Hallmark Aviation Services

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

3.1

Philip Huber

Great way to meet new people and learn more about everything.

Current Employee - Baggage  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Baggage in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefits, company party every year, lots overtime.

Cons

have to put up with lots bs

Terrible Management

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional company, good interview process, good coworkers, cheap parking($50/mo), good working conditions, and somewhat of an active job so I didn't feel lazy, lots of walking around.

Cons

Very long training process. From the day you get hired to the day you start working it takes about 3 months. They are a third party hiring contractor for airline companies so unfortunately if you have a complaint about your working conditions you can't just go to your manager at work, you must go through the company which makes things confusing. I lived far away from LAX (aprox. 60 min), as was almost everyone hired, the amount they made us drive to the office for unnecessary things was ridiculous. One time they asked me to drive over and when I got there, they didn't know why they had called me in the first place. Because they have so many employees, its not very personal, which doesn't help. I worked for Virgin Australia and absolutely hated it. The management team that Hallmark had put together was horrible. I was a good employee and always showed up early. They were rude, nosy (into your personal life), ignorant and just plain mean. And every employee working under them had the same complaints so I know I'm not being unfair. If you do get hired, refuse to work with Virgin Australia, you'll either quit or get fired within six months, which is why they're always looking to hire new people and never have enough staff. Mandatory health insurance as well. Horrible insurance and they take $5 from every hour you work so instead of making $16/hr you actually make $11. For an HMO by the way.

Hallmark itself was fantastic, but the management team at Virgin Australia made my work experience very unpleasant. The employees there are too afraid to say anything and frankly at this point have given up on working for the company altogether.

Good in general

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Supervisor was really friendly and supportive.

Cons

Company system was a little confusing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Airline Contracting Companies

Former Employee - CSA  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - CSA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun place to work! constantly meeting people of many different cultures and backgounds, Trainning in customer service and security for an airport iis a must. Satisfaction in having to meet deadlines ontime.

Cons

The lack of hearing you out when they already had make up their minds is disappointed regarding a clients complaint can be disturbing when they ask you what happen? And yet they only throught this out at you to make you look stupid, the treatment given is to punnished you intead of more professional approch , The length time invested is no match to the resoning of they giving up on you. Leave and Learn!

When you are not ready to believe in your employees please don't make them feel that you have their back , it doen’t work that way, please don’t give your word on what you cannot deliver. I thought I had aquired a family when I invested my loyalty to your company for almost 6 years of employment, and instead of being placed somewhere els (to the benefit of a doubt, like it was done with other that had commited worse mistakes than what I was getting charged of) , I've got the boot out... so disappointed and hurt. I know your success is due to the force of employees you give the oportunity to work for you, yet this is not a two way street, instead you make only money off of them, as a business.. I guess this the part I'd missed overall, and in a long run you missed out of a loyal, professional and dedicated person is.

Employee friendly

Current Employee - Check In Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Check In Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Medical & Dental benefits; work with you to get more hours, allow you to work multiple accounts; large, prestigious airlines

Cons

low pay, some airline accounts are only part time, some airline accounts are only full time

Good for Starting Career

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time

Pros

-Dynamic Working Environment
    -Decent starting pay, plus health care

Cons

-No real room for promotion other than picking up more hours
    -Sometimes over worked
    -Don't expect to have weekends off for a while
    -You have to pay $45 a month for parking

-Management is fine, this is a customer service position so unless that is what you are looking for, don't expect anything more from this job.

I work with an amazing team.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Staff is great. Great entry level position for those interested in entering the aviation industry.

Cons

Contracted with airlines which means little pay, no flight benefits, and you must bid on shifts according to priority. The higher the seniority, the better the shift option. Little to no advancement opportunities.

Help improve the cons.

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work at, with good work life balance

Cons

Pay is a little on the low side, but expected from the type of job/tasks requested to do

N/A

Customer Services Representative

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time

Pros

Handles most international Airlines in SFO, and paid parking.

Cons

conflict between direct hires and contracted company

Great first Airline job

Current Employee - CSA  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - CSA in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Hours, People, HR Staff, Pay is good. Able to move up depending on your Airline

Cons

Only one. Something is fishy with the way the healthcare funds are removed from pay. No free or even discount travel....

Please come up with a more straight forward way of printing healthcare payments on the checks. Its very very confusing. Also it would be nice to get even a discount for travel... i would be more then happy to pay into a fund like other airlines do to be able to travel free. Like Virgin America does. You pay so much every check and can fly on a few airlines. And some kinda Agreement with local LA MTA bus would be a nice thing also for employees who ride to work via train or bus.

Worked for Hallmark Aviation Services? Contribute to the Community!