Hampton Roads Bankshares

Hampton Roads Bankshares Reviews

1 Review
1.0
1 Review

Hampton Roads Bankshares President, CEO, and Director; CEO, Bank of Hampton Roads John A. B. (Andy) Davies
John A. B. (Andy) Davies

6 jobs in my professional career, this is by far the worst work environment of them all

Former Employee - Accountant in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Hampton Roads Bankshares full-time (less than an year)

Pros

not much that I can remember, pretty views from the building. they did pay for parking and either paid for your PPO or gave 500 towards your HSA.

Cons

the management team is attrocious, there is high school like drama everywhere. People backstab eachother, and talk about eachother behind their backs. I was given a day off that I had planned in advance by a step above my boss, and my BOSS, my adult BOSS now stopped talking to me in a friendly way or getting things off the printer (which she used to do before this) just to get back at me somehow. Didn't speak english well, and had an attitude that made everyone unhappy. Some of the other mid level mangers were lazy and incompetent, often leaving early or not showing up. The training I received when coming on board was close to zero, and then they had the audacity to complain when I asked questions. Peers complained to one another constantly and gossiped. I tried to keep my head down, and left 6 months later as soon as another opportunity came around.

change mid level management