Hamister Group Reviews

Good company

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Hamister Group

Pros

Well organized company, great recruitment department

Cons

Sales leadership could be better

Bad to the core

Current Employee - Director  in  Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Director in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Hamister Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, hotel discount, patients - there are no more pros to fill the 20 word minimum. It's an awful company of cons and liars!

Cons

The whole management team are backstabbers, gossipers, lazy and steal the credit of your work for their own glory. They say honesty is a company value but you have to be a good liar to work for them.

Grow up. Respect your staff and fellow managers. Be consistent. The rules should apply to all at all times not just when you feel like enforcing it.

Poor treatment of workers, nepotism, no job security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Hamister Group full-time

Pros

If you work in corporate it will look good on a future résumé because the local community knows Mark's reputation as a tyrant, hotel discounts

Cons

Pay, dealing with the owner and his family, unrealistic goals, c-suite has little clue about modern work places, culture of spying and backstabbing, no job security.

Retire

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Clients, Horrible management

Former Employee - Home Health Aide  in  Potsdam, NY
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Potsdam, NY

I worked at Hamister Group

Pros

The ability to work by yourself and to interact with different people.

Cons

Wage is just above minimum wage. Hours are awful and the management and schedulers treat you like you are garbage. Even though gas was supposed to be reimbursed there were always loopholes so they would be able to get out of reimbursing you. I only took the job to gain experiencing while finishing nursing school but it made me question whether or not I wanted to be in this field until I realized it was just this company. They are also owned by choice hotels and treat taking car of people like selling cars. There is no regard for the safety of the clients or what is best for them. If you bring up that you feel that it is unsafe for the elderly client to continue to live alone in their home you will be brushed off because its more about the bottom line then about the actual care.

Stop treating the aides as if they are beneath you. They are actually the ones doing the care that you are billing for. Also the gossip that goes on in these offices is shameful.

Worked for Hamister Group? Contribute to the Community!