Hallmark Aviation Services

Was a fun experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services

Pros

Well organized training system

Cons

Low salary and unstable hours

do not waste your time working here

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

no pros period. IT DOESNT EVEN WORTH 1 STAR. IT SHOULD BE IN NEGATIVE

Cons

partial to few. FAVORITISM! HR is good for nothing. No respect to their employees. Supervisors are rude, cruel, mean and very disrespectful to their employees. I had the worst time working there. i was always getting picked my 1 supervisor and my main head business manager wouldn't do anything about it because they are best friends. Because of their attitude employees don't last for that long they all find something better to do. IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED BY OTHERS THEN DONT MAKE MISTAKE TO WORK FOR HALLMARK AVIATION IN SFO.

Learn how to respect and stop it with that favoritism. Quit your attitude. Work as a team, their is something called "unity" which you should be working on. Stop hating people, don't fake smile. LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH.

Poor Management

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services

Pros

Fun environment, fun work colleagues

Cons

Very poor Management. Threatened to fire staff if not complying with wants of Management ( unfair requests that were not required by company) Covering for sick employees and asked to come in on short notice but when you needed time off they were not there for you. Very one way/one sided management.
    High turnover in this company.

Pull current Managers out and replace with competent staff.

Not really what it seems.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You meet a lot of great people from all walks of life. Learn about different cultures, places, food, etc. Constantly talking to customers and people throughout the airport (improved social skills). Very nice company gatherings. Okay travel benefits, depending on what airline you're assigned to. Might not get any at all though, depends.

Cons

No growth opportunities. You can spend 5 year doing the same position and not get a raise. It's a "just for now" job that turns into a "I've been here for too long" job. HR is useless, fires and replaces employees like nothing. Low pay and hours get cut frequently. Hourly wage supposably is $16 but they give you mandatory health insurance, even if youre already covered which is $4 almost $5 off of your hourly wage.

More incentives for your employee. They are the heart of the company make sure they feel like they are rather than them feeling like they're just holding a spot that can be filled by anyone at anytime.

Great Part time

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services

Pros

Good for those seeking part time

Cons

Little opportunity to grow and no pay raises no assistance with parking permits

Great way to meet new people and learn more about everything.

Current Employee - Baggage in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Baggage in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits, company party every year, lots overtime.

Cons

have to put up with lots bs

Good in general

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Supervisor was really friendly and supportive.

Cons

Company system was a little confusing

Terrible Management

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Professional company, good interview process, good coworkers, cheap parking($50/mo), good working conditions, and somewhat of an active job so I didn't feel lazy, lots of walking around.

Cons

Very long training process. From the day you get hired to the day you start working it takes about 3 months. They are a third party hiring contractor for airline companies so unfortunately if you have a complaint about your working conditions you can't just go to your manager at work, you must go through the company which makes things confusing. I lived far away from LAX (aprox. 60 min), as was almost everyone hired, the amount they made us drive to the office for unnecessary things was ridiculous. One time they asked me to drive over and when I got there, they didn't know why they had called me in the first place. Because they have so many employees, its not very personal, which doesn't help. I worked for Virgin Australia and absolutely hated it. The management team that Hallmark had put together was horrible. I was a good employee and always showed up early. They were rude, nosy (into your personal life), ignorant and just plain mean. And every employee working under them had the same complaints so I know I'm not being unfair. If you do get hired, refuse to work with Virgin Australia, you'll either quit or get fired within six months, which is why they're always looking to hire new people and never have enough staff. Mandatory health insurance as well. Horrible insurance and they take $5 from every hour you work so instead of making $16/hr you actually make $11. For an HMO by the way.

Hallmark itself was fantastic, but the management team at Virgin Australia made my work experience very unpleasant. The employees there are too afraid to say anything and frankly at this point have given up on working for the company altogether.

Airline Contracting Companies

Former Employee - CSA in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - CSA in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work! constantly meeting people of many different cultures and backgounds, Trainning in customer service and security for an airport iis a must. Satisfaction in having to meet deadlines ontime.

Cons

The lack of hearing you out when they already had make up their minds is disappointed regarding a clients complaint can be disturbing when they ask you what happen? And yet they only throught this out at you to make you look stupid, the treatment given is to punnished you intead of more professional approch , The length time invested is no match to the resoning of they giving up on you. Leave and Learn!

When you are not ready to believe in your employees please don't make them feel that you have their back , it doen’t work that way, please don’t give your word on what you cannot deliver. I thought I had aquired a family when I invested my loyalty to your company for almost 6 years of employment, and instead of being placed somewhere els (to the benefit of a doubt, like it was done with other that had commited worse mistakes than what I was getting charged of) , I've got the boot out... so disappointed and hurt. I know your success is due to the force of employees you give the oportunity to work for you, yet this is not a two way street, instead you make only money off of them, as a business.. I guess this the part I'd missed overall, and in a long run you missed out of a loyal, professional and dedicated person is.

Employee friendly

Current Employee - Check In Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Check In Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Aviation Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Medical & Dental benefits; work with you to get more hours, allow you to work multiple accounts; large, prestigious airlines

Cons

low pay, some airline accounts are only part time, some airline accounts are only full time