Halliburton

www.halliburton.com
Employer Engaged

Good Company

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

everything was great there. Good people, good learning.

Cons

being at the bottom means you're the first to go

nohing

A great company to work for

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

Very talented software professionals . Challenging project
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

Too little flexibility with processes

Some drawbacks, but a great place to work

Former Employee - Principal Technical Professional-mechanical in Duncan, OK
    Former Employee - Principal Technical Professional-mechanical in Duncan, OK

I worked at Halliburton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Though not paid wonderfully compared to the national average for my education and experience, for the area the compensation was excellent. Until the organization goes through a management change (every few years), the message from management on what to focus on stays relatively constant. The local management was quite flexible for personal needs .I was given the leeway to get done what needed to get done.

Cons

As with any company in the oil industry, it is cyclical and at times goes through massive layoffs to decrease cost when money is tight. Sometimes the design teams and field personnel are resistant to change even when introducing cost efficiencies into the program.

Associate Technical Professional

Current Employee - ATP
    Current Employee - ATP

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Extremely safe, great benefits, lots of opportunity for advancement, good job security, invests a lot into your education and experience.

Cons

A lot of departments seem to have a clique type atmosphere within themselves which doesn't promote teamwork the way they should.

Work on not having cliques within departments, and promote more team building activities.

Very disappointing experience, disheartening, too much office politics. Is this high school again?

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

Flexible hours (so long as you don't let Supervisor/Manager make you feel guilty for leaving after nine or ten plus hours. Great benefits of health insurance.

Cons

Only Management gets bonuses - nothing is passed down to employees.
    Mid-management lacks people skills. If you aren't one of the "chosen" favorites by Supervisor/Manager, your work is unappreciated and you WILL be thrown under the bus to other departments and Business Unit Managers. Too much favoritism which means opportunities are not available to everyone - just the "chosen". Not everyone held accountable for responsibilities, policies, procedures. This practice is very obvious but very tolerated. If you rock the boat it makes it worse for you.

Provide an outlet for employees to review Supervisors/Managers to get the REAL story about how employees feel. Just because the numbers are good and bonuses are being made for upper management doesn't mean the work force is happy or appreciated. Too many people have been there for too long and have no incentive or encouragement to change or become better LEADERS.

Everyone is a victim waiting to happen.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Halliburton

Pros

None worth mentioning. I've actively told people interested to not apply.

Cons

No respect for tenure, skill, work ethic, or importance to the company. Misogynists - even the women. Managers tell lies. No structure. Don't stand up to the company's lack of ethics or you're "reduced in force".

Throw away your entire systems, upper management. Keep the minions. Start over. Honor contract status.

Halliburton Job Environment

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company treats its employees fairly.

Cons

have not found any yet

Improve communication channels at all levels of the organization

Halliburton review

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

They offer good pay for very little experience, and in most cases they are willing to train you and pay for training. They also offer good benefits for myself and family.

Cons

There is a lot of overtime, and I worked one hundred and twelve hours per week on average. There isn't enough structure.

Great pay but poor management and too much bullying.

Current Employee - Frac Operator Assistant I in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Frac Operator Assistant I in Odessa, TX

I have been working at Halliburton

Pros

The pay is great if you work lots of overtime. I came in with a college degree, no experience and I got $15.50 an hour, although it sounds like a low wage it adds up when you work 120 plus hours a week with perdium. Monthly I average $4,200 on small paychecks to $5,600 on big check months, and annually it averages over $90k. We have a 14 on, 7 off schedule and alternate night shift and day shifts. It is the easiest job I have ever had, hands down. We get paid to travel to and from location and the actual physical part of the job is simple for any guy big or small in stature. The weeks off are unpaid but they fly by quickly. When you are in your 14 days, you do nothing but work, there is no going home leisure time. It's a good job if all you wanna do is work constantly. The insurance is top notch as well, along with 401k and stock.

Cons

Although the pay is great and you can take care of most debt quickly, the time away from home is what gets most workers to quit. Turn over at this company is ridiculous, and after a year at the job I see it and don't want to be apart of it anymore (that's why I'm on here looking for new jobs). It's a complete gamble if you get put on a good crew with people you can get along with, if you don't get along with some guys then it can make the job miserable. I've read some other reviews on here and it seems like a common thing for red hats to disrespect green hats, no matter what college experience nor military background you have. It's very childish and high school like attitudes on most crews, too much testosterone can cause frustration in the work field. Everyone wants to tell you how to do the job their way and it always conflicts every other person. The lack of communication is terrible and downright dangerous to new guys, yet the managers take no action on this problem. When going through training we had no idea of what the next step was for us, making it impossible to plan ahead for moving your family if needed. Halliburton does not lay off employees too often (they are currently now due to the oil prices) but they will fire you for the smallest things and unfairly keep someone else they like who did the same mistake. It's a favoritism game out here, lots of rules broken by management and you can't do anything about it. They have missed hundreds of dollars on my paycheck multiple times and they take weeks to give back pay. And worst of all is the time away from home, you only get one week out of the month to be home. You miss kids growing up and can't come home immediately if anything happens. The money is not worth the pain of missing family, especially when you get disrespected and treated poorly by management. The money is great but the people that work here are very difficult to deal with (yes, I get along with everyone else outside of this job, I'm a Christrian man who has respect for others).

Get some better management skills and teach new employees properly without belittling them. Don't allow red hats to disrespect new guys, jokes are fine but downright bullying is unprofessional, if you see it then stop it, as it only causes problems and gets outta control. Be more clear on what to expect during the first months of training, don't hide important information from new employees (I was told to move then told to move to a new location after two months and already renting an apartment) it cost me hundreds because of this lack of information. Don't allow other workers to be so lazy and then make the others do extra work. If you work hard they continue to work you that hard without any benefits.

Worst job i have ever had!

Current Employee - Technical Professional - Mechanical in Homer City, PA
    Current Employee - Technical Professional - Mechanical in Homer City, PA

I have been working at Halliburton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The tasks are not difficult or back breaking. Its nothing more than a glorified jiffy lube that will quickly bore a real technician.

Cons

Everything your told is a bold face lie. There is always a major road block for promised pay raises & advancements.

STOP LIEING TO EMPLOYEES ABOUT THEIR LIVELY HOOD TO LINE YOUR OWN POCKETS!