aug 2013 started his position on a power trip and his lack of prior management experience delivers his personal need to gain control through empty threats and can be unnecessarily demanding and unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a tighter rope on your managers as they cut corners, increasing the workload of employees and knowingly make it a tense work environment. Allow for immediate raises once employees have exceeded competences beyond their role or have broken out. And quit changing the hours/schedule so much.

Slow to industry changing environment as far as compensation, technological improvements and overall efficiency

MWD Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsRelatively more job security than other companies when business is slow.

ConsPoor management; lots of good old boy stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter recruitment and compensation

My opinion

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood people to work with in the field. Decent accommodations. I was hired out school. Good place to start off at and learn the business. Halliburton has good safety expectations. If you like to travel, there are plenty off opportunities.

ConsBad communication, Hard to get promotion, bad management. If you know somebody, you can move up fast, if not you're stuck Very short staffed. Bad training.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know a job is coming up, don't wait until the last minute to notify employees. There needs to be better communication as a whole. If you want to keep your employees, keep up with the competition's salary and day rate.

Highly political

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWork life balance, good proximity to suburbs in the west and south west of houston, away from downtown and galleria, competitive compensation

ConsHighly political environment with very limited growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce skip meetings to get feedback about mid level managers and focus on quality of work from an individual rather than candidate's good looks and talking ability.

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!