Hamilton Lane Advisors

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mario Giannini

Great experience, great culture, low comp

Analyst (Former Employee)

Pros- Great culture and people
    - Management makes an effort to truly know and care about employees
    - CEO, CIO are outstanding

Cons- Salary is disproportionately low for junior level
    - Recently revised compensation policies making it worse for lower level at the benefit of upper level

Advice to Senior ManagementRelatively small comp increases for junior level people to match the market can go a LONG way. Everything else is stellar.

Flexible environment, lacks career growth

ProsFlexible work environment
    Reasonable hours
    Access to management

ConsTrue career growth limited to few select individuals, lacking for most
    Managers don't seem interested in cultivating employees
    Managers out of touch with day-to-day assignments and roles
    Compensation is below market

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on cultivating employees by hiring managers who can and are willing to train their analysts and associates. Many employees are hungry to learn and grow (and become more valuable from a compensation standpoint) but get little opportunity to do so.

Intern Experience

Analyst (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsOccasional free food. Great workspace. Great people. Decent pay for interns. Pretty good car commute from the city.

ConsSmall company with office politics. Bala Cynwyd is not an optimal location for public transport from the city.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fund Investment Team Intern

Fund Investment Team Intern (Former Employee) Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsGreat team, constant flow of knowledge from seniors to the analysts.The company environment is great and one can really grow as a professional at this place.

ConsLac of responsibility was the only draw back as intern, there wasn't much time sensitive work required to be done.

Client Service Department

Client Service Analyst (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsAnalysts and Associates - Friendly, Smart and Helpful
    Vice President - The young one is very smart and knows what he's doing. Older gentlemen just walks around and annoys everyone.
    Free Lunch on Mondays
    Potential for a lot of growth for the COMPANY if they don't lose key people
    Human Resources - Awesome

ConsAnalysts and Associates aren't treated well by the older gentlemen VP.
    Little room to change roles.
    Had to get promoted - They always bring people from outside into Associate roles when Analysts should move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementWished the management could understand that you need to treat the analysts properly or they will all start looking for new jobs. (Most are and will leave the company) Why train them and have them stick around for a few years for them to move onto something else?

Working at HL

ProsHL provides great exposure to private equity as an analyst and exposure to senior management. Great learning opportunities and good work life balance

ConsSome things are quite process oriented which take away from efficiency. Being a small firm, opportunities for upward movement are not readily available. Benefits are below industry average

Fantastic Company

Associate (Former Employee)

Pros- Firm encourages you to be active and make an impact. Refreshing change, having come from an investment bank.
    - Intelligent and friendly people.
    - Senior personnel are very accessible to junior members of staff.
    - Share in revenue (in addition to yearly bonus) at the junior and admin level. Bonus structure fairly flat from year-to-year (good or bad thing, that's up to you), but to compensate most have received higher base salaries.
    - There are some firms who say that you're not required to stay late to do "face time" but you feel pressured to stay, but at this firm, as long as you do your work you can leave on time.

Cons- Very US-centric when it comes to benefits. Appreciate that the firm wants to be fair across all offices, but this may not be standard practice in other countries.

Smart, efficient people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a professional atmosphere at the company, and you have the opportunity to learn a lot. The senior staff seems very competent.

ConsNot a lot of entry-level openings outside of the Philadelphia office, but was really happy to have the opportunity to intern there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a very good experience with the leadership, but I was only with the company for about four months.

OK

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers are willing and able to teach and help. Easy going environment. Talented Associates.

ConsSenior Management is a wasted resource.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate wasted resources on senior managers and listen to associates who are more in tune with clients needs.

Worked for Hamilton Lane Advisors? Contribute to the Community!