www.hampton-inn.com

Updated January 22, 2015
3.6

Hampton Inn President & CEO Hilton Worldwide Christopher J. Nassetta
Christopher J. Nassetta

Pros
  • The employee discount is nice but I never used it (in 9 reviews)

• You get to hone your customer service skills and have fun at the same time (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Being a franchise property there is very little room for advancement, partially due to the size of the franchise (in 9 reviews)

• No room for advancement or promotion, no full time employment (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Great management, kind of repetitive, enjoyable work environment.

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in San Angelo, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk in San Angelo, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My two managers were not only good managers, but good people. When I asked for more hours, they accommodated my request immediately.

Cons

Sometimes guests would be rude, but when you work in a job in dealing with the public, it's gonna happen. Job also got repetitive, but it was only a summer job, so it wasn't too bad.

Keep on being awesome.

Great Company

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brand is very supportive and will dot heir best to provide resources necessary to facilitate leadership at the hotel level.

Cons

Technology support was always a issue. Took long to resolve tech related issues and it was always hard to understand the foreign representative on the other end.

Do all you can to succeed!

The team is great, management needs work on listening to the employees.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Have enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with guests. My co-workers are the ones that keep me going. Discounts for traveling is nice.

Cons

Shifts vary, could go from night shift to morning shift the next day. Not much help from management when we are busy. Sometimes maintenance fails to communicate things that are put out of order and could affect the guests (ie the pool is down for cleaning). No true breaks at the front desk, just have to eat when you can and you will get interrupted.

Ask employees what they would like to see. Breaks to get off our feet would be nice, or a stool to lean on. Having maintenance at night so when guests complain about hvac not working or a clogged toilet, the front desk doesn't have to try to fix it or move the guest rooms.

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Front Desk in Richmond, KY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales and Front Desk in Richmond, KY

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Loved taking care of people to ensure a delightful stay; met lots of nice people; am given freedom to do my work (no micromanagement); love the people I work with.

Cons

No room for upward mobility or pay advancement, no holidays off unless without pay

Reward employees for work well done and dedication.

Operated a hotel through the use of Hilton's OnQ information system and paper files kept at desk.

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Hudson, FL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Hudson, FL

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hampton Inn is a part of the Hilton brand of hotels. Their rewards points system brought a lot of repeat customers and they were always satisfied.

Cons

Midnight to 8am hours are not for everybody.

Consider changing the rotation to 10pm-6am for overnights, 6am-2pm for morning shift, and 2pm-10pm for afternoon shift. This would make it easier for the overnight employee sleep before the sun rises.

My experience with this company enlighted my customer service skills and abilities to retain customers.

Former Employee - Rooms Division Manager in College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Rooms Division Manager in College Station, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The best things about working there was meeting new people everyday, providing a enviorment condusive for work and pleasure most of all guest/customer comments that the experience of their stay is why they keep returning.

Cons

I took over a position of a person that did not insure quality of hotel stay for the guest/customer. What was previous provided to the guest/customer was substandard that what should be expected for retaining guest/customer.

Interact daily with all staff and encourage ideas for improvement.

I just love to work with people everyday.

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Collierville, TN
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Collierville, TN

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interaction with all sorts of people.

Cons

Some guests you get to know on a personal level and it is sad to see them leave

Treat everyone equally and fairly

Easy Pay

Current Employee - Hampton Inn
    Current Employee - Hampton Inn

I have been working at Hampton Inn

Pros

You have a check list that is the same everyday. As long as you can read you can do your job well. 7-3 shifts are great because you still have most of your day when you get off. Allows me to have 2 jobs. Everyone is friendly. You have lots of empowerment with guest reservations and their satisfaction. PTO even for part time employees. Not sure if its a pro or con: you get extra PTO instead of time and a half for holiday pay.

Cons

Mystery Shoppers. Low hourly wages. Policies are followed on a case by case basis and not every guest held to same standard as another, which can get confusing and then guests get mad with inconsistencies.

At my property i feel like they do well with what they have. The area seems difficult to get reliable entry level positions filled.

Stay or Go?

Former Employee - General Manager in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - General Manager in Conway, AR

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a Brand Hampton has to be by far the Best with all the support offered to employees it allows any employee the opportunity to grow professional. I am grateful for the experience I received working at a Hampton Inn.

Cons

The biggest issue I found was with ownership and the constant battle over following how the owners wanted things done and being able to follow brand standard. Compensation for the job done wasn't acceptable.

setting boundaries is a must with this particular company and make sure compensation is given.

Independently owned company keeps giving...

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in League City, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in League City, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are intelligent they will stack work experience.

Cons

If you are intelligent they will stack work load without compensation.

Keep smart employees for return clients.

Hampton Inn Photos