Hamilton Medical Center

Hamilton Medical Center Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I was employed by Hamilton Medical Center for 10 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIndividual recognition for professional achievements, opportunities for advancement, competitive salary and great benefits. Clean and attractive facility to work in. Patient focused.

ConsThe organization's culture on environmental appearance can cause undue stress for managers and staff both. Limited recruiting area for professional staff. Meeting staffing requirements difficult in between the local college's annual graduation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase up some on the environmental appearance. The organization's culture in this area makes it rigid and stresses staff. Continue to develop sources from from which to recruit staff.

I learned true autonomy as a nurse.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsI learned alot while there. I was hired as a new nurse. I chose the renal floor. Im glad I did. I believe i developed great skills that will help me in my future as a nurse.

Consnurse to patient ratio is rediculous. They only think money and not aquity of patient load.

Advice to Senior Managementbase the staffing grid on aquity and not money. You would keep more nurses if you did this.

Good general hospital to work for, but has several limitations

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Dalton, GA

ProsHamilton Medical Center is a general hospital in a small town and the employees are generally long term as there isn't much competition in other places to work. Everyone knows everyone and you begin to feel like family. Pay is better than one hour north, but quite a bit less than an hour south.

ConsIt's all in who you know at Hamilton. If you are liked, you will advance quickly. Pay is average for this area, but the benefits have been steadily declining over the past few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff should be treated equally. Favored employees should not be treated differently. Steps should be taken to ensure that staff are treated well so that they are happy at their jobs.

Worked for Hamilton Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hamilton Medical Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Hamilton Medical Center employees.