Hanesbrands

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hanesbrands CEO and Director Rich Noll

Rich Noll

Pros:
  • "Pretty good work life balance depending on your manager"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great people, summer hours (4 10-hour days), big brands, decent office"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Lack of communication between upper management and employees"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Senior management view of employees"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience, with opportunities to develop and launch new products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsOpportunities for growth and movement across many types of businesses. Innovation work and cross functional team management training is strong

ConsSome small town challenges infiltrate corporate offices which can lead to confusion about personal vs. professional relationships.

IT management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOver the years, I did work for some good managers who appreciated my efforts. Restructuring on a regular basis usually meant ending up under a manager who lacked knowledge of a particular systems area, making it more difficult to get the work done. It was ridiculous having to train your boss every year or so when a restructuring occurred.

ConsI went through at least 5 restructures, and ended up training my boss each time. IT promoted or moved people that did not challenge ideas or projects, typical 'yes' men. SOP's were the top drivers of getting projects done, without any regard as to the cost or value of the project. This was especially the case in the Underwear division. The CIO consistently attached himself to high profile projects, while his little fat buddy underling kept tabs on his enemies. I've heard this has changed somewhat, but still goes on in some areas. The CIO was a skirt chasing womanizer, while his smoking buddy underling spied on everyone in the group through cronies if his own. Ridiculous assignments were dolled out, but you were expected to comply so that the managers made their SOP. When I questioned them, I was bullied and threaten with reprisals. Once during an employee survey, our IT director was rated lowest in the company, but is still working there from what I've been told. Instead of improving the conditions and relationships, he went on a witch hunt for those responsible for rating him so low.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your educated, skilled employees and stamp out the cronies. Stop letting SOP's be the driving force for projects, and use common sense. Get rid of the politics, and pay attention to your own surveys. It's a sad day when a once thriving company is brought down by a bunch of womanizing butt-licking yes men.

Highest Quality products to represent. Innovative brands, Industry leader.

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    Bowie, MD

ProsFlexibility in work schedule/hours, decent pay

ConsNot much room for advancement
    No company car
    Limited product samples

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and benefits

Director Level (Current Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGood work/life balance, good benefits. Beautiful office campus with a lake and walking trails, free clinic on site and a workout gym. Nice people work here for the most part.

ConsSmall cubicles for office space allows for little privacy, but I've gotten used to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Listen to employees

Great company to work for; company cares about employees and your success.

Pros401K started for you at point of hire. Great company values. Fun customer service experience.

ConsNo downsides from working for this company.

Great

ProsGood money. Good hours yea

ConsWorks around a lot of holidays

Great people Great benefits

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGreat people to work with. Opportunity for growth and training that smaller companies don't offer.

ConsVery corporate atmosphere. Known for having layoffs.

My Three Years at Hanes Could Have Been Better, But I Did Gain Experience

Third Key Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsIf you work at a regular store, and not a megastore, you have a small staff, so you become like family. You can also receive a quarterly bonus if your store makes target or maximum sales goals. You can promote to a low management position quickly.

ConsLow starting salary, high turn-over, not enough openings for store management positions, distance between other locations. Also, you and your staff are responsible for small odd-jobs, for which you do not receive compensation (repairing light fixtures, etc.). You do not receive holiday pay unless you are a full-time employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer holiday pay, make promotions more attainable, and offer a better starting wage.

Good learning experience working at an apparel leader, but skeleton staff and limited resources make it difficult.

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsResults oriented company with high performing stock

ConsMandatory summer hours and winter break requiring employees to take a week of vacation between Christmas and New Year.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in appropriate resources to avoid diminishing returns that result from overloading employees.

Working at Hanes is a great job

Third Key (Current Employee)
    Castle Rock, CO

ProsMonthy sales bonuses if you make store goals. Open communication with management. 401k with company contribution.

ConsThird keys don't get many benefits. No paid vacation unless you're upper management.

Worked for Hanesbrands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanesbrands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanesbrands CEO Rich Noll. All 94 reviews posted anonymously by Hanesbrands employees.