Hamister Group Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
5 reviews filtered by
2.5
Mark Hamister

At first was amazed.. Then reality set it in real quick

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Hamister Group

Pros

They shock you with the wow factor. Negotiated salary. It looked very professional.

Cons

The wow factor wasn't worth a dime. The management took advantage of the staff. Had unreasonable goals. Agreed to certain criteria of position days off amount of hours to worked. None of those happened. And choose not to follow company standards to save $ that I am sure in the end will cost them 10 fold. Sad situation all the way around. Mark is arrogant, Jack who I have the upmost respect for promised no one would be set up to fail. But we all were because of Marks "disability" witch he openly admits is inpatients. Incredible

Advice to Management

If your gonna do the right thing for the right reasons might want to spend a lot more time figuring out what the right thing is. Before making rash inpatient decessions that only confuse, upset, hard working people who want to do a good job.

Very poor run management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Hamister Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hamister didnt have the finances to buy the Sabres and the NF project fell through.

Cons

If you are "in" with Hamister or Turesky, you are golden, otherwise, you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Replace your managament team.

Poor treatment of workers, nepotism, no job security

I worked at Hamister Group full-time

Pros

If you work in corporate it will look good on a future résumé because the local community knows Mark's reputation as a tyrant, hotel discounts

Cons

Pay, dealing with the owner and his family, unrealistic goals, c-suite has little clue about modern work places, culture of spying and backstabbing, no job security.

Advice to Management

Retire

Great Clients, Horrible management

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Potsdam, NY
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Potsdam, NY

I worked at Hamister Group

Pros

The ability to work by yourself and to interact with different people.

Cons

Wage is just above minimum wage. Hours are awful and the management and schedulers treat you like you are garbage. Even though gas was supposed to be reimbursed there were always loopholes so they would be able to get out of reimbursing you. I only took the job to gain experiencing while finishing nursing school but it made me question whether or not I wanted to be in this field until I realized it was just this company. They are also owned by choice hotels and treat taking car of people like selling cars. There is no regard for the safety of the clients or what is best for them. If you bring up that you feel that it is unsafe for the elderly client to continue to live alone in their home you will be brushed off because its more about the bottom line then about the actual care.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the aides as if they are beneath you. They are actually the ones doing the care that you are billing for. Also the gossip that goes on in these offices is shameful.

Good company

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Hamister Group

Pros

Well organized company, great recruitment department

Cons

Sales leadership could be better