Hanger

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar

Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

• Employee bonus program has been stripped of any incentive (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Biggest O&P clinic within the United States

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsInvest in employers to keep up with the latest changes within the O&P healthcare market. Many workers invest enthusiastically in meeting the goals of aiding patients.

ConsOpportunities to increase in position and personal growth limited and can be transferred to other offices any time. Sometimes feels more about meeting the monthly quota than supplying proper needs for patients.

Former member of the Finance Organization

Director Finance (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsGood overall company to work for. Very employee and family friendly. OK benefits.
    The employees of Hanger are great and care about the company!

ConsCareer planning is not a strength of Hanger. You can become stagnant if you do not express your professional desires. Not a real dedication to employee education

Advice to Senior ManagementMore defined career paths would improve employee commitment to the organization during the lean times

Good company

ProsEducation and advancement opportunity. Helping people.

ConsNot many cons really enjoy working for the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Office Administrator/Mastectomy Fitter

Office Administrator (Current Employee)

ProsHanger does have some advancements, I was offered to take on the role clinician role They are very flexible with your request specially having a family to take care of they become some what family

ConsOccasionally there's bonus but they will squeeze out their money out off you

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more of an employee advocate, share interest in them (don't pretend to care) specially when they have been making the wheels move and are part of a very large machine.

Technician

Technician (Former Employee)

ProsCompany had a noble cause but that seems to be about it. It's run like a small business.

ConsPoor management skills and communication. Hardly ever see or meet anyone outside of your office. Management doesn't care about you. Period. Poor ventilation in labs. Cheap harbor freight tools. Not looking to promote within.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit yelling and just talk like we are human.

Worst Mistake of my life

IT (Former Employee)

ProsThey hire good talent, lots of friendly people

ConsManagement has no clue how to manage a company much less it's employees. Most people in the IT department leave with in the first year. You are also graded on what you did wrong and not what you have done right. There was also quite a bit of in fighting between the different groups and organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit, find someone who can communicate with ALL the employees, Find managers willing to stand up for their employees, and don't fire the ones that do. Also talk to the recruiters trying to fill the open heads, Hanger has a bad reputation.

Top level management of Hanger Clinic needs to be evaluated.

Orthotist & Prosthetist/Practice Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLarge company with span from east to west coast. Good core values. Great education fair. Good support for the administrative and clinic staff.

ConsStrong focus on top line but no focus on employee advancement or retention. Strong movement towards less educated practitioners to reduce compensation and effect the bottom line. Employee bonus program has been stripped of any incentive. Human resource department does little to support employees. Little marketing support.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop level management should review the ethics and morals of the Zone Vice President level management. Alcoholism coupled with slandering fellow employees is not professional and a poor representation of the company as a whole. Leaders need to be held accountable for their actions and be held to the same standards as the employees. Hopefully, the new President of Hanger Clinic will evaluate and replace those that do not represent themselves as leaders or role models. A great company that needs a cleansing.

Company that cares about the bottom line, not employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you can look past the corporate issues, it is for a good cause; enjoyable people to work with; location of headquarters is in a nice area.

ConsUpper management willing to let their team work overtime/weekend instead of hiring more people; company reacts to threats and employees leaving instead of celebrating your successes by offering promotions and raises; very few opportunities to grow; consistently hiring outside of the company instead of growing individuals

Advice to Senior ManagementPossible positive change in the near future, however, the investments could have been made earlier and could have changed corporate culture. Be more proactive than reactive.

IT was ok

Office Administrator (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsSometimes you can have a good time if you dont mind doing other peoples job

ConsNo place to growth, they will hire someone else before offering you the next position if you are not a senior in the office

The worst 11 years of my non-existent career

Office Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsFree coffee & amazing patients

ConsSomeone that mopped floors for a college for 2 years gets paid more than me...

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company treats the actual money makers like second class trash. Your work ethic is not valued verbally or monetarily. Management will tell you flat out that you are worthless & work harder. If you threaten to make a complaint against management the manager tells you to shut up or corporate will crush you. My own manager said flat out "just because you've been an employee for a long time, know all the contracts, & can handle the heavy workload doesn't mean your management material". But the year before he was talking to his boss about getting my "paperwork" done to be promoted. 11 years of my life to hear that statement drove me to tears...in front of him. Management needs to listen to their employees a.k.a. The bottom feeders of the company b.k.a. Office administrators. You get surveys to speak your opinion. How come no one can see their employee evaluation? You can log in but it's blank? Why is the open door policy not available outside of the office? Why does my manager who was grandfathered in to be a manager decide my career goals...when he has no goals for me but to work as a legal paid slave? Lies of advancement, lack of proper (and legal) management, & "boys club" behavior is what drove me away. After a while you get offended as being referred to as "cheap" labor.

Worked for Hanger? Contribute to the Community!