Hanger

Updated February 27, 2015
2.5

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

My Time With Hanger

Former Employee - Orthotist/Prosthetist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Orthotist/Prosthetist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

Lots of good experience with a wide range of patient presentations. Good experience depth as a company, to collaborate and learn multiple techniques for any given clinical problem. Good continuing education experience.

Cons

Had a tendency to be dollar driven, at the ultimate expense of the patient, practitioner, and office administration. A balance can be found but can be a challenging environment.

Sales

I have been working at Hanger

Pros

Lots of involvement in patient care.

Cons

Not a lot of sales guidance from senior level. That is changing but it is a slow process

Enjoyable and rewarding

I have been working at Hanger

Pros

It's enjoyable to help and see patients regain their mobility. Overall, I'm impressed with the employees, and management is responsive to improvements when appropriate. Benefits are good and getting even better.

Cons

Not many cons to working here. Not sure how the pay compares to other companies?

Billing personnel

Former Employee - Biller in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Biller in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees and the mission. That's about it.sorry,really don't have 20 words of good...

Cons

Horrible management, craps salary,no advancement,too much of a higher up buddy system.if you're not a buddy,you go nowhere.waste of time.don't drink the koolaid.

Bad experience

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Hanger

Pros

Small office - relatively quiet

Cons

Constant interference from Corporate and too many lengthy conference calls. Too many chiefs.

Treat the little guy better - they do all the work.

All I want for new years is a new Ceo

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good mission and good people.

Cons

Ceo, financial teams are overworked and understaffed, lack of financial systems

Advice to the board - this experiment is over. It is time for an established Ceo before the company is beyond repair and more key people leave or retire early.

Internet: Mr. Vinit K. Asar has been the Chief Executive Officer and President of Hanger Orthopedic Group Inc. (known as Hanger, Inc.) since May 21, 2012 and September 12, 2011 respectively. Mr. Asar served as the President of Hanger Orthopedic Group from September 12, 2011 to May 21, 2012. He also served as Chief Growth Officer of Hanger Orthopedic Group since December 2008. He served as an Executive Vice President of Hanger Orthopedic Group Inc. from December 2008 to September 12, 2011. He has nearly 20 years of extensive global experience developing new health product and service businesses and growing existing organizations, both organically and through acquisitions.

What has the Ceo accomplished?

As the Cgo, started 3 businesses and all of them cost the company millions and all failed. As the Coo, was responsible for the finances, investments, budgets, direction of the company - how is Hanger in this position with the Sec, Sox, auditors, delayed company earnings? Since becoming the Ceo the company has missed 7 of 9 quarters. The company missed 1 quarter in the previous 5 years. The company has delayed its earnings announcements every quarter this year and the third quarter earnings announcement has not be scheduled. The board is being systematically replaced including the founder of the company. The stock price has dropped from 40 to 20 and shareholder lawsuits have commenced. When is enough, enough? Let the record speak for itself, it is time for a welcomed and positive change.

hanger

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours, work life balance was alright... a typical sales job. Work hard you can make good money, benefits are good.

Cons

management sucks, pay is not up to par, hanger clinic views themselves much better than the outside world. Great co-workers who will have the same complaints as you.

get a clue

Great people shaky leadership

Current Employee - BDM in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - BDM in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoy what we stand for. Not micro managed. Work hard but set your schedule

Cons

Janger is in transition and I'm am not sure the executive team has a clear strategy going forward.

Listen to the people in the market everyday speaking to real patients and hospitals. It does no good to lock executives that have backgrounds in other industries in a room and have them set the course for our future.

Depends on the office

Former Employee - Board Eligible Orthotist/Certified Pedorthist in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Board Eligible Orthotist/Certified Pedorthist in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are in aa good office, it is wonderful. You work as a team. You have meetings to discuss what is happening and how best to handle certain patients. People are supportive, helpful and cooperative.

Cons

If you are in the wrong office, none of that takes place. You become an independent contractor with no feeling of unity.

Show up at the office and see how the office functions or doesn't.

This is the worst job and leadership I ever had in my life!!!!! Go there only if you are desperate.

I worked at Hanger

Pros

Just to have an income I guess

Cons

Expect you to never make a mistake even if you only been on the job a few days. Dont care about patients or employees just money and numbers. Most of the staff were utter trash, and looked and carried themselves that way. Management were constantly speading employees private business amoung the company and to other employees. The list goes on, just a horrible place to be.

Replace yourself