Hallmark Health

Hallmark Health Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael V. Sack

Salary not competitive, but great quality of life

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hallmark Health

ProsI work with dedicated and caring staff
Free parking
Benefits are competitive-especially compensation for going back to school
Very patient centered being a community hospital

ConsPay rate is not competitive for the area and raises do not occur annually or based on merit, but rather when they can afford to give them
Some of the staff/Drs are not well versed in EBP

Advice to Senior ManagementI find my immediate leadership often goes to bat for the staff, but in the end they often lose out to the higher ups. This is especially true with staffing, and it always comes back to bite us when they eliminate these positions.

It has been a great experience for me, and they have been very accommodating with my schedule.

Register Nurse - Per Diem (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hallmark Health

Prosfriendly co-workers, competative pay (for the northshore), great doctors (without residents running around), i am working with some of my best friends

Consthe off site parking with shuttle buses to the hospital, it is hard to get some of the older doctors to comply with the order entry system

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be sure to support your staff in good times and bad times and let them know when they go above and beyond in their job

Melrose-Wakefield Hospital, RN

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hallmark Health

ProsThe employees on the floor I look at are very friendly and the per diem pay is good.

ConsYou have to park offsite for the day shift on weekdays and take the shuttle.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just started working here last month, so I don't know.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hallmark Healthcare works for a basic job, not a career.

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
Auburn, CA

I have been working at Hallmark Health

ProsHallmark provides pay and benefits that are average for the area. Daily patient care is as expected at 80% billable productivity which is common in our area but often difficult to meet honestly. The caseload fluctuates and you are not allowed to stay late without prior authorization but you are expected to leave early without pay when the caseload is low. They are agreeable to bringing in outside per diem help when busy which helps with the stressful feelings when you are told to compete your temporarily high patient care load within the daily time limits by cutting back on individual time spent per patient. They are conveniently located to my home. Payroll is usually accurate and on time.

ConsThe biggest problem is unfairness in promotions, lack of loyalty to their existing employees, and apparent discrepancies in salaries, benefits and bonuses. I particularly dislike how fair or good per diem employees who have worked for months or years are not given work in favor of new per diem people who are friends of the manager. And how outside employees are recruited with huge bonuses yet existing employees are given very small (2%) raises and not allowed to increase hours (at regular pay, not overtime), yet are expected to go home early when the caseload is low without pay. Also, daily scheduled breaks and lunches are applied inconsistently between managers. And 6 hour employees are required to take lunch break when neither the state nor the caseload require it. Different buildings receive different benefits of free lunches, free work shirts or lab coats and my building does not or rarely, yet I think it is a benefit. Outside educational classes may be paid to some employees but there is no known policy and nothing has been paid to me in three and a half years.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your existing employees and provide them promotions rather than paying huge bonuses to outsiders who are unknowns and often less than competent people. Treat your own employees fairly and train them well. Promote training and education to encourage excitement in patient care, including best practices and discussions between therapists of problem patients or conditions. (and reading basic information on the computer as only part of your educational program).

At the interview Ask for company policy and Procedures for your Department

Aurora, IL

ProsBenefits, Atmosphere, Location, Convenience
Some of the people are nice

ConsIt to Structured no time to breath. Poor coaching It’s not training its interrogation. You are belittled by supervisor coments. Favoritism to younger employees. No understanding of employees skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay Attention to your co-workers and how there supervisor and management are treating them. Suprv. and Mgnts have a code of Ethics they do not follow.

Interview was what I expected with usual tell me when questions..

I have been working at Hallmark Health

ProsStaff that I know who work there are very happy.

ConsLeadership roles have changed several times, I heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be honest with staff and share reasons why changes are needed.

Worked for Hallmark Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hallmark Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hallmark Health CEO Michael V. Sack. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Hallmark Health employees.