Hampton Inn Reviews

239 reviews filtered by

1. Burn out is 100% guaranteed, only apply at Hampton inn if you're desperate

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Hampton Inn (more than 3 years)

Pros

clocking out! (best part), meeting and getting to know guests, I perfected customer service skills, I learned how to survive with toxic people and coworkers, Day shift hours are pretty good, very few "pros" with that job

Cons

they didn't maintain the property adequately, time off was discouraged, zero -0- benefits, slave driven, low pay, not valued or appreciated, gossip factory, the entire job = CON, manager would call you at -home- to fuss, very unprofessional atmosphere, at my property they always pointed fingers/blamed whoever they didn't like, property owner was the definition of "toxic boss," possible bed bug contact!

Attention q.a. Inspectors: an anonymous interview for employee satisfaction would be nice. and have that count toward inspection score. Mandatory one week off each year would have been a dream. Please Just Help! 24/7 365 is a death sentence for these skeleton crews.

2. A typical branded hotel from hourly to management.

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Presque Isle, ME
    Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Presque Isle, ME

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the management company, this brand can be a very good brand. The pay, at least within management/supervisors, can be competitive. Again, depending on the owners and management company.
    Hourly is your typical entry level job depending on the area. Can also be competitive.

Employee perks are some of the best in the business compared to other hotel companies I've worked for, especially with the employee discount travel. Hilton takes complaints against management very seriously and from talking to others in hotels, they take their hourly employees seriously.

Cons

The only drawback is that often, the hotel, if mismanaged, can be a rotating door for hourly employees. And sometimes housekeeping can be very drama-heavy. Hours can be unfortunate for some desk people, because usually once you're assigned a shift (just like any other hotel), you're stuck in it. So, there is very little time that someone will swap a shift for you.

Compensation could be better for hourly employees and for management (again, depending on the management companies). Sometimes incentives to promote Hhonors and Catch Me At My Best are not exciting and tend to leave workers feeling less than enthusiastic each year.

3. Very friendly, prompt and great performance over all!

Current Employee - Reservations/Front Desk in Edinburgh, IN
    Current Employee - Reservations/Front Desk in Edinburgh, IN

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Meeting people from all walks of life, helping the quest feel as comfortable as possible away from there home surroundings.

Cons

Keeping your additude in check for uncontrolable situations that arise. Being able to push through with confident and working with a smile and making sure you stay calm for your quest in front of you.

My personal growth here has been continual. There is always something to be learned from every new quest that aproaches the front desk. Always be available to listen!

5. Fun Place to Work, not the best pay

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Always meeting new people, company operated pretty smoothly most of the time, paid vacations. Looking after a hotel and its guests can be a satisfying experience.

Cons

Was never talked to about performance/promotions. Hotels are always open and holidays can be pretty busy depending on location.

Talk to employees about their performance once in a while.

6. Guest Services Representative

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

An overall great company to work with to gain experience in the hospitality industry, greatly improved my customer service skills and made great connections with employees and guests alike.

Cons

Low pay, non-traditional hours, issues with hotel owner. Discounted hotel rooms was a great perk though!

Make an effort to get to know your employees and be present, stick to standards and do what you're supposed to do as an owner.

7. Great Place

Current Employee - Guest Relations & Sales in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Guest Relations & Sales in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great family-like atmosphere at my property, lots of training opportunities, room to mature as a professional. My GM was excellent, as well as my AGM and the Executive Housekeeper. I was given a lot of freedom, as an hourly employee, to make the hotel "mine" and invest my time/effort into making improvements where I saw fit.

Cons

Strange hours, poor compensation for responsibilities that you gain after receive training that go above & beyond your job description. This mainly, however, was due to the management company we were under as a franchise. We also experienced a lot of corporate instability due to change of ownership. Lots of turnover, but there were also employees who have stuck with the property for 20+ years.

Executive leadership should be more compassionate to management/hourly employees and in-tune to their properties.

Anything Goes

Former Employee - Non Management in Morrow, GA
    Former Employee - Non Management in Morrow, GA

I worked at Hampton Inn

Pros

No values, no leadership, no integrity.

Cons

Worst company to work for. No benefits, no recognition, too much drama between employees, GM had no leadership skills, Everyone could do whatever they wanted to do and if they don't like you, they will get rid of you with no warning. So unprofessional.

Give the employees a reason to come to work. Offer a retirement plan and a real health/dental plan. You hire them to work for you not slave for you.

9. I have felt that my time at the Hampton Inn Great Valley has been challenging and rewarding

Former Employee - General Manager in Frazer, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Frazer, PA

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best part about working with the Hampton Inn is that all employees are included and cared about.

Cons

Recruiting new staff members at the Hampton Inn is always a challenge.

10. The hampton inn and suites is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff is friendly and the guests are usually great

Cons

I wish the compensation would be a little more as i love the job

none

11. very professional family

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Caryville, TN
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Caryville, TN

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

employee rates, Christmas and birthday bonuses, rack rates

Cons

no insurance or 401k.. guests can be very unrealistic and rude

give us,employees, a fat bonus check each year

Hampton Inn Photos