Hanger

Updated December 4, 2014
2.3

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

This is the worst job and leadership I ever had in my life!!!!! Go there only if you are desperate.

I worked at Hanger

Pros

Just to have an income I guess

Cons

Expect you to never make a mistake even if you only been on the job a few days. Dont care about patients or employees just money and numbers. Most of the staff were utter trash, and looked and carried themselves that way. Management were constantly speading employees private business amoung the company and to other employees. The list goes on, just a horrible place to be.

Replace yourself

Just horrible

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Says I must enter 5 words.

Cons

Great company. Just Horrible corporate management

Fire the exec staff completely and hire people that actually care to do a great job with great people. Great leaders do not bully their employees; they cultivate and teach so that they become leaders.

WORST JOB EVER

I worked at Hanger full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay was okay nothing great.

Cons

WORSE TRAINING EVER- I was trained not even for one week and the management team expects you to learn everything even if you are new and have no clue what is going on in a busy office. They can care less about you as an employer, WORST STAFF AND CLINICIANS- very rude, heartless, and cold people, they say the lamest jokes, the clinicians were very unprofessional by throwing out F-Bombs and cursing like sailors. I was constantly getting yelled at by one of the clinicians due to petty mistakes ( EVEN IN FRONT OF PATIENTS) , belittled, and had sarcastic jokes about my performance implemented upon me. Sexual innuendos between male and female staff members made on a daily basis, very trashy place and hostile environment to work in.

Hire professionals with more substance to them as human beings. Pathetic that I had to experience working with bitter and heartless clinicians who have zero substance to them. I do not even think they were human beings, pigs have more substance as animals they they could ever have. Worst experience ever, worst job ever, disgusting!

Poor CEO Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company mission incredibly self rewarding, dedicated and loyal employee base, competitive salary, great corporate office environment.

Cons

The company lacks an experienced CEO that understands how to build a successful organization. Vinit Asar demonstrates a leadership style that demands respect, exercises manipulative tactics, conducts deceitful actions, and delivers a condescending experience with other leaders across the organization. After serving nearly six years of total service with the company, and the past three as president, he continues to fall short on fostering / building standards across all business lines and endorsing the effort (with action) to operate as a billion dollar organization. Vinit presents an impressive "Smoke and Mirrors" illusion with the Board of Directors, but the drastic drop in stock price since taking over as CEO, should present a realistic understanding of the true stat of the company. It's entertaining to hear the leadership team talk about "Strong Leaders" when they harbor a wink link at the top.
    As long as Vinit continues to be in the position as CEO at Hanger, they will never reach their full potential within the market space and hit projected profits as forecasted. How many missed quarters does it take and drop in stock price (almost 50%) before someone realizes the core problem.

BOD - don't take my word, conduct an investigation and poll the leadership population on Vinits value and lack of leadership integrity.

Advice to Vinit - you can't demand respect, you need to earn it. If you don't respect others how do you expect others to respect you?

Stay away

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Good salary range. Better than marker value

Cons

Bad management. Lots of politics

That stabbing pain you feel in your back....

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- The minions, outside of the executive wing, are overall good to work with. This may be analogous to all the folks below deck on a slave ship pitching in together, but still...
    - The products and services sold do make a difference in the lives of many.

Cons

- Raises and bonuses are laughable, when they are awarded at all.
    - Like more than a few companies these days, the delta between the pay of the working stiffs and that of the executive elite is mind boggling.
    - Annual trip to Las Vegas for Ed Fair is held in a dump casino, and even then, the commoners are expected to share rooms with other co-workers. Cheap? That's one way to put it.
    - Finance area does astronomical amount of work, on a monthly and quarterly basis, due to archaic accounting systems and practices.
    - Leaders of company much more likely to listen to high priced consultants, instead of the folks actually doing the work. Office Space? Most definitely.
    - Lot of managers that have only worked for Hanger. Translation: Lot of managers that don't have a clue about business.

Your stock just dropped 25%, due to the second quarter in a row that earnings were missed. On top of that, two consecutive annual audit misses? I guess my advice would be to freshen up your resumes; the BOD is watching.

Worst Mistake of my life

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

They hire good talent, lots of friendly people

Cons

Management has no clue how to manage a company much less it's employees. Most people in the IT department leave with in the first year. You are also graded on what you did wrong and not what you have done right. There was also quite a bit of in fighting between the different groups and organizations.

Quit, find someone who can communicate with ALL the employees, Find managers willing to stand up for their employees, and don't fire the ones that do. Also talk to the recruiters trying to fill the open heads, Hanger has a bad reputation.

Top level management of Hanger Clinic needs to be evaluated.

Current Employee - Orthotist & Prosthetist/Practice Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Orthotist & Prosthetist/Practice Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with span from east to west coast. Good core values. Great education fair. Good support for the administrative and clinic staff.

Cons

Strong focus on top line but no focus on employee advancement or retention. Strong movement towards less educated practitioners to reduce compensation and effect the bottom line. Employee bonus program has been stripped of any incentive. Human resource department does little to support employees. Little marketing support.

Top level management should review the ethics and morals of the Zone Vice President level management. Alcoholism coupled with slandering fellow employees is not professional and a poor representation of the company as a whole. Leaders need to be held accountable for their actions and be held to the same standards as the employees. Hopefully, the new President of Hanger Clinic will evaluate and replace those that do not represent themselves as leaders or role models. A great company that needs a cleansing.

"Raise the bar, lower the pay" Theme

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is for a good cause. The commute is easy. Job security for those who keep quiet and look busy, even those that are incompetent. Benefits are so-so.

Cons

Low pay, bonuses are cut regularly, and promotion are so rare that sideways moves are repeatedly, publicly celebrated and called promotions. Corporate employees are not supposed to work VO, except on the weekends and after hours, because "it is proven that employees dont work as much from home". No trust between management and employees. The pettiness, cronyism, and lack of flexability, all wrapped up in an ugly red tape bow, are enough to run off most Austinites.

Trust goes both ways or not at all.

I would say 50% negative, 50% positive. I was there long enough to have been given a better deal, but alas, I was not.

Former Employee - Office Administrator
    Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours were good, and it was relatively close to home. I was able to either walk there or take trains.

Cons

Management was very negative, overbearing and extremely judgemental. Played favorites all over the place. I also feel that you are not allowed the opportunity to defend your point or speak up for yourself. It is put up or shut up with Hanger.

Fire all the blow hards and get someone who gives a hoot. There is more to life than your dyed blond hair and your pocket books lady.