Hancock Holding

Add Photos

Hancock Holding CEO, COO, and Director John M. Hairston

John M. Hairston

Hancock gets it done!!

Financial Services Associate II (Current Employee)
Destin, FL

I have been working at Hancock Holding full-time for more than a year

ProsQuick to handle situations that may arise. Great customer and associate service!! All services and products are offered in house and are serviced in house which creates an incredibly fast turnaround time.

ConsHancock Holding Company has been involved in takeovers and buyouts of several bank branches and elected to close multiple locations for cost saving effects which does not help with customer retention.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work in progress.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hancock Holding full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood people, great corporate culture and high integrity.

ConsWeak management information systems, inconsistent strategy and integration pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance pressure for revenue growth with commitment to a sound risk culture.

Ok to begin with, hope it gets better

Teller (Current Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Hancock Holding part-time for more than 3 years

Proshigh turnover rate resulting in many open management positions

Conscore culture is shifting heavly to selling and away from customer service

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Reliable company with opportunity for work-life balance in a challenging setting

Operational Risk Officer (Current Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Hancock Holding full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany with stability, integrity, work -life balance, on Forbes 100 most trusted companies, options for moving up and laterally, diverse culture; management challenges you to constantly improve

ConsStill in a post merger hangover with the org chart changing frequently and old and new processes running simultaneously; some locations have old facilities with old bathrooms, offices are segregated rather than open planned; Many locations and two headquarters, which can present logistic difficulties, depending on your job function.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should back the emphasis on personal accountability and rewarding people based on merit through a mandatory and consistent goal setting process across the company.

Most well-positioned financial institution prepared to take advantage of the upcoming economic surge of the Gulf Coast

Senior Vice President, Director of Loss Mitigation, Senior Credit Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hancock Holding full-time for more than a year

ProsGeographic coverage of one of the highest growth markets for the next ten years.

ConsInexperienced management team at Hancock, relying on outside consultants to guide strategic movements

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust internal staff, and hire other internal experts to help guide the company, stop relying on outside consultants. Your employees feel very un-empowered due to your extensive use of outside consultants.

Decent Place to Work

Admisitrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Hancock Holding

ProsStability. the bank has been around for a while and has a sound business model. Very friendly atmosphere. They do an excellent job in their role as a community bank and have a very good reputation in Louisiana and Mississippi. Their community bankers and commercial lenders are very involved in the community (particularly in organizations like Kiwanis and Rotary). For a community bank, Hancock is very well-capitalized. Working conditions are good. Everyone I knew in various MS and LA locations were gone by 5 or 6 everyday (speaking of corporate offices, not retail branches)

ConsIt's typical of a lot of companies with southern influences. "Good ole boy" managerial structure which makes advancement difficult for most. This might have been the case in my dept, but it is generally frowned upon to take time off that is given to you. In my dept, you were expected to be there between 8 and 5 and very little flexibility is given. Opportunities for internal advancement are generally given to those who "know people".

Advice to Senior ManagementMake advancement and internal hiring a little more transparent. A sure fire way to bleed off talent is to turn ones job into a dead end.

It's actually a nice place to work

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Hancock Holding

ProsIt's a financial institution with proven strenght and stability in this unsure market

ConsIt's a little stressful. More and more emphasis is being placed on cross selling and being a "one stop shop" for financial needs. Beginning to feel like a "jack of all trades and a master of none"

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at expectations of Branch Managers and see if they are really achievable.

Okay but could be much better

I have been working at Hancock Holding

ProsSense of community, bank customer leads, chances for career advancement

ConsLacks structured training, average benefits, lags in the technological area versus competition

good but they could use stronger managment in some depts.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hancock Holding

Prosgreat benefits package. Great opportunity working for a large regional bank. Growing and strong company. they do take good care of the empolyees and are loyal to employees.

Consmiddle mgt is week in some areas. Sometimes slow to react to problems before they get out of hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnreasonalble goals set for empolyees to reach. Need to set more obtainable goals that at least 70 to 80 percent of employees can reach each year. It would be a positve and increase moral. There is no point in setting goals that our out of reach. They tend to mean nothing at that point to the employee. They start off knowing there is no way to make it. This causes undo stress also.

It was EYE opening

Bank Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hancock Holding

ProsThe Employee are the best that they hire for the job.

ConsHancock Holding was a great place to work, but the work enviroment was stressful. The company also didnt have a balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it a more stress free enviroment

Worked for Hancock Holding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hancock Holding reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hancock Holding CEO John M. Hairston. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Hancock Holding employees.