Halliburton

Halliburton Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Halliburton Chairman, President, and CEO Dave Lesar

Dave Lesar

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, Low taxes compared to taxes in new york (in 23 reviews)

• First class safety and driving program, good benefits and top notch equipment (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They claim to care about "family" "work life balance" and "good compensation" (in 21 reviews)

• Long hours, sometimes lack support to get large projects completed (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

A good learning experience

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsExcellent, in-depth training and internship program and hands-on technical support and assistance while working on the projects

ConsUncertainty regarding absorption after successful completion of the internship program

Toxic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of fun technologies to work with

Consmicro managed, process bound, and very disconnected with reality. Its about satisfying managers upward and service to the business is lost in translation.

Advice to Senior Managementremove layers, stop being so facist and hiarchial, and return to focusing on the business.

Very Nice

Senior Technical Professional (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsDecent Benefits, Very good people

ConsNo Career Path iterated, Time Taking Promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer Path Development with Time should be fixed

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people are what drives success

Senior Tech Professional Well Design (Current Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsCompensation is good to above average for my career level, co-workers are all very friendly and is what makes it a good place to work. They have a lot of turnover based on current employees being head-hunted by operators.

ConsThey could have better retention if they were a little more competitive in pay. They try but sometimes fall short (too little too late). Also they need a better training regime.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say the only advice would be to really assess your employees and if you really want to keep the good ones you will have to do whatever is in your power to do so. They will most likely take the better opportunity (pay driven) over loyalty.

Good experience, no life balance

Senior Technical Professional (Former Employee)

ProsThe company gave me great training and tons of valuable experience which have really helped my career. It also gave me international experiences which I would have otherwise not received.

ConsHowever, the work took me away from family, and required 12 hour days in the office (or 15 hour days in the field) on a very regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers in this company are just people who were promoted because they did a good job, not people who actually know how to manage people. Never forget "People join companies, and leave managers." and the same was true for myself. Spending time qualifying people to be a manager before putting them in charge of other peoples careers is a Must, not a "nice to do".

Slow to industry changing environment as far as compensation, technological improvements and overall efficiency

MWD Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsRelatively more job security than other companies when business is slow.

ConsPoor management; lots of good old boy stuff.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter recruitment and compensation

internship

Prosgood work culture and employ friendly

Conslong working hours, no work life balance

Senior IT Manager

Senior IT Applications Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA good stable organization, has come a long way to become stable and offers good total rewards. The organization has global footprint which allows staff to work with different cultures. Good transparency for job classifications and packages.

ConsSenior Management is very protective to their positions; they do not offer a lot of vertical career development. International assingments are not offered for IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have expand the offering of career development beyond local resources and allow for others to grow.

It's been okay

Coiled Tubing Associate Technical Professional (Current Employee) Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

ProsMultinational company, okay pay and good safety practice

ConsTerrible upper management, delayed trainings and promotions, pay cuts under certain conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in your employees shoes

good

ProsNice starting bonuses and compensation

Constraining is a bit slow

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!