Hamilton Beach

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gregory H. Trepp

Good company, solid work if not a bit conservative

ProsCo-workers are top notch but some managers are a little too tightly wound.

ConsBudgets and resources are too tight for some departments while other groups get a ton of funding. It's not terribly balanced.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit your priorities, scale down compensation for some folks and raise pay for the REAL work horses.

Customer Operations Department needs NEW MANAGEMENT

Customer Replenishment (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great. Senior Management is good. Pay and benefits are good. Has a small company feel with Big company benefits.

ConsThere is way too much favoritism and one side behavior. Do not question or disagree with management in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview and Rethink COPS Management

My time at Hamilton Beach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHamilton Beach had good co-workers, training opportunities and a relax working environment.

ConsIT management was bias and cliquish, advancement was based on the buddy system.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone because they know what they were doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my almost 20 years with Hamilton Beach

Industrial Design (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsThe people were good to work with and I made life long friends with some.

ConsPoor management and favoritism based on who you are not what you do to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace management with someone who has new ideas and unbiased people skills?

Great Learning Experience

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood People, good facilities offered
    Good opportunity
    Employee oriented
    greart learning

ConsLAck of resources
    Lower pays than the industry average

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus and support Global strategy internally by garnering greater internal support and fostering growth through hiring internationals too.

Squeezes Blood from a Turnip

Strategic Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsGreat Consumer Centric Company which does the research to make sure products will sell.
    Great Engineering Minds
    Employees are Treated Well
    Richmond, VA is great for family oriented folks

ConsAppliance Industry is highly competitive yet not highly profitable; limited customer base.
    Richmond, VA is very boring for singles and anyone on the eccentric side

Advice to Senior ManagementMr.Trepp your ability to prevail in Shark teeming waters of the appliance industry is remarkable.

If you are not a senior manager, you are out of luck

Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsUsed to be a great place to work 12 years ago

ConsCorporate leadership is only out for their own bonuses. Don't care how many employees they put out of work to get it. If you are a senior manager you can get rich, if not it is only a matter of time. They senior management has NO vision what so ever, they turned a great engineering/conssumer products/innovation company and turned it into a shell

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking about your bonused and think about the long term viability of your business model

Friendly, professional atmosphere for a competitive industry and 'lean' company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glen Allen, VA

ProsAs with their products and processes, Hamilton Beach is constantly focused on improvement in the workplace. While it is impossible to please all the people all of the time, there is a communicated and visible effort to make it a great place to work, which is evidenced by employees with generally long tenures. One of the nicest benefits for our hard work are half-day Fridays in the summer (assuming you get in 40 hours of work during the week).

ConsIt is a competitive industry. Like many companies, and perhaps more so than most, Hamilton Beach must be very budget conscious. Dollars dictate some decisions more than seems healthy at times. Nice benefits are offset by below average compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with the goals of constant improvement and constant growth for both your employees and our products and Hamilton Beach will continue to be a healthy company going into its secondary century of business.

It has been a positive and financialy rewarding experience

Optional (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople are all a pleasure to work with. employees are dedicated

ConsDecisions oftentimes made from executive committee without empowering employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees power to impact the business in a positive manner

A challenging and fun place to come to work everyday. Salary and Benefits are competitive and location is great.

(Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThere is always opportunities to make a difference vs. the status quo. Leadership appreciates and rewards people who can make things happen with the consumer and our customers.

ConsTo much decision making authority is held at the top (Sr.Executives) of the organization which slows projects from hitting there timelines. Need to empower more senior managers, so that decisions will be made by people closer to the project which will increase our speed to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your people and they will make the best decisions.

Worked for Hamilton Beach? Contribute to the Community!